Wade Phillips already on the way out in Dallas

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...__.31900ea.html

Dude is an incredible defensive coordinator and has been a successful Head Coach with the Cowboys, Bills, and to some extent the Broncos, and has filled in as interim coach with a couple other teams

Yet nobody seems willing to give him more than 2 or 3 years before moving on to the next hot shot flavor of the month

His history suggests that he cannot win in the playoffs. Whether that's happenstance is anyone's guess. And in Denver, he was replaced by Shanahan, which was a great move. In Buffalo he was fired after he refused to fire Ronnie Jones. With the Cowboys, he was done as soon as they re-signed Jason Garrett to a huge contract, to prevent him from leaving and to takeover for Phillips after this season.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...__.31900ea.html

Dude is an incredible defensive coordinator and has been a successful Head Coach with the Cowboys, Bills, and to some extent the Broncos, and has filled in as interim coach with a couple other teams

Yet nobody seems willing to give him more than 2 or 3 years before moving on to the next hot shot flavor of the month

No doubt Wade Philips will be out as head coach in Dallas in 1-2 years. No one can deny he is a good defensive coordinator but lacks leadership and sideline demeanor to be a good head coach. Believe me, his success in Dallas is because he inherited Parcells' team. Who do you think Jerry "facelift" Jones will bring in?

No doubt Wade Philips will be out as head coach in Dallas in 1-2 years. No one can deny he is a good defensive coordinator but lacks leadership and sideline demeanor to be a good head coach. Believe me, his success in Dallas is because he inherited Parcells' team. Who do you think Jerry "facelift" Jones will bring in?

Oops...senior momenr. I forgot about Jason Garrett. :lol:

Phillips is an awful head coach. He's onnly suceeded using the previous coach's players. Here he had Marv's guys, and in Dallas he had Parcells. And now that Jerry Jones seems intent on bringing in as many wackos as possible, it's only going to make things worse with Wade's easy going demeanor.

God it feels good to be back!

I may be in the minority, but, in my view, the biggest mistake the Bills have made (other than firing Bill Polian) was firing Wade.

You guys were probably the same guys who complained that he did not wear a headset.

I may be in the minority, but, in my view, the biggest mistake the Bills have made (other than firing Bill Polian) was firing Wade.

You guys were probably the same guys who complained that he did not wear a headset.

Hahaha Yes my thoughts exactly. I was a big fan of Wade with the Bills, and he only looks better considering the half-assed hires we've made since then.

Love the "Only winning cause it's Parcells' team" arguments. Speaking of a coach who can't win in the playoffs....That Cowboys team would've crumbled under Parcells last year...Fat Bill was already losing the T.O. battle, and he likely would've blown a gasket when the Jessica Simpson rumors popped up. After a hot start replacing Bledsoe, Romo struggled his 2nd half of the season in '06 when Parcells was the coach, and the Tuna wasn't exactly "nurturing" his young QB along.

You act like people are supposed to be accountable or something. Get w/ the program, Peter.

Oh please. Wade refused to play Flutie and stuck by RJ. I hated that. RJ was terrible. Blame Wade.

I hope this is sarcasm. It's now become pretty evident that it was Ralph who made the decision to go with RJ over Flutie.

As for Wade being in the hot seat in Dallas because of Garrett looking over his shoulder, note that it was the Cowboys' OFFENSE that melted down at the end of last season and cost them in the playoffs.

Oh please. Wade refused to play Flutie and stuck by RJ. I hated that. RJ was terrible. Blame Wade.

That was hardly Wade's call.

Our beloved owner is much more meddlesome than people think. :lol:

It's all he said she said. They all had a hand in it.

That's what you think.

Ask Turk Schonert sometime -- our QB coach today who was also QB coach under Wade. He'll tell you exactly what happened. :lol:

Wade had/has his teams well prepared and is a very good football man. He is mediocre on the sidelines though and has an excruciating ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in big playoff games.