Lots of Young Players on Our Team Ready to Shine

For me it its James Hardy too. I hope he can perform and be a starter. With his height and good hands our offense can become a powerhouse. This would keep the defense of the field more and keep them sharp and tough into the late part of games. We won't know untill after training camp.

Its anew season!

GO BILLS!!!

I'd like to go in a different direction here.

I'm looking forward to seeing Brad Butler's play this year after he started most of last year. I think he can become one of the elite guards of the league. He has the physical size and toughness to get the job done.

George Wilson is another guy that intrigues me. He was a play maker in only his first season as a starter at safety. He should make our nickel and dime coverages even better this season.

I'll be watching Darien Barnes at FB as well this year. When healthy he proved to be a devastating lead blocker in years past. Let's hope he can regain that ability now that he appears to be healthy.

Rookie wise I'm gonna be keeping an eye on Chris Ellis. The prospect of an edge rusher besides schobel on this team is nice. I like what I saw out of him in college, and believe he has a nice upside. Seeing Kelsay less and less on 3rd downs as the season wears on will be a good thing imo.

Otherwise I'm keeping an eye on McCargo and Spencer Johnson. This is the biggest key to how the season will shake out defensively. If both can take that next step foward, we could have a productive defense, that not while tops in the league, can give us a measure of respectability, and a lot less sieve like. Interior to exterior pressure, and run control. I'm also looking at Kawika Mitchell. I can't shake his horrible play pre giants out of my mind. He adds size to the lb core, but I question whether or not he was a fluke last season with the gmen. Also Ko Simpson and how he returns from injury. Our secondary depth was terrible and it showed last year. A healthy safety tandem with Whitner/Simpson will do wonders.

Doesn't Ellis play RDE?

I'll go for Ellis as well. We really need line play on both sides. As usual we did nothing for the OL, so on the DL it's gotta be Ellis. It would be refreshing if Ellis came on to be like Patrick Kerney although on the right side. Schobel had a down year but he's getting up there. It would probably just be a wash over the long haul, but think what happens without Schobel-like production.

Offensively it would be nice to see Hardy or Johnson emerge, or both. That's a lot to expect from rookies with Edwards hurling the pigskin.