Latest Attempt to Sell Toronto Tickets

They must really be hurting to sell these....just received this by email (I had signed up for the lottery earlier, but never bought any tix):

Hey, Sports Fans!

Preseason & Two-Game Tickets Available

We are pleased to announce the release of a new block of standard tickets for the Bills Toronto Series! The majority of these tickets are priced from $70 to $195 per game. These exclusive tickets are available as a result of sponsor and NFL re-allocations.

We are thrilled to be able to offer them to you before we put them up for a general public sale. You can purchase the August 14 game vs. the Pittsburgh Steelers or a two-game package of the Steelers game and the December 7 game vs. the Miami Dolphins. A limited number of seats are available, so if you want to see NFL football action at Rogers Centre and be a part of Canadian Sports History, you will need to act quickly.

By act quickly, they mean you need to buy them at least an hour before game time....

Heh. I was just coming over here to post this ...

Here's the message on the preseason-only page: Tickets are currently not available online for one of the following reasons. Please check back for availability.

You folks do know that if the Toronto expiriment fails, this team might not have enough moey to stick around? Right?

I don't recall either of us dancing a jig at the news. Just thought people might be interested in the information. Sue me.

You folks do know that if the Toronto expiriment fails, this team might not have enough moey to stick around? Right?

So, you're saying that if Toronto isn't good enough for the powers that be they'll then have to relocate to an even bigger and still wealthier city? Hmmm...the Tokyo Bills. Aaahhhhh...ssooooo....

The bottom line is these games WILL sell out. Rogers got greedy and thought he could bully everyone into the high-priced lock-in packages. He was wrong. Now the tickets will be released and sold as they should have in the first place, and the stadium will be full on gameday.

You do know that if the economy is going to get as bad as it looks.....5 other teams will be looking to sell, and there will be few knocking down the door to buy.

The best part about the Bills is that they have no debt. If Wilson dies and nobody has money to buy a team, the Wilson family may do best by getting a low appraisal to pay a small tax amount compared to what it would be under normal market conditions...then taking out a small loan to hang on to them for a while, or just sell it to a local group.

The Bills need a 1-2 exacta to stay in town.

1)Toronto has to prove they are not interested in the NFL......looks like we are on the way.

2)Economy has to keep tanking, because Buffalo has a natural bottom built in and could actually pick up as a cheaper alternative with cheap land, ample fresh water, the power grid starts 10 miles away on the Niagara, and we will be able to work through a Depressionesque situation easier than most places.

Now....nobody may care about sports anymore if that is how bad it gets, but it WOULD.....probably keep the Bills in Buffalo.

Jacksonville is beating off sales rumors, and look for more to start circulating. The moneybags in the world with a bunch of debt are in deep do-do right now.

You may have a point. A crap economy helps Buffalo because, frankly, we close to the bottom already. Suddenly the billion-dollar price tag on the Bills isn't such a sure thing. I bet Rogers is crapping his silk panties because no one is buying his overpriced tickets. Plus other teams are being floated as possible L.A. movers.

PTR

The Bills already have their money for all the Toronto games, they are not concerned with ticket sales. Although if you mean future games beyond the 5 year agreement being played in Toronto may be affected, then I can see that point. But for the first 5 years, the Bills already have guaranteed money. I see these games selling out with little or no problem though. It is only July...