Libs not appreciating latest New Yorker cover

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11th Commandment: Do not criticize the Messiah!

It's not criticism, though. It's a satirical cover meant to mock all the criticism that the racist conservatives are (supposedly) lobbing at Obama. Of course, satire of a phenomenon doesn't really work when the satire itself is about 100x more high profile than the phenomenon. :thumbsup:

Side note: Why is the artwork so crappy?

It's funny that they're pissed. What it's really saying is this is what the idiots on the right really think.

It'll be amazing to see how quickly this becomes a rallying cry against evil, racist conservatives.

It's funny that they're pissed. What it's really saying is this is what the idiots on the right really think.

Yep, pretty much.

Flag City, USA

My neighbors kid (13 years old) said her parents won't vote for Obama because "his religion teaches black people to hate white people." Gee, I wonder where they'd get that idea?"

I see Obama goes to church and he's a muslim. What a flip-flopper.

What did you think of the article? Even when told flat out that rumors weren't true they continue to believe. A fact checking couldn't hurt

You didn't say anything about him being a muslim who goes to church. You said his religion teaches black people to hate white people. Rev. Wright was a race-baiting loon and Obama looked up to him for 20 years (right up to the point where Wright was bad politics; also when it became clear Obama could care less about whatever had been coming out of his mentor's mouth for two decades).

I think it is great... Shows how stupid the right is. Keep up the good work NY'er!

:thumbsup::wacko:

Too bad that rather than getting a laugh out of it, the left proved to be equally stupid by getting all worked up over it. :wacko::thumbsup:

I think it is great... Shows how stupid the right is. Keep up the good work NY'er!

:thumbsup::wacko:

Yes, except for the most famous examples of people portraying Obama as a Muslim came from the Clinton campaign. Oops.

:wacko::thumbsup:<_<

I just can't believe that people do not this to be disgusting. I know, damn Libs can't take a joke. Whatever. I just think that is in some serious poor taste. Maybe the next one should be making fun of McCain.... maybe carrying around the Hanoi Hilton pictures, using them as a show and tell?

I just can't believe that people do not this to be disgusting. I know, damn Libs can't take a joke. Whatever. I just think that is in some serious poor taste. Maybe the next one should be making fun of McCain.... maybe carrying around the Hanoi Hilton pictures, using them as a show and tell?

lol, if this was on The Daily Show, no one would be having an issue with it.

(Great idea with the Hanoi Hilton pictures though, since people totally use McCain's time as a PoW to attack him :ph34r: )