Libs not appreciating latest New Yorker cover

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't think it's in great taste. Not only for the Obama's part - and really when was the last time a candidate's wife has been attacked so much? What really struck a nerve with me was the flag in the fireplace and Bin Laden on the wall. Just sad.

I just don't think it's in great taste. Not only for the Obama's part - and really when was the last time a candidate's wife has been attacked so much? What really struck a nerve with me was the flag in the fireplace and Bin Laden on the wall. Just sad.

Says the man with a doctored photo of John McCain as his avatar

I agree the New Yorker cover was over the top, but I wonder if you would be so outraged if they targeted McCain next month :ph34r:

Says the man with a doctored photo of John McCain as his avatar

I agree the New Yorker cover was over the top, but I wonder if you would be so outraged if they targeted McCain next month :ph34r:

A doctored photo of McCain is nothing compared to that cover, unless I had something go after his military record. I would feel the same.

A doctored photo of McCain is nothing compared to that cover, unless I had something go after his military record. I would feel the same.

Come on.

Its a joke about the Fox News "Terrorist Fist Jab" comment, pointing out the absurdity of the whole thing. They're, *gasp*, dressed up as terrorists, doing the supposed terrorist fist jab.

Obama's campaign did a great job portraying himself as the victim here, though. The next time someone brings up his Muslim heritage, everyone will remember how outraged we're supposed to at that person.

Come on.

Its a joke about the Fox News "Terrorist Fist Jab" comment, pointing out the absurdity of the whole thing. They're, *gasp*, dressed up as terrorists, doing the supposed terrorist fist jab.

Obama's campaign did a great job portraying himself as the victim here, though. The next time someone brings up his Muslim heritage, everyone will remember how outraged we're supposed to at that person.

I know it's a joke. I still think that it's ridiculous and in bad taste. And really, he is victim here (so is his wife).

In the future everyone is a victim, the only variant will be to which degree.

Will we be issued a victim card that will get us Federal Benefits? Let's see, if you're black you get $xx.xx, if you're hispanic you get $xx.xx. If you weren't born in a suburb you are entitled to $x.xx, if someone drew an offensive cartoon about you you're entitled to xxx,xxx votes, etc.

Because really, it's not my fault that I am who I am, somebody made me this way... :ph34r:

I know it's a joke. I still think that it's ridiculous and in bad taste. And really, he is victim here (so is his wife).

Michelle Obama talks like she's been a "victim" her entire life. I don't see how this should affect her any more than all that horrible racism she encountered while attending an Ivy League school and making six figures at a hospital where she never helped a single sick person.

Of a ridiculous joke.

First off, there is nothing "ridiculous" about the satire that they did. They simply drew up what Fox News accused him of (in a comical fashion, I must add).

Furthermore, he's not a "Victim" in this case. To be a "Victim", you need to be attacked. The New Yorker didn't attack Obama or his wife.

Michelle Obama talks like she's been a "victim" her entire life. I don't see how this should affect her any more than all that horrible racism she encountered while attending an Ivy League school and making six figures at a hospital where she never helped a single sick person.

So because she went to Ivy League School and is making good money that means she has never been the victim of racism? Again, I can't remember the last time I saw a party attack the other candidates wife just as much as the candidate. Quite sad. What's next Obama's kids?

Jealousy sucks, though I think you've hit most of the talking points in this thread and I'd like to congratulate you for that. Keep up the good work and we may get Old Man McCain in the white house yet!

Incidentally, after nearly eight years of our 'underprivileged', hard-knock-life Prez (who fought his way up from the gutter of course), the best you can do is to question the supposed pampered life of the Democratic candidate's wife??? Seriously? You know W also went to an Ivy League school, right? But he's the salt of the earth of course. Do you even think before you latch on to every word that comes out of Rush Limbaugh's pill-popping mouth? Original ideas and critical thought are both good things.

Jealousy sucks, though I think you've hit most of the talking points in this thread and I'd like to congratulate you for that. Keep up the good work and we may get Old Man McCain in the white house yet!

Incidentally, after nearly eight years of our 'underprivileged', hard-knock-life Prez (who fought his way up from the gutter of course), the best you can do is to question the supposed pampered life of the Democratic candidate's wife??? Seriously? You know W also went to an Ivy League school, right? But he's the salt of the earth of course. Do you even think before you latch on to every word that comes out of Rush Limbaugh's pill-popping mouth? Original ideas and critical thought are both good things.

And this has what do with GWB?

And this has what do with GWB?

This has everything to do with the extreme hypocrisy our fellow Bills fan's comments regarding Michelle Obama. You will not find a stauncher defender of GWB on these boards, a fact that said poster is likely quite proud of. Yet the very criticism that he is directing at the candidate's WIFE (and much worse) could have easily been leveled at GWB over the past eight years. Way to take a stand now!

The irony and contradiction are simply incredible and speak volumes about the poster's sole desire to blindly root for his favorite team. This type of loyalty is a good quality in an NFL fan, but doesn't translate well to politics, at least not in a good way.

OK, it's time to defend your friend now. I'm bracing myself for the onslaught.