Vacation

mead107

Don't you know? Us americans know everything when traveling, we don't need some help from the locals, other than letting them know they should speak english, and finding out where the local McDonalds is when we get tired of their disgusting "cuisine".

Why? To commit suicide?

We always go to the 1000 Islands for the 4th. I grew up there and I always take a crew up to steal my parents boat for the weekend.

You can't beat it considering it's only 3.5 hours from Buffalo, and it's by far the best place to boat in the state, maybe even the country.

We always go to the 1000 Islands for the 4th. I grew up there and I always take a crew up to steal my parents boat for the weekend.

You can't beat it considering it's only 3.5 hours from Buffalo, and it's by far the best place to boat in the state, maybe even the country.

Love it up there. I'm a huge fan of the ADK's...I feel the whole area is VASTLY underrated, especially by people who live so close, like you said. I've got good friends in Albany who chuckle at the thought of a vacation to the ADK's, I don't understand it...

Love it up there. I'm a huge fan of the ADK's...I feel the whole area is VASTLY underrated, especially by people who live so close, like you said. I've got good friends in Albany who chuckle at the thought of a vacation to the ADK's, I don't understand it...

The Islands aren't part of the Adirondack's (they are in the St. Lawrence which is part of the seaway) but I agree - the ADK's are quite nice as well.

what do you mean?

Eden, New York (Eden Valley) is famous for the sweet corn that comes out of there... Have you ever been to the Eden Corn Festival (usually in early August)...??

CornFest

Other things too... My Great Aunt, Uncle, and father's cousin (my father's cousin would shoe horses, especially for BFLO RaceWay) lived there and raised horses... Even when they moved away (to AR)... I am pretty sure they would come back for alfalfa hay that was grown there.

What makes Eden special for you Olivier?

Eden, New York (Eden Valley) is famous for the sweet corn that comes out of there... Have you ever been to the Eden Corn Festival (usually in early August)...??

CornFest

Other things too... My Great Aunt, Uncle, and father's cousin (my father's cousin would shoe horses, especially for BFLO RaceWay) lived there and raised horses... Even when they moved away (to AR)... I am pretty sure they would come back for alfalfa hay that was grown there.

What makes Eden special for you Olivier?

I had forgotten about the corn festival... (thanks for the link, i see the Gannon family is still doing great!)

Why Eden?... Because it was 1993 i was 20 , the Bills were kicking ass, the girls were pretty, i had 3 months to do nothing but enjoy life, no boss, no money problems.... Eden NY was just Eden on Earth back then...

I had forgotten about the corn festival... (thanks for the link, i see the Gannon family is still doing great!)

Why Eden?... Because it was 1993 i was 20 , the Bills were kicking ass, the girls were pretty, i had 3 months to do nothing but enjoy life, no boss, no money problems.... Eden NY was just Eden on Earth back then...

The girls in Eden were pretty? Wow, that comment does not bode well for the French girls. Is it the lack of bathing and hairy underarm thing?

The girls in Eden were pretty? Wow, that comment does not bode well for the French girls. Is it the lack of bathing and hairy underarm thing?

well i did not say French girls were/are not pretty ... but i was in Eden, i was 20 , some of the girls there were pretty, and as a frenchman i confess they were probably more interested by me than most pretty french girls i knew back home! So that made Eden NY much more interesting!!

What?!!! A TBD regular visiting France not telling me , asking me for tips or anything ?!! The next who do that will be doomed for eternity!!

My bad Oliver, but i did think about pinging you. However, i was with not only my family with my two chuckleheads age 8 and 7, but my sister and her husband, with her 8 year old twins. No way I was getting out for beers for any extended period. Also, my brother in law grew up in ole Gay Paris, and he kinda wanted to be tour director. We renetd an apartment at 17 Av de la Bourdannais, lieterally a half block from the Eiffel Tower.

BuffaloBud, I highly recommend getting Rick Steves Paris book. The advise on the Museum Pass etc was great. Also Bud, first day we were there we did the Fat Tire bike tour, all of us loved that. Great way to get your bearings, work off the jet lag, and get the quick highlights tour. I might look into their bike tour at Versailles as well. We rented bikes there and spent two hrs touring the gardens on bikes, and that was cool as well.

My bad Oliver, but i did think about pinging you. However, i was with not only my family with my two chuckleheads age 8 and 7, but my sister and her husband, with her 8 year old twins. No way I was getting out for beers for any extended period. Also, my brother in law grew up in ole Gay Paris, and he kinda wanted to be tour director. We renetd an apartment at 17 Av de la Bourdannais, lieterally a half block from the Eiffel Tower.

BuffaloBud, I highly recommend getting Rick Steves Paris book. The advise on the Museum Pass etc was great. Also Bud, first day we were there we did the Fat Tire bike tour, all of us loved that. Great way to get your bearings, work off the jet lag, and get the quick highlights tour. I might look into their bike tour at Versailles as well. We rented bikes there and spent two hrs touring the gardens on bikes, and that was cool as well.

No problem!!

and contact me next time!

well i did not say French girls were/are not pretty ... but i was in Eden, i was 20 , some of the girls there were pretty, and as a frenchman i confess they were probably more interested by me than most pretty french girls i knew back home! So that made Eden NY much more interesting!!

Yeah, I guess to a 20 year old a knothole in a tree looks pretty.

Just got back from NY last night.

Drove to Tonawanda on the 18th (1100 miles from Alabama)

Drove to Hornell for the 19th to see some friends

Drove to Oxford on the 20th for a retirement ceremony

Drove back to Hornell to get the kids on the 21st and then to Ellicotville until the 22nd

Drove back to Tonawanda on the 22nd where we stayed to see family until yesterday.

MY key word is Drove! 4K miles on the wifes van in 10 days. My wallet hurts!!!

Thanks for the heads up - will look for it. We too are staying in an apartment in the St Germain area.