Here's a Question for you Edwards hopefuls

A lot of that depends on the front office. I don't see Brandon firing Jauron after Brandon's first year in the chair. Although I do like the sound of Bill Cowher as the Bills coach. Somebody should check to see if Cowher's duaghters are all out of high school after this year. Once that happens I think he'll be back on a sideline. Speaking of Cowher, if he were the head coach, you think he would have pulled JP out of there like that? I think not. Actually I like the sound of Cowher/Losman a lot better than Jauron/Edwards.

Probably all hinges, once again, on the first 4 games of the season. SEA, JAX, OAK, STL. IMO if they're not 3-1 after that start then Jauron is screwed. He could squeak by with the benefit-of-the-doubt crowd if they 're a scrappy 2-2, but if they start 1-3 and Edwards looks like he did at the end of 2007 then the natives are warming up the tar and the chickens in WNY are gonna need to order some fleece pullovers from BassPro.

Probably all hinges, once again, on the first 4 games of the season. SEA, JAX, OAK, STL. IMO if they're not 3-1 after that start then Jauron is screwed. He could squeak by with the benefit-of-the-doubt crowd if they 're a scrappy 2-2, but if they start 1-3 and Edwards looks like he did at the end of 2007 then the natives are warming up the tar and the chickens in WNY are gonna need to order some fleece pullovers from BassPro.

LOL

OK, let's take this one piece at a time then.

Losman's performance in '06 outperformed what Edwards did last year.

:thumbsup:

As well it should have considering it was JP's third year as a pro. Problem is JP regressed in '07.

GO BILLS!!!

I think that pretty much said it. And the fact is, Jauron didn't run the offense. Fairchild did, and it wasn't the one that he promised to run either. The fact is, the FO signs the players and gives the coach the product to put out on the field. The fact is that there were a lot of injuries on D, and had we been healthy on that side of the ball all season, I think we would have won a couple more games than we did. The Ravens did not have a ferocious offense the year they won the Super Bowl, certainly not with Trent Dilfer at QB. Having a very good D is what wins games and in the playoffs and the Bills have been doing that. The fact that the Bills were dead last in points scored last year isn't good, but with all of the changes that they have made does anyone really think that a repeat performance is in order?

As to the original post, no, I wouldn't yank TE at the end of this season even if it goes poorly. I will again refer folks to the fact that Edwards' numbers in nine games last year were as good or better than many of the better QB's in NFL history in their first seasons as QBs. Statistics from last year don't prove anything. Before we start frantically finding reasons for why JP should get back on the field, could we just wait until the season is underway before rushing to judgment and addressing irrelevant hypotheticals?

What was Jauron, our Head Coach, doing while everyone else was screwing up the offense? Playing free cell? And it wasn't just a struggling offense, a young offense or a screw up in the red zone offense. It was the worst offense in the 48 year history of the franchise. By all means, give the top guy a pass. After all, what is a poor Head Coach to do? Not like he is the boss or anything....

Probably the GM's more so then the coach, both are responsible for getting talent but it falls more on the GM.

By the way who ran the show at QB for his offenses? Rookies, Kordellas, Jim Millers, Cade McNowns, Losmans the list of misfits goes on for days. Run a stat check on teams with QB's who enter a season with a career rating under 80, I bet Jaurons win % far exceeds the average of those teams. He's had two pro bowl offensive players, both lineman, in the history of his head coaching career. The lack of talent is undeniable and overwhelming.

But I guess he should just "get it done". If not lets replace him, build a new system, get us a winner.Afterall trying that about half a dozen times over the last decade played no role in our playoff drought.

Which one of those head coaches should we have kept on? Mularkey? Williams? Seems to me lke the problem wasn't that we got rid of them prematurely but that we ever hired them in the first place. By the way, what 6 coaches in the last 10 years are you talking about?

Run the same stat check and see if those coaches managed to field, with no major injuries on that side of the ball, the worst offense in the history of those respective franchises. If you are not going to hold the head coach responsible for the results on the field, who is responsible?

If Jauron puts another offense on the field as bad as last year's, atrocious play calling and all, none of the excuses you are rolling out for him will save his job.

Lets see chances of a blizzard, a monsoon and playing a meaningless game without Jason Peters (he WILL be there) on the road that made him look a lot worse than usual causing the stat boys and JP fans to go wild, are about 0%.

Guest dog14787
What was Jauron, our Head Coach, doing while everyone else was screwing up the offense? Playing free cell? And it wasn't just a struggling offense, a young offense or a screw up in the red zone offense. It was the worst offense in the 48 year history of the franchise. By all means, give the top guy a pass. After all, what is a poor Head Coach to do? Not like he is the boss or anything....

We have a Rookie QB playing on one of the youngest teams in the league, one that was also crippled with injuries.

I think Jauron deserves a medal for how hard our team played week in, week out.

Do you honestly think he had zero concern and did nothing in the way of trying to help? What do you expect him to do break the chain of command?

Thats not how it works, at least not in my book. :cry:

Actually, I'm not a Losman guy. Never have been. Thought it was dumb to trade up for him in round one while everyone here applauded the move. Funny the irony.

Talk about irony, I loved the trade-I wanted to draft JP that year, even posted the reasons to draft JP in the 1st round the morning of the draft. (Among the responses, the best was Ice's, who wrote something like not only no, but f no and called JP a coach killer) I was PO'd in 2005 when Mularkey jerked JP around. The turning point for me started in 2006 when I just didn't see the same progress some were raving about, but was still confident that the guy showed glimpses of greatness and could be the starter. When did JP lose me? -preseason 2007-1st I noticed something during exhibitions that I did not expect-JP showed all his negatives & virtually none of his positives, like he was a different player than the good JP during the 2007 Houston,Jets & Miami games. Then I noticed Trent Edwards looked light years ahead of JP in exhibitions. By the end of pre-season I thought the switch to Edwards in 2007 was inevitable. In fact I wrote another post that got flamed in the middle of pre-season stating that when the Bills make their next playoff appearance, Trent, not JP, would be the starter. So I've come full circle on JP, started with me rolling out the red carpet for him & now I'm the guy in the front row of an angry mob holding the pitchfork & the giant matchstick.

Guest dog14787
Talk about irony, I loved the trade-I wanted to draft JP that year, even posted the reasons to draft JP in the 1st round the morning of the draft. (Among the responses, the best was Ice's, who wrote something like not only no, but f no and called JP a coach killer) I was PO'd in 2005 when Mularkey jerked JP around. The turning point for me started in 2006 when I just didn't see the same progress some were raving about, but was still confident that the guy showed glimpses of greatness and could be the starter. When did JP lose me? -preseason 2007-1st I noticed something during exhibitions that I did not expect-JP showed all his negatives & virtually none of his positives, like he was a different player than the good JP during the 2007 Houston,Jets & Miami games. Then I noticed Trent Edwards looked light years ahead of JP in exhibitions. By the end of pre-season I thought the switch to Edwards in 2007 was inevitable. In fact I wrote another post that got flamed in the middle of pre-season stating that when the Bills make their next playoff appearance, Trent, not JP, would be the starter. So I've come full circle on JP, started with me rolling out the red carpet for him & now I'm the guy in the front row of an angry mob holding the pitchfork & the giant matchstick.

In my opinion the verdict is still out on JP, Lets see what he can do with our new OC.

There was a distinct change in the type of offense we tried to run from 06 t0 07, a change JP spoke up about and was later blasted for, I seen the change, he seen the change, so what was up with that?

Our OC did nothing in 07 to use JP the way he should be used, he's got great wheels and awesome accuracy on the run. The scramble and throw Eli Manning made in the SB, very few QB's could make that play, Jp's one of them.

Its not over until the fat lady sings :cry:

I don't think you are alone on that one.. I still think if JP could get the confidence of a coaching staff he could still be a solid starter in this league, but I think (more so in his mind) the perceived slights and everything else that has happened to him has changed his perspective to the point that no matter what happens here, all he is doing is counting on the days until he can leave. Some team will take a chance on him and maybe he will turn it around, or he will fail and prove to many people (esp on this board) that he is just not a good QB who can't put together all the tools to be a good QB in this league. Personally I hope he is able to put it all together and perform well but I think he needs to get the negative thoughts out of his head if he wants to have any type of long lasting career in the NFL

Sounds like you will be in the forefront of the Ditch Edwards crowd soon.

well if or when edwards flops, the same people loving him now will run him out of town and then we will get a rehash of the bills qb situation once again

Losman should be run out of town because he pays more attention to cleaning up the city than football. Edwards should be run out of town unless he learns to throw like

We have a Rookie QB playing on one of the youngest teams in the league, one that was also crippled with injuries.

I think Jauron deserves a medal for how hard our team played week in, week out.

Do you honestly think he had zero concern and did nothing in the way of trying to help? What do you expect him to do break the chain of command?

Thats not how it works, at least not in my book. :cry:

chain of command??

The OC is running a crappy offense and he reports to the head coach.

Where is there a problem with Jauron directing the OC to fix certain things - like adding audibles.

Losman should be run out of town because he pays more attention to cleaning up the city than football. Edwards should be run out of town unless he learns to throw like

If Edwards does develop a limp wrist and JP is ran out of town and the chroise goes cold.... I recommend

That's what I'm talkin' about.

Guest dog14787
chain of command??

The OC is running a crappy offense and he reports to the head coach.

Where is there a problem with Jauron directing the OC to fix certain things - like adding audibles.

Rookie QB, no TE security blanket to speak of, smallish WR's, and you think adding audibles will fix things?