Autopsy Report:

The first guy in the comment section summed it up prefectly:

"I ain't reading all that sh-t.

Rating: 1 out of 5 stars "

But I did read it. Sounds like some of the posters on this board, I knew this would happen, and I knew that would happen. But actually, not a bad read overall.

I tried to force myself to read it, but my interest level in anything pats* just doesn't exist. I don't care one bit about anything that team does.

Normally I'd agree...but I'll make an exception for anything that has "Patriots" and "autopsy" in the title. :P

Great read. The writer is like a rich man's Anthony Bialy (from realfootball365). He uses the crazy analogies, but they are actually relative to the topic, funny, and sensical.

Aside from the comments and re-cap of the Super Bowl, he made some interesting hindsight points that I never really thought about before. He talked about how other teams did come close to beating the Patriots, but when they actually failed, their efforts seemed to be marginalized in the press. I remember thinking about how close the Ravens were while watching that game, but when I read the paper the next morning, it seemed like it was close, but nowhere near as lose as it really was.

...I saw exactly what I had been waiting for all year: Junior Seau, Mike Vrabel, and Tedi Bruschi with stick marks from the Giants’ offensive line in their ear holes and sucking wind like they just received a marathon butt!@#$ing.

:P:lol: :lol:

I just read a fun article. Thought it'd be fuel for discussion!

http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/reviews.cfm...d_patriots.html

Some wonderful quotes in there.

Astro

That my friend, was a work of art. I love the last line.

I cannot think of another one that has been more reviled league and nationwide than the Patriots. It’s not because they win; it’s how they win, and how they seemed to behave as world-beaters even though their margin of victory in championship games was smaller than Belichik’s dick.

Well written, quite a few gems, personally I liked the ending:

"Every team generally takes its cues from the head coach, and while Belechik has been very successful at winning games, he has also been very successful at alienating his franchise from everyone else in football. Looking back on all the other dynasties in pro football, I cannot think of another one that has been more reviled league and nationwide than the Patriots. It’s not because they win; it’s how they win, and how they seemed to behave as world-beaters even though their margin of victory in championship games was smaller than Belichik’s dick."

Great read, even if a bit wordy--he took the words right out of my mouth on some of it. In addition to being a general undressing of the Pats* and their fans last season, it also gave me a bit more hope on our chances against the Evil Empire this year as well. If you look at their roster, they are O-L-D at a number of positions, notably LB, safety and, more interestingly, increasingly old at some other spots, like OL and QB and WR (i.e., Randy Moss). At those last three spots, they have about a 2 year window (maybe 3) for Brady, before they'll have to consider replacements. This team ain't so young anymore in general, and if they keep drafting like they did in 2007 (Meriweather a disappointment and I'm not sure if any of their other 7-8 picks even made the team), they will be passing the Jets and perhaps Fins (much less us) in the opposite direction in a few years time, which may be part of the reason that Big Bob is one of the owners who I strongly suspect wants to get rid of the cap, so that should that draft suckiness occur, they can always try to buy another ring.....