Lynch's Statement

VOR

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This statement is basically a written form of showing-up to court in a suit. It's a public statement and it can't contain "Marshawn-speak." And as has been said, there's still a civil trial and he can't dwell on apologizing to the heavens because it could possibly affect the outcome.

His guilty plea has far more weight in the civil suit than any apology would. He could at least apologize to the team and the fans for creating this distraction and not mention the accident. He single handed ruined one of the most optimistic offseason we've had in a while. I was all excited about Poz coming back, McKelvin, Stroud, Mitchell, Edwards, and Hardy but this mess (and all the other sh-- going on in the NFL) has really cooled my excitement.

After thinking about if further, Lynch apologizing profusely would lead me to believe he was guilty of being drunk or knowing he hit her and leaving. By saying he was sorry he hit her and not dwelling on it, it's sayin "I didn't mean to hit you, sorry."

This statement is basically a written form of showing-up to court in a suit. It's a public statement and it can't contain "Marshawn-speak." And as has been said, there's still a civil trial and he can't dwell on apologizing to the heavens because it could possibly affect the outcome.

For the third time, I think the points in the statement are fine, if not great, and cover every legal angle. It would have been great if it came from Cafferty, or even "Marshawn and I". One could easily believe that Marshawn Lynch feels the sincere regret that is expressed in the statement. My problem was because of the way he communicates, the legalese written by Cafferty almost completely contradicts the purpose and intent of the letter. To apologize from the heart, and to say this is what happened to "me" that night. I'm not talking about ebonics. I'm talking about making the sentences and statement appear to come from Marshawn like he means it.

After thinking about if further, Lynch apologizing profusely would lead me to believe he was guilty of being drunk or knowing he hit her and leaving. By saying he was sorry he hit her and not dwelling on it, it's sayin "I didn't mean to hit you, sorry."

And if he announced he hit her, was glad he hit her, and will hit her again if he gets the opportunity, we can presume he was really at home watching reruns of The Waltons that night?

His guilty plea has far more weight in the civil suit than any apology would. He could at least apologize to the team and the fans for creating this distraction and not mention the accident. He single handed ruined one of the most optimistic offseason we've had in a while. I was all excited about Poz coming back, McKelvin, Stroud, Mitchell, Edwards, and Hardy but this mess (and all the other sh-- going on in the NFL) has really cooled my excitement.

We all know he was facing a civil trial regardless, because it was his car that struck and since it wasn't reported stolen, he's responsible for it. Since he admitted to being the driver but not knowing he hit her, it's a far different situation from knowing he hit her and/or being drunk and fleeing the scene. One is an accident, the other is criminal behavior and theoretically subject to greater compensation.

And if he announced he hit her, was glad he hit her, and will hit her again if he gets the opportunity, we can presume he was really at home watching reruns of The Waltons that night?

You've heard of the saying "methinks the lady doth protest too much," right?

I was able to procure a first draft as written by Marshawn (with some help from his mama, of course)....here it is:

"So me an my boy Steveie is leavin from a nite out on da strip an dis fat beyotch singin o Canada walks right into my ride, but hey, dats da way it go sometime, know what im sayin? Anyway, no fowl nor harm I always say. Back to beast mode. Peace out."

Seconded.

Thirded. The fact of the matter is we're all Bills fans for a reason and it isn't because we look up to Marshawn Lynch. The fact of the matter is come September it will be time to play football and I will root for all 53 men who wear the red, white, and blue. I'm hungry for a playoff spot and I'm optimistic because of the way the team has been built. And I'm sure most everyone else on the board feels the same way. Since I wasn't affected one way or the other by the incident I will let everything play out between the parties and I'll just get back to getting ready for some Buffalo Bills football in 2008.

Thirded. The fact of the matter is we're all Bills fans for a reason and it isn't because we look up to Marshawn Lynch. The fact of the matter is come September it will be time to play football and I will root for all 53 men who wear the red, white, and blue. I'm hungry for a playoff spot and I'm optimistic because of the way the team has been built. And I'm sure most everyone else on the board feels the same way. Since I wasn't affected one way or the other by the incident I will let everything play out between the parties and I'll just get back to getting ready for some Buffalo Bills football in 2008.

I will only be satisfied whent the Bills somehow build up my hopes and expectations, and then crush them with a miracle, impossible loss the nature of which I can't at this point begin to imagine.

For the third time, I think the points in the statement are fine, if not great, and cover every legal angle. It would have been great if it came from Cafferty, or even "Marshawn and I". One could easily believe that Marshawn Lynch feels the sincere regret that is expressed in the statement. My problem was because of the way he communicates, the legalese written by Cafferty almost completely contradicts the purpose and intent of the letter. To apologize from the heart, and to say this is what happened to "me" that night. I'm not talking about ebonics. I'm talking about making the sentences and statement appear to come from Marshawn like he means it.

It does say this at the top:

"Mr Lynch and his Attorney Michael P. Cafferty, after completing their investigation and after conferring at length with the District Attorney's Office, make the following statement:"

I think that clearly says "Marshawn and I".

That was heartwarming?

I guess we'll never know what really happened.

Not until the victim ever releases her statement. That'll prob happen during the civil trial or after a settlement is reached. The truth will be in the middle of both stories.

Then again, if there were witnesses who saw this whole incident, they should come forward immediately.

Not until the victim ever releases her statement. That'll prob happen during the civil trial or after a settlement is reached. The truth will be in the middle of both stories.

Then again, if there were witnesses who saw this whole incident, they should come forward immediately.

When the settlement happens there will probably be an non-disclosure agreement to keep her from releasing statements that would contradict Lynch's.

Exactly how I thought it would play out. All the major points were covered...

1. It was dark

2. It was raining

3. I had the music on

4. I didn't realize I hit anyone

The only thing that was left out by Lynch.......I mean his attorney, which I am surprised at was...

5. I was not drinking or I only had one drink over the course of 6 hours.

Not much else to say, he is a scumbag. :D

Exactly how I thought it would play out. All the major points were covered...

1. It was dark

2. It was raining

3. I had the music on

4. I didn't realize I hit anyone

The only thing that was left out by Lynch.......I mean his attorney, which I am surprised at was...

5. I was not drinking or I only had one drink over the course of 6 hours.

Not much else to say, he is a scumbag. :D

Bravo!

This is a great example of why the internet is great and awful all at the same time. Honestly, this incident was not that big of a deal, because the victim wasn't seriously injured. Those of you worried about PR hits to the Bills and Marshawn just don't get it. This is OVER. The NFL doesn't care now that it has been resolved, without criminal charges. Unless Marshawn gets himself into more trouble down the road, this incident won't amount to a hill of beans during his NFL career or future contract negotiations.

Time to move on. If you don't like Marshawn any more because you think he wasn't sincere, then don't ever read any statement put forth by anyone who has an attorney because they're all like that. Marshawn's a young guy who made a mistake, and he's paying his dues.