Who has Amy Winehouse in a death pool?

Just Jack

This could be the year....

Exlusive: Amy Winehouse has emphysema and could be in wheelchair

By Louise Ford 22/06/2008

Frail Amy Winehouse has been struck down by the deadly lung condition emphysema - and she could be in a wheelchair within a MONTH if she doesn't stop smoking crack cocaine, her dad revealed last night.

Doctors have also told the star, 24 - rushed to hospital after having a fit this week - that she will need a permanent oxygen mask to survive unless she takes their advice.

In an emotional interview, her devastated father Mitch told the Sunday Mirror how watching his daughter deteriorate reminded him of his own 78-year-old mother struggling for breath on an aspirator before she died of lung cancer.

Worried dad Mitch said: "To think this could be my beautiful 24-year-old daughter's life is preposterous. But if drugs mean more to her than breathing properly, then so be it. But the doctors have told her if she goes back to smoking drugs it won't just ruin her voice, it will kill her. It's been a tough week."

she's got so much talent, i hope she can get straight

This could be the year....

Exlusive: Amy Winehouse has emphysema and could be in wheelchair

By Louise Ford 22/06/2008

Frail Amy Winehouse has been struck down by the deadly lung condition emphysema - and she could be in a wheelchair within a MONTH if she doesn't stop smoking crack cocaine, her dad revealed last night.

Doctors have also told the star, 24 - rushed to hospital after having a fit this week - that she will need a permanent oxygen mask to survive unless she takes their advice.

In an emotional interview, her devastated father Mitch told the Sunday Mirror how watching his daughter deteriorate reminded him of his own 78-year-old mother struggling for breath on an aspirator before she died of lung cancer.

Worried dad Mitch said: "To think this could be my beautiful 24-year-old daughter's life is preposterous. But if drugs mean more to her than breathing properly, then so be it. But the doctors have told her if she goes back to smoking drugs it won't just ruin her voice, it will kill her. It's been a tough week."

this and others show just how addictive drugs can be, people like daryl strawberry, et al, who have the world at their feet and all the talent in the world, cannot shake something that will lead to thier demise....unreal

So sad. Most people are their own worst enemys

i personally think she is very talented, a real nice "crooner"(?) if that is the right description, rehab is not the best representation of her talent, but still it shows some....give her a listen on youtube or something

Is she talented?

I am serious. I don't listen to modern music, classic rock is for me. All I have ever heard of her's was that Rehab song.

i personally think she is very talented, a real nice "crooner"(?) if that is the right description, rehab is not the best representation of her talent, but still it shows some....give her a listen on youtube or something

Listen to "you know I'm no good" .... she sounds like Billie Holiday. "Back to Black" is a great sound for her too. These 2 songs stand far above anything else I've heard from her. It's a shame.

Worried dad Mitch said: "To think this could be my beautiful 24-year-old daughter's life is preposterous. But if drugs mean more to her than breathing properly, then so be it. But the doctors have told her if she goes back to smoking drugs it won't just ruin her voice, it will kill her. It's been a tough week."[/i]

She deserves no sympathy, her family on the other hand must be so frustrated and disgusted with her.

http://wowee.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/amy_teefs.jpg

I give it 3 months.

Listen to "you know I'm no good" .... she sounds like Billie Holiday. "Back to Black" is a great sound for her too. These 2 songs stand far above anything else I've heard from her. It's a shame.

I agree with you regarding "You Know I'm No Good". I was blown away the first time I heard that song.

Her actions show a self-destructive personality, despite all her talent.

I think Sade Adu has a more soulfull voice.

If she gets herself clean, as of this morning, and stays clean, she can live a long life. She's young enough to live through this health scare. Unfortunately, she's an addict, and if she goes back, it will kill her quickly.

I think Winehouse is pretty talented. If you like her, and that style, done by contempory people, check out Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, as well as the Detroit Cobras. This stuff kicks ass...the Cobras are a little rougher, but the lead singer (Rachel Nagy) is amazing. Unfortunately for her, she shares Amy's taste for things that are not good for her...

If she gets herself clean, as of this morning, and stays clean, she can live a long life. She's young enough to live through this health scare. Unfortunately, she's an addict, and if she goes back, it will kill her quickly.

FYI, there is no cure for emphysema. If she does everything right from here on out, she'd still be lucky to ever reach age 50.

FYI, there is no cure for emphysema. If she does everything right from here on out, she'd still be lucky to ever reach age 50.

I am aware that there is no cure for emphysema. I was stating that a 20 something year old body that has suffered years of abuse has a better chance to compensate than does a 60 year old body suffering from decades of abuse.

I think Winehouse is pretty talented. If you like her, and that style, done by contempory people, check out Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, as well as the Detroit Cobras. This stuff kicks ass...the Cobras are a little rougher, but the lead singer (Rachel Nagy) is amazing. Unfortunately for her, she shares Amy's taste for things that are not good for her...

I think the dap kings actually backed up Winehouse on one of her records. Sort like how Atlantic sent folks over to stax to get the booker T & mgs sound.

Get well Amy! I hope she cleans herself up. That said- I would think it might be fun to be locked up in a room with Amy and some party favors. JK sort of. She has a nice family that cares very much about her. Get your sh-- together Amy! And I do think she is very talented