Steve Tasker is an officially OFF my list

stevestojan

The biggest criticism I have of Tasker was how he wouldn't let go of the fact that the Bills cut Morris, their special teams captain.

First, NFL teams cut 3rd string RBs who can't stay healthy all the time.

Second, Morris was the special teams captain, but the Bills special teams have played well enough this year to prove that Morris isn't missed. In fact, they were able to shut down Tasker's "new favorite player," on all kick and punt returns without Morris.

By mentioning either of those two things, he wouldn't have made the Bills sound like total idiots for cutting "one of their captains."

Giving both sides of the issue doesn't equate to homerism, it's good broadcasting.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts exactly.

74303[/snapback]

Right. That's EXACTLY what I'm saying. I don't want him to kiss the Bills asses, but he is trying so hard NOT to do that, that he is unfairly criticising them.

I mean, no commentator has ever been so rough on them.

Tasker ABSOLUITELY bends over backwards to try not to appear as a homer. There is no question about it, and yes it is annoying.

Unfortunately, when I switch to the Field Pass audio it is consistently about 1.5 plays behind Sunday Ticket so that doesn't work either. Still, it's hard to complain when we win.

Listen, I for one do not like when ex-players show favoritism when announcing an game for their old team. But tasker has taken the goal of not sounding like a homer and RUN with it. I swear, you'd think the guy doesnt remember playing here, or the TV show he had here, or the hundreds of thousands of fans he had here. What an absoulte douchebag he sounds like on TV.

If you asked an impartial Jury of fans and/or non fans to watch a Bills game with him announcing, 99% of them would assume that he was either a huge rival of the Bills when he played, or that he was just a huge fan of the OTHER team.

I hope someone brings it to his attention that its OK to at least say one or two positive things without fearing being called a Homer. Man, that's the last time I will be able to watch a game with him in the booth without turning it on MUTE.

Steve, you were one of my favorite Bills of all time -  quit being such a prick in the booth.

74061[/snapback]

Oh boy Steve....you are going to catch flack on this one especially from 89....

I look at it like this.....Tasker was, is, and always will be a Buffalo Bill at heart.....what you see as anti homorism I see as genuine irritation at how far his team has fallen......

It irritates me as well......but its because Steve Tasker cares

I admit I hit the MUTE button and tuned in on the radio. I got the homer voices with the TV feed--perfect. BTW, Van Pelt has become the best color man I have ever heard, with strategy, critiques after the play, and other insightful commentary.

74108[/snapback]

How do you get the sirius feed to sync up with the sunday ticket video feed? It's usually a play behind

Listen, I for one do not like when ex-players show favoritism when announcing an game for their old team. But tasker has taken the goal of not sounding like a homer and RUN with it. I swear, you'd think the guy doesnt remember playing here, or the TV show he had here, or the hundreds of thousands of fans he had here. What an absoulte douchebag he sounds like on TV.

If you asked an impartial Jury of fans and/or non fans to watch a Bills game with him announcing, 99% of them would assume that he was either a huge rival of the Bills when he played, or that he was just a huge fan of the OTHER team.

I hope someone brings it to his attention that its OK to at least say one or two positive things without fearing being called a Homer. Man, that's the last time I will be able to watch a game with him in the booth without turning it on MUTE.

Steve, you were one of my favorite Bills of all time -  quit being such a prick in the booth.

74061[/snapback]

Funny, I thought he was leaning towards homerous.

This was Miami. The Bills did nothing different in this game than they've done all along in terms of scoring. The reason why the result was a W was because this game was against Miami and for no other reason.

The reason why the result was a W was because this game was against Miami and for no other reason.

74362[/snapback]

Wrong. The reason why the result was a W was because we finally stopped shooting ourselves in the foot whenever we had a good drive going...against an oustanding defense. You only have to look at the final drive to realize this. We killed six minutes and kept getting first downs, kill the clock and keep their offense off the field, and we were able to do this because we limited the stupid penalties that always stopped drives like that in the past.

Wrong. The reason why the result was a W was because we finally stopped shooting ourselves in the foot whenever we had a good drive going...against an oustanding defense. You only have to look at the final drive to realize this. We killed six minutes and kept getting first downs, kill the clock and keep their offense off the field, and we were able to do this because we limited the stupid penalties that always stopped drives like that in the past.

74375[/snapback]

Think what you want. But teams have been running all over Miami this season. We put up 13 points, same as in all the other games about. Few other teams wouldn't have put up only 10 points in the first half the way we played. Morris has nearly 100 yards. Can you imagine what Jamal Lewis would have done in the first half? Or Dillon, Martin, Barlow, Alexander, Suggs/Green, Staley, Faulk, or even Johnson?

Spare me. We were able to have the final drive simply because Miami stinks.

When I lodged a complaint to him about the broadcasters being antiBills(this was when Steve was playing and had a weekly Bills show) he told me that the fans are TOO SENSITIVE to negativity aimed toward their teams.  I will listen to the game WED night. I do not think Steve is the greastest broadcaster but I don't think he is that BAD either.

74179[/snapback]

i agree. honestly, i have no idea what the problem is with tasker.

I have to agree with the Tasker sucking as a colour man comments. Every Bills game he does, he rips Buffalo. It's bad enough that I have to sit through the Bills finding ways to lose every week, but to hear the colour guy, who's an ex Bill, continously remind me that they are sucking, really sucks.

Another note, Collingsworth is the worst announcer on earth. I'd rather listen to that spanish guy scream goooalllllllll for 10 hours straight than listen to Chris sputter out mumbo jumbo while Troy "Mush for brains" Aikmen sucks on his twig and berries.

Another note, Collingsworth is the worst announcer on earth. I'd rather listen to that spanish guy scream goooalllllllll for 10 hours straight than listen to Chris sputter out mumbo jumbo while Troy "Mush for brains" Aikmen sucks on his twig and berries.

74537[/snapback]

agree....and that spanish guy is seriously annoying.

74061[/snapback]

Thank you. Steve Tasker was unlistenable. Before I even knew who it was announncing this game, I had to mute my TV because the boob would not shut up for one second. Everything this person was saying was suspect to say the least. I felt who ever this guy was, he knew very little about football. I was shocked to hear it was Steve Tasker! I also thought he sounded like he hates the Bills. Hey little Stevie, try learning about offenses and defenses and the rules of the game before you try becoming a national announcer. What an idiot. I'm sure his days are numbered, they could find better announcers at a carnival side show.

Guest bflobart81

A quick question:

If you put on the radio and watch the tv, isn't there a 2 second delay or something? Maybe this is just how it comes through on my digital cable. Any comments?

I admit I hit the MUTE button and tuned in on the radio. I got the homer voices with the TV feed--perfect. BTW, Van Pelt has become the best color man I have ever heard, with strategy, critiques after the play, and other insightful commentary.

74108[/snapback]

I agree this guy is very good at what he does. It wouldn't surprise me to see him move up the ladder in 3 to 4 years time elsewhere.

He was very enthusiastic providing commentary the first 3 weeks but lately has toned it down some. I guess seeing your old ball club lose like they have, makes you lose that smile more and more each week.

Well said.

I don't get the whole Collinsworth thing. This guy has been a pompous windbag since his days at NBC. He's been awful since day one and has not improved. Why he remains employed is beyond me.

74200[/snapback]

Boy, I think Collinsworth is one of the best. He is not afraid to have a controversial opinion, stands by it, but is also not afraid to admitt when he was wrong. I think sometimes we (myself included) expect too much from these guys. A great game is a great game. No play by play or color announcer can ruin it for me......I prefer them to be interesting. I don't care if I don't always agree with them. Bill Walton sucks, but the rest, who cares.... :lol:

Tasker was one of the best! I could care less if he is a mediocre color analyst....