Lots of Young Players on Our Team Ready to Shine

Of all the young players and developing, who are you keeping the closest eye on heading into camp and the regular season.

Not necessarily who's development is more important or obvious/likely, but just who you are really keen on watching.

Me personally I am really curious to see how quick Hardy picks up the offence and how much he'll contribute. I am very interested in watching his development and seeing how he uses his huge height and speed on the NFL gridiron. I think his development is crucial to Evans' production, Edwards' development, and the team's red zone cababilities. I'm not gonna lie, I have high expectations for him, which may be unfair, since WRs don't usually shine right away. But WRs usually aren't 6'5" either. :D

Rookie wise I'm gonna be keeping an eye on Chris Ellis. The prospect of an edge rusher besides schobel on this team is nice. I like what I saw out of him in college, and believe he has a nice upside. Seeing Kelsay less and less on 3rd downs as the season wears on will be a good thing imo.

Otherwise I'm keeping an eye on McCargo and Spencer Johnson. This is the biggest key to how the season will shake out defensively. If both can take that next step foward, we could have a productive defense, that not while tops in the league, can give us a measure of respectability, and a lot less sieve like. Interior to exterior pressure, and run control. I'm also looking at Kawika Mitchell. I can't shake his horrible play pre giants out of my mind. He adds size to the lb core, but I question whether or not he was a fluke last season with the gmen. Also Ko Simpson and how he returns from injury. Our secondary depth was terrible and it showed last year. A healthy safety tandem with Whitner/Simpson will do wonders.

It's not his first season although it seems like it. Before he got hurt last year it seemed like Posluszny was in on every tackle. I'm really curious to see if he is as good as I remember him to be. Man I hope so.

It's not his first season although it seems like it. Before he got hurt last year it seemed like Posluszny was in on every tackle. I'm really curious to see if he is as good as I remember him to be. Man I hope so.

Yeah, me too. Lets hope he can pick up where he left off.

One of the most promising qualities about Poz is his ability to absorb a mistake and stay clear of making it again. You can see it on film where he gets dusted, comes back and the next time the play is run at him he blows it up. The kid stays healthy and our DL doesn't get him killed, he could become a very, very good football player.

I'm looking to see if Turk Schonert (through Edwards) can utilize the only true game breaker we have in Roscoe Parrish more than fairchild did.

Also cant wait to see Poz stuffing up runners at the line of scrimmage.

and last but not least...Anybody who can get to Tom Brady

jabari greer - i think he could really take a huge step forward this year. i know we drafted mckelvin, but greer is a playmaker. mckelvin will need some time, and in that time greer could really continue on his streak of great play from last year and otas. coming back knowing what you can do because you've already done it and being able to build on that is something that you can't underestimate with him. really psyched about poz and ko simpson as my favorite post-injury returning starters. i know a lot of teams feel real good before the season starts and we're young, but this squad could turn the corner to legit like real soon.

Like others, I expect Hardy to make a huge impact on our offense if he stays healthy. The main thing will be him and Edwards building chemistry reading the same things in the defense. The faster the two of them get on the same page, the closer he'll be to Offensive ROY honors. He'll open up tthe field for Evans, but he will create match-up problems for any team because he's 6' 5". Can't recall any corners in the league that are that tall.

On defense, I feel this is McCargo's year. This is the year he lives up to the hype of being the guy that Marv traded back into the first round to get. I'm not making a Pro Bowl garauntee or anything :D but I do see the guy turning into a potential star at the DT position. If Stroud stays healthy, McCargo is going to tear it up. Sorry Kyle, sorry Spencer, this is McCargo's year.

Surprised no one's said anything about McKelvin. I see him winning the nickel corner job and eventually working his way into the starting line-up. I'm especially interested to see if he can put to rest the talk that his ball skills are sub-par. The team has said he won't return kicks, but he's proven so good at it in college, it'd be a waste for him not to.

Personally, I'm keeping my eyes on these two I think they have several assets which could lead to a growth of team morale.

Seriously though I'm interested to see Hardy and the group of TEs. I'm hoping that one of the TEs is finally not a chump. I think Parrish busts out ion offense in a big way this year.

I'm looking at the development of McCargo and Poz in the center of the defense, and just how much the acquisition of Marcus Stroud will help make these two true impact players in defending the run.

If Poz is in on every tackle, McCargo and Kelsay can find the QB, and the (greatest imo) young safety tandem can handle the deep end of the Cover 2, then I believe we have a top 7 defense this year.

Whitner, McGee, Crow, and Kyle are underrated, mix them with solid depth, Jabari, Ko, Dennster and Kawika, and you have a very, very solid defense. DiGiorgio can fill in at any LB spot, I believe, and Ellison will be a fantastic 3rd down cover LB for Kawika. Ellis and Denney as backups at end don't bother me whatsoever, the starting (slash backup) circulation of DT's makes me excited (K-Will and Marcus Stroud on running downs? Yes please.) and the LB corp is solid. Corner is close to the deepest depth on the team, and who wouldn't mind seeing George Wilson in place of Ko Simpson at safety!?

I'm VERY excited about the defense this year.

As our ST is always exceptional, The light shines on the offense.

I believe that if (and here's where the post pertains to the topic) we are to succeed on offense, Trent, James, and (yes, seriously) Derek Schouman will need to prove their worth on offense.