Neighbor's annoying dog!

Buffan00

OK..make this short..neighbor has a terrier of some sort that she lets out and it barks at us non-stop until she is let back in (about an hr at a time) We are in an upscale neighborhood, but no HOA..ive tried saying something to her, but she says she HAS to let the dog out. The other night we had friends over and ate out on the deck, and then she let the damn dog out and it barked NON STOP until we said hell with it lets go in! Do whistles work? What does one do in this situation???

You think YOU got it bad? I have your same exact problem on the left of my house. This dog has a serious "Napolean Complex". He's all of one foot tall and has the loudest, most annoying bark in barking history.

The house on the right side of me has a dog as well but it isn't what comes out of his mouth that bothers me. These filthy people don't clean after their dog very well. He craps all over the place and makes my whole yard wreak like dog poop. Every now and then these pigs finally dispose of all the dog crap and when they do, the pile of crap literally reaches up to a person's knee in height. I've contacted my HOA and my neighbors took care of their problem for all of one week and then they were back to the same old s**t. No pun intended.

As a dog owner myself.....I cannot STAND when people cannot control their dogs barking.

I am down to 2 animals now that my dear Samson has departed for dog heaven (smartest dog I ever owned and he didn't bark unless there was something totally out of place like someone trying to walk into my back yard.

I have a Akita which is a big asian faced looking 100 pound teddy bear with a reall weak @ssed bark but is lovable.

Then I have a younger german sheapard Apollo that we got because we thought Samson was getting ready to pass on....as it turns out he hung on for 2 more years after that. But this dog IS a barker. I am on him constantly because I dont want to annoy my neighbors.

But I will say this for him. He is very smart and catches things I do not. The other day he was barking and I could not shut him up so I went out to investigate. A vagrant of some sort was picking through my garbage on the side of my house looking for stuff. I also keep things like my lawnmower not to far away from that area. Now this guy knows I have dogs and probably wont be back.

You think YOU got it bad? I have your same exact problem on the left of my house. This dog has a serious "Napolean Complex". He's all of one foot tall and has the loudest, most annoying bark in barking history.

The house on the right side of me has a dog as well but it isn't what comes out of his mouth that bothers me. These filthy people don't clean after their dog very well. He craps all over the place and makes my whole yard wreak like dog poop. Every now and then these pigs finally dispose of all the dog crap and when they do, the pile of crap literally reaches up to a person's knee in height. I've contacted my HOA and my neighbors took care of their problem for all of one week and then they were back to the same old s**t. No pun intended.

Your neighbors should be doing a better job of keeping up with that.

I have 2 HUGE dogs who leave a lot of waste. We clean up their pen once a weak and I spray down a industrial strength deoderant to keep the smell down. The problem is it gets so hot here in california that it makes it that much worse.

OK..make this short..neighbor has a terrier of some sort that she lets out and it barks at us non-stop until she is let back in (about an hr at a time) We are in an upscale neighborhood, but no HOA..ive tried saying something to her, but she says she HAS to let the dog out. The other night we had friends over and ate out on the deck, and then she let the damn dog out and it barked NON STOP until we said hell with it lets go in! Do whistles work? What does one do in this situation???

Talk to her again. Make sure she has listened to what you are asking for - some common consideration. Dogs will bark, but this is insulting to you!

If it continues, get a boom box and turn it on loudly every time the dog is barking. Loop AC/DC's "Hells Bells" - over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over .

I will bet she listens to that!

Get Newman and Kramer to help you dognap the little mutt. Drive him out into the country somewhere and let him out.

Talk to her again. Make sure she has listened to what you are asking for - some common consideration. Dogs will bark, but this is insulting to you!

If it continues, get a boom box and turn it on loudly every time the dog is barking. Loop AC/DC's "Hells Bells" - over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over .

Maybe play this on the loop. It should get their attention. (strong Language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LecHN0i53Is

This is a sure fire way to get yourself in trouble.

Kramer has a friend that can help you with this little problem.........

Note in the mailbox. I think thats a weak move to start conversation with a neighbor you have issues with, but since you've already done the courteous thing and tried talking to them, write a note. Explain how this is ruining you summer and although you understand some dogs can be difficult to stop from barking, that frankly isn't your problem. Explain that you hate to do this, but if it continues (and you can understand a bark or two, but the constant noise is unacceptable) you will have to call the police.

Good Luck