Dazed and Confused or Fast times?

My brother who is 15 just called and asked me this question. He was at the store and couldn't decide which to buy. For a minute I was stumped... You see he has never seen either and while I know he'll eventually see both I still couldn't decide which one I liked more.

I mean Spicoli or Wooderson, Joey Lauren Adams or Phoebe Cates?

What would you all have told him? Can you guess which one I said?

Dazed and Confused!

That's what I like about those high school girls, I keep getting older and they stay the same age....

Plus who needs all that emotional pregnant chick stuff in Fast Times....

i'm guessing you told him fast times due to phoebe being topless, but i think d & c is a better movie

D and C FOR SURE!

Especially for a 15 year old. When I was 15 I watched D and C like 3 times a week for about two months.

Fast Times is something an older crowd can appreciate because it's much much more nostalgic and reflective. Nobody who's in high school wants to be reminded how fast a year, then four years can fly by.

I agree with l2dg that D&C is a better movie, but not by much. I don't think you can go wrong either way, but the problem here is that we're talking about a 15 year-old kid that didn't live through either era (mid 70s vs early 80s). Will he appreciate the nuances? :rolleyes:

I give the edge to D&C based solely on "Convenience Store" scenes. The clerk at the store that sells Mitch the sixer while supplying nutrition advice to the expectant mother, barely out-paces "Way to go, Hamilton!"

Can't the kid just get both or doesn't he have enough 'inspiration' to get through 3 hours?

I told him D&C for sure. I mean the soundtrack alone on Dazed is worth the buy. Everything about it was just on point. It was near flawless. Fast times was good but I always thought D&C was better.

I have also been in hopelessly in love with Milla Jovovich ever since watching it for the first time.

I agree with l2dg that D&C is a better movie, but not by much. I don't think you can go wrong either way, but the problem here is that we're talking about a 15 year-old kid that didn't live through either era (mid 70s vs early 80s). Will he appreciate the nuances? :rolleyes:

I give the edge to D&C based solely on "Convenience Store" scenes. The clerk at the store that sells Mitch the sixer while supplying nutrition advice to the expectant mother, barely out-paces "Way to go, Hamilton!"

Can't the kid just get both or doesn't he have enough 'inspiration' to get through 3 hours?

You mean the guy who reminds her to eat something green while selling her smokes?

Here's a question (don't mean to hijack but...)- how do people feel American Grafitti compares to D and C.

I realize that George Lucas' popularity has basically bottomed out since it was made but...

Same concept, different era, no? Music plays a pivotal role in each, though D and C is SIGNIFICANTLY cooler.

My brother who is 15 just called and asked me this question. He was at the store and couldn't decide which to buy. For a minute I was stumped... You see he has never seen either and while I know he'll eventually see both I still couldn't decide which one I liked more.

I mean Spicoli or Wooderson, Joey Lauren Adams or Phoebe Cates?

What would you all have told him? Can you guess which one I said?

Stoned age.

I agree with l2dg that D&C is a better movie, but not by much. I don't think you can go wrong either way, but the problem here is that we're talking about a 15 year-old kid that didn't live through either era (mid 70s vs early 80s). Will he appreciate the nuances? :blink:

That convenince store is, literally, about three blocks from my house. It is right around the corner from the resteraunt they use as the "hangout" in the Friday Night Lights television show...the one with the checkerboard walls...I loved Dazed & Confused.....