What do the Bills eat during training camp?

I believe there was a piece on this time out of mind ago. Don't remember if it was from BN, RD&C, bb.com or elsewhere. Perhaps our resident guru-of-all-things-Bills Lori will come through in the clutch, yet again.

They ran a list of what quantities of such-and-such food from the menu was eaten over a time period. And it was massive. As they say, an army fights with its stomach.

I believe there was a piece on this time out of mind ago. Don't remember if it was from BN, RD&C, bb.com or elsewhere. Perhaps our resident guru-of-all-things-Bills Lori will come through in the clutch, yet again.

They ran a list of what quantities of such-and-such food from the menu was eaten over a time period. And it was massive. As they say, an army fights with its stomach.

Are the players restricted to x amount of calories per day?

Are the players restricted to x amount of calories per day?

It's carefully coordinated with the team nutritionist (I forget whether the conditioning coach has much, if any, input in this area), and it's individualized to each player's needs/goals. Such as if they need to lose or gain weight, muscle/fat ratios, etc.

as I recall from that articall and from watching that show from hbo durring training camps..they have a huge buffet of food...lots of fruits, several variaties of juices and gatorades...buffet has things such as scrammbled eggs, bacon, sausage, pankakes and all the breakfast crap plus stuff like salads, cottage cheese, heath foods...but it really is a good spread...obviously at night the bufet turns to more lunch/dinner type foods...from what i saw its almost like they went to country buffet/ponderosa...but it might differ from team to team...ok now im hungry :bag:

as I recall from that articall and from watching that show from hbo durring training camps..they have a huge buffet of food...lots of fruits, several variaties of juices and gatorades...buffet has things such as scrammbled eggs, bacon, sausage, pankakes and all the breakfast crap plus stuff like salads, cottage cheese, heath foods...but it really is a good spread...obviously at night the bufet turns to more lunch/dinner type foods...from what i saw its almost like they went to country buffet/ponderosa...but it might differ from team to team...ok now im hungry :bag:

mmmmmmm, I wonder if anybody ever sneaks hot chicks in at night?

Hey.....I heard that Joe Corsin, a maitre d'/bouncer at the Stage Delicatessen in New York City is in town for the start of training camp!!!

Humble Pie. It works for the Pats, why can't it work for us. :bag:

Hey.....I heard that Joe Corsin, a maitre d'/bouncer at the Stage Delicatessen in New York City is in town for the start of training camp!!!

I heard that as well, needless to say I'm packing my bags for St John Fisher to PLUCK HIS EYES OUT OF HIS SOCKETS AND FEED THEM TO THE CROWS- HE'S A BRAINLESS GOON, I CAN TELL BY HIS INTONATION!!!!!

Their food is prepared by "Bon Ape'tit" at St. John Fisher....

I went there for 1 year and the food is pretty good, They have a grill stand with Chicken Breasts, Burgers

Then they have the salad bar with fresh fruit as well

Then they have a pizza/pasta bar and there is also a station with a new main course every day.

From what the cooks told me not all players are on diet restiction, however some are.

One Chef told me, "You should have seen Sam Adams' face when he saw how much 3oz of Shirmp was!"

the end.

I heard that as well, needless to say I'm packing my bags for St John Fisher to PLUCK HIS EYES OUT OF HIS SOCKETS AND FEED THEM TO THE CROWS- HE'S A BRAINLESS GOON, I CAN TELL BY HIS INTONATION!!!!!

You look like the last shlt I took......riiiiiiiight!

Tons of all types of food. Each item is color coded and each player is told what they are to eat BUT boys being boys they all have their own stash of sneaked snack food in their rooms. I think it was Robert Royal who had a closet shelf full of little Debbies and Nacho chips.

Rusty Jones started them on a color coded system years ago - I think the new guy does it the same way. For some players you have to use the KISS method. Keep It Simple Stupid.

This much I know from having to feed my own horse at home.....

When these guys are doing two a days they need to eat a ton of calories.....yeah you have your Jamie Nails types that have to have some sort of restriction....but most of these athletes are in prime condition and dont have to lose weight.

They gotta have their calories, water, and gatorade and lots of it. Plus the trainers probably have them taking supplements of some kind or another.