Would Any One Have a Problem?

One of the other posts got me thinking. I like JP I think he is a team player, and may still have a chance to be a good player but it wont be in Buffalo. Do you think he can go possibly go to a team in our division and come back to haunt us?

Depends on what you mean by problem.

Do I think he should be, in any way, loyal to this team? I wouldn't. Let's pretend we are talking about our work for a second here. If I was jerked around by my company, had 5 bosses at the same time, and new ones every time I turn around, etc.? Would anybody stay unless they had to? How is anybody supposed to "buy in" to that?

Do I think he should harbor any resentment towards us or the FO? No way. I didn't work out, it's is simple as that. We aren't going to care in a year anyway, so why should he?

Do I think we are in trouble if he goes to Miami or New Jersey and tells them our playbook? Well, let's worry about that playbook being any good first, or even around next year. Then, let's worry about if he is able to retain any of it. I'm serious, somehow I don't see JP as being able to retain much of anything if not exposed to it daily. And finally, let's take comfort in that fact that if anything, he'll probably goof it up and throw them off.

Do I think that he will be a great player on those teams? It's certainly possible, especially in Miami. Bill Parcells is known for what I call Frankenstein Football. He doesn't want his players to think and/or improvise, he wants them to execute within his system. If JP can do what he is told and think what he is told, when his is told, then he certainly has the physical ability to do the rest. If he is handing the ball off 40 times a game, and throwing out routes to TEs/RBs and the occasional 20 yard pass down field, I can see him doing fine. Parcells is known for boring offensive football and great defense, and wailing on QBs who dare grab any of his spotlight. Perfect place for JP to be in that sense. He does what he's told, no thinking, and he gets rewarded for making Bill look good.

Somehow I don't see JP doing fine with the Jets/Patriots offensive system. I see it as similar to Parcells ball, but much more complicated. That requires timely information processing, not great physical ability, and is the reason we even know who Tom Brady is. The difference is: I don't see JP ever working in that system. BUT, if he did somehow make the system work, when it broke down, he might be able to make plays on his own, and in that he could be dangerous. UNLIKE Brady, who cannot play at any level when his system breaks, as evidenced by the last SB, and the AFC championship game the year before.

One of the other posts got me thinking. I like JP I think he is a team player, and may still have a chance to be a good player but it wont be in Buffalo. Do you think he can go possibly go to a team in our division and come back to haunt us?

I'd love to see JP starting for the Jets or Dolphins. It won't happen in Miami since Parcells doesn't think JP is any good. So, say he ends up on the Jets -JP may come back to Buffalo and clean up the city after the Super Bowl Championship celebration wearing a Jet jersey-that's the only way he could ever haunt us.

I'd love to see JP starting for the Jets or Dolphins. It won't happen in Miami since Parcells doesn't think JP is any good. So, say he ends up on the Jets -JP may come back to Buffalo and clean up the city after the Super Bowl Championship celebration wearing a Jet jersey-that's the only way he could ever haunt us.

That's sure to elicit responses from the "I hope JP comes back and kicks our ass when he plays us" crowd. They know who they are.

GO BILLS!!!

the jets or dolphins would have a problem with terrible QB play.

Let's get real here. He isn't terrible. I don't know what you do for a living, but hopefully people don't talk about you as being "terrible" when or if you aren't. If they do and in JP's case, he'll be as motivated a player as there is in this league when he finds a new home. That my friend can be a very powerful thing - being told you can't do something. With his ability and the right situation, he could end up being very good.

That's sure to elicit responses from the "I hope JP comes back and kicks our ass when he plays us" crowd. They know who they are.

GO BILLS!!!

Of which there are exactly 0 members. It's a sign of stupidity when a fan like yourself just starts making sh_t up. Thinking that Losman will end up being the better of the two QBs does not equate to rooting for him against the Bills. I know that's a big 'ol concept to wrap your tiny brain around so you may not want to attempt it.

word :lol:

Of which there are exactly 0 members. It's a sign of stupidity when a fan like yourself just starts making sh_t up. Thinking that Losman will end up being the better of the two QBs does not equate to rooting for him against the Bills. I know that's a big 'ol concept to wrap your tiny brain around so you may not want to attempt it.

How do you know there are 0 members, unless you are the membership director?

GO BILLS!

If you wish to resort to insults then I question who has the tiny brain. Nobody is making sh*t up, there were a number of posts, since lost, that alluded to exactly what I said. And I'm not the only poster around here that knows it to be true. I'm sure there have been others since the great data purge but I'm not gonna take the time to find them. Call me a liar, tell me I'm making sh*t up if it makes you feel better, but as I said, I'm not alone here.

I apologized to you once if I was mistaken in accusing you of being one of the fans that wouldn't mind seeing JP come back and kick our ass. I apologized then but I'm convinced I was wrong to do so. Your childish bullsh*t doesn't warrant any further apologies. I can tolerate (happily) opinions that differ from my own. I can tolerate blatant lack of football knowledge by many here and their subsequent attacks when I point that out. Been doing that around here since it all started back at the old D&C board.

But I won't tolerate insults combined with blatant lack of knowledge. As a result you can now go officially fu*k yourself.

GO BILLS!!!

Do I think that he will be a great player on those teams? It's certainly possible, especially in Miami. Bill Parcells is known for what I call Frankenstein Football. He doesn't want his players to think and/or improvise, he wants them to execute within his system. If JP can do what he is told and think what he is told, when his is told, then he certainly has the physical ability to do the rest. If he is handing the ball off 40 times a game, and throwing out routes to TEs/RBs and the occasional 20 yard pass down field, I can see him doing fine. Parcells is known for boring offensive football and great defense, and wailing on QBs who dare grab any of his spotlight. Perfect place for JP to be in that sense. He does what he's told, no thinking, and he gets rewarded for making Bill look good.

Parcells is also known to despise turnovers.

JP is a turnover machine.

not a real good match

Parcells is also known to despise turnovers.

JP is a turnover machine.

not a real good match

Agreed. I know this isn't a Losman v. Edwards thread, but in the Parcells context it applies. Given a choice between Edwards and Losman, Parcells would choose Edwards so quickly it would make your head spin. I posted this sometime last year around the time of the Cleveland game, but Edwards was allowing far fewer "negative plays" at the position -- sacks, INTs, fumbles -- than you would expect from a 3-4 year veteran, much less a rookie. Parcells drools over that stuff. Losman is not nearly as careful with the ball (or field position).

Depends on what you mean by problem.

Do I think he should be, in any way, loyal to this team? I wouldn't. Let's pretend we are talking about our work for a second here. If I was jerked around by my company, had 5 bosses at the same time, and new ones every time I turn around, etc.? Would anybody stay unless they had to? How is anybody supposed to "buy in" to that?

Do I think he should harbor any resentment towards us or the FO? No way. I didn't work out, it's is simple as that. We aren't going to care in a year anyway, so why should he?

Do I think we are in trouble if he goes to Miami or New Jersey and tells them our playbook? Well, let's worry about that playbook being any good first, or even around next year. Then, let's worry about if he is able to retain any of it. I'm serious, somehow I don't see JP as being able to retain much of anything if not exposed to it daily. And finally, let's take comfort in that fact that if anything, he'll probably goof it up and throw them off.

Somehow I don't see JP doing fine with the Jets/Patriots offensive system. I see it as similar to Parcells ball, but much more complicated. That requires timely information processing, not great physical ability, and is the reason we even know who Tom Brady is. The difference is: I don't see JP ever working in that system. BUT, if he did somehow make the system work, when it broke down, he might be able to make plays on his own, and in that he could be dangerous. UNLIKE Brady, who cannot play at any level when his system breaks, as evidenced by the last SB, and the AFC championship game the year before.

What!? Which JP Losman are you referring to? Wasn't this EXACTLY what was happening in Buffalo in 2005 and 2006 when he was as solid as a wet turd?

Honestly, I would have a problem with Losman going to another team within the division, and not for the simple petty I wouldn't be able to root for him. Let's face it, JP is physically the most talented QB the Bills have had since Kelly (Bledsoe is up for debate). If JP has a coordinator like a Mike Martz who actually understands QB play and how to open up an offense, and JP could be a dangerous QB yet. I don't want to take that chance of him being in the division torching us twice a year.