Obama in Germany

Why is German paying hundreds of thousands of dollars in public funds so Obama can give a campaign speech? Something stinks in Berlin.

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,3507071,00.html

Some residents of Germany's perennially cash-strapped capital have taken umbrage at the fact that Obama's visit will cost a half-million euros ($786,000) -- half of which will be born by German public funds.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Obama poster in this article looks a lot like a Communist poster with Lenin instead of Obama and the color of that one was mostly red, but the placement of the portrait and the slanted type are eerily similar.

The Messiah will save the world!!!

The Obama poster in this article looks a lot like a Communist poster with Lenin instead of Obama and the color of that one was mostly red, but the placement of the portrait and the slanted type are eerily similar.

You're arguing the Soviet chicken to the German egg. While the style is definitely evocative of early Soviet art, the Russian constructivists were heavily influenced by Bahaus. So, to bring it back a full circle, the poster design is decidedly German in its roots.

I heard that, instead of saying “Ich bein Berliner,”Obama told the crowd: “Ich bein Beginner.“

At least he did not repeat JFK's mistake of saying that he is a jelly doughnut.

Nope. Walking around with your hands in your pockets to me is very undignified and very unprofessional. Maybe that's just me being old fashioned.

I'm sure that walking around with their hands in their pockets will negatively impact their job performance.

I'm sure that walking around with their hands in their pockets will negatively impact their job performance.

Body language is huge when it comes to how people are perceived. Especially on the world stage. I said I was nit picking but it just struck me in a negative way as soon as I saw the picture.

Body language is huge when it comes to how people are perceived. Especially on the world stage. I said I was nit picking but it just struck me in a negative way as soon as I saw the picture.

He had his hands in his pockets for !@#$s sake. What kind of body language is that? :blink:

BF was nit picking too. BTW He looks like he's ripping one in that photo. Look at the picture again, then hit this link.

King fartsalot

He had his hands in his pockets for !@#$s sake. What kind of body language is that? :blink:

What kind of body language is that? For a professional person is comes accross as lack of confidence, disinterest, boredom. I'm not sure if you do any public speaking or appearances or professional business meetings but how you stand and walk make a big difference in how your percieved. Otherwise it would not have made me roll my eyes when I saw it.

What kind of body language is that? For a professional person is comes accross as lack of confidence, disinterest, boredom. I'm not sure if you do any public speaking or appearances or professional business meetings but how you stand and walk make a big difference in how your percieved. Otherwise it would not have made me roll my eyes when I saw it.

He sure looks disinterested and lacking confidence in that photo. :blink: