Trying to GAIN some weight!

Buffan00

Besides steroids..... :thumbsup: Im trying to gain some weight..I have Chron's disease and am down to 195..im 6-2 and need to gain atleast 15 lbs..tried the protein shakes and they do nothing..any advice? Thanks in advance..

Besides steroids..... :thumbsup: Im trying to gain some weight..I have Chron's disease and am down to 195..im 6-2 and need to gain atleast 15 lbs..tried the protein shakes and they do nothing..any advice? Thanks in advance..

I would recommend going to see a registered nutritionist/dietician and get advice from them as opposed to asking advice from folks here.

I would recommend going to see a registered nutritionist/dietician and get advice from them as opposed to asking advice from folks here.

Tried that..adjusted my caloric intake to 4000 calories per day and advised to take in small meals of 6 per day...afetr 4 mos of that my grocery bill went up, but the weight didnt!

When I got out of the Army I was 164lbs at 6'0 that's skinny but then again when you're eating crap and in the desert heat all day it's hard to maintain a healthy weight. When I got home I hit the gym hard and ate about 300 grams of protein a day(that was the hardest part). Thanks to protein shakes and tuna it is possible. I made sure to eat every 4 hours, I even would set my alarm in the middle of the night to get up and down a shake. I gained 40 lbs in a year and a half or so. I still weigh about 200lbs but don't eat to gain anymore and I don't hit the gym as hard.

Also

Weed can help :unsure:

Tried that..adjusted my caloric intake to 4000 calories per day and advised to take in small meals of 6 per day...afetr 4 mos of that my grocery bill went up, but the weight didnt!

eating 6 meals a day can actually speed up your metabolism and help you lose weight. Of course it is dependent on what you are eating as well. Starches and carbs are all good ways to beef up. If you are a high energy guy than again the added element could help you burn fat. Also if you really want to gain, ice cream is quite honestly the worst thing you can eat next to anything from a fast food restaurant. If you could ask any actor that had to beef up for a roll quickly they will tell you that ice cream or milk shakes will do it.

You also want to eat healthy food as well for nutrients but you could get the same thing from vitamins.

Well, I don't know what to tell you, but I'll ask my wife, she seems to be an expert...

I have a free moment so I will add a little bit of input.

The simple formula is that you need to taken in more calories then you burn....in some peoples cases it is MUCH more.....

My son has a fast metabolim and is very active with all of his speed traning, weight lifting, sports.

He weight 180 pounds when football season ended last year. he set a target weight of 200 pounds by the time football starts (hellweek starts in 2 weeks) and is currently at 16 years old 6 feet 195 pounds. But he is also very vascular so his bodyfat is low. He needed to gain weight because his HS Varsity team is moving him to Defensive End. In order to keep putting on muscle and weight he averages it out to 5000 calories or more and 200 grams of protein a day or more. This must be CONSISTANT meaning you have to make a schedule with your meals and supplementation and stay on it not even missing one day.

- I am not sure what type of protein drinks you are taking but I buy "Musclejuice" on line from bodybiulding.com (the same place I get all my supplements. 4 scoops of protein, 1 banana, 1 large scoop of peanut butter, and whole milk adds up to around 1600 calories and around 70 grams of protein. He takes TWO of these per day one first thing in the morning and one right before he goes to bed. In addition to these he eats at least 4 more times during the day one of his favorites is those large sized Marie Callenders chicken pot pies when also gives him some veggies.

- In addition to this supplementation he also takes Musceltech Cell Tech Creatine. Because he takes this he must also take in a lot of fluids every day (Over a gallon of water) Creatine is for athletes/bodybiulder types but you say you want to gain weight and you will gain water weight with this supplement as well. If you stop taking it you will lose some of the weight but not all of it.

- Make sure that you are taking a good multivitamin and fruit type food (my son meets this requirement as he gets two banana's a day they serve 3 purposes to add fruit to diet, to add more calorie intake, and they also help with soreness which lifters and athlets in contact sports really need at times.

Hope that helps