Libs not appreciating latest New Yorker cover

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have yet to see hordes of people saying that the cartoon confirmed their worldview on Obama.

The people who would actually consider the cartoon validation of their feelings aren't likely to be well informed (and thus not much of a chance of knowing about it), nor would they vote for Obama in the first place.

I think I sorta stated that previously ... but in any event I agree with you. A subset of people who read this magazine raised a stink....the great unwashed masses who would not ordinarily even be aware of its existence are now aware of the cover, but not much else. Hence the "informed" have done a great job ill-informing the already ill-informed. And a great big DUH to them for that. :lol:

I think I sorta stated that previously ... but in any event I agree with you. A subset of people who read this magazine raised a stink....the great unwashed masses who would not ordinarily even be aware of its existence are now aware of the cover, but not much else. Hence the "informed" have done a great job ill-informing the already ill-informed. And a great big DUH to them for that. :lol:

Its about money, woo.

Hence the "informed" have done a great job ill-informing the already ill-informed. And a great big DUH to them for that. :lol:

I think you just did a brilliant job of describing your fellow progressives.

I think you just did a brilliant job of describing your fellow progressives.

So what you mean is - progressives are informed, and by definition therefore conservatives are ill-informed.

I'm glad you agree. :lol:

So what you mean is - progressives are informed, and by definition therefore conservatives are ill-informed.

I'm glad you agree. :devil:

Keep playing that elitist card. It's worked wonders for your brethren in the past.

Flash news alert for pBills! I found another site with Obama in a turban! The audacity of Dope!

Hopefully this doesn't spawn another 8 pages of tripe, but here goes.

PBills-take a qualude before watching! It's time for some campaigning!

http://www.jibjab.com/originals

Funny thing is if Obama & Co hadn't blown the New Yorker thing out of proportion, more people would have seen Jibjab

Fortunately for the country, his term is almost up. Thankfully it is impossible for either McCain or Obama to do worse, although it will take a long time for the eight-year debacle to be cleaned up

Apparently you weren't around for Jimmy "it's your fault, America, not mine" Carter. Believe me, it can get a hell of a lot worse than Bush and it took almost the entire 80's to clean up Carter's mess, right in time for Clinton to come in and start from 0, instead of -20 = where we were when Reagan took over.

Face it there is a lot of people out there who do not know any better. Michelle Obama isn't proud of this country, etc., etc.

I still believe Michelle Obama isn't proud of this country, because I watched her say so myself on CNN, FOX and MSNBC. She can obfuscate all she likes, but she's nowhere near as good at it as Hillary is. She's got a lot to learn. I doubt I will forget it, even though you want me to. She had an opportunity to show her class in that situation. Hillary would have. Instead she looked petty. Moreover, if she didn't want to get herself involved in the campaign, then she shouldn't be making provocative statements of any kind. Like I said, a lot to learn. In fairness, she was obviously new to all this, at least at the time, just like her husband. Besides, the Obama has already said it was a mistake to involve his Holy family in his campaign. Sorry, I meant his holy crusade, so whaddya want? Your god has spoken.

Regarding this cover, once again, we see just how phony and completely hypocritical the far-left is. Do we really want to put these people in charge of anything ever again? Really? Because when things get tough, and they actually have to make tough decisions that must be the right ones, somehow I think Jimmy Carter all over again.