US Open

Wacka

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He said no one watches hockey. That isn't the truth. He could have been like "Oh I don't really care, I'm more of a baseball guy" or something. Instead, he went out of his way to act like no one in the world watches hockey, which isn't true at all. It was an unnecessary pot shot.

Geez...a black guy who grew up in California doesn't think much of hockey. Shock.

Do you always wish for people to fail who don't think exactly the way you do? Thanks for post, Mein Fuhrer.

Yeah, that's what I said. :wallbash: I don't care that he doesn't like hockey. I care that he went out of his way to bash it.

Yeah, that's what I said. :wallbash: I don't care that he doesn't like hockey. I care that he went out of his way to bash it.

Went out of his way? Didn't somebody ask him about it?

Anyway, I guess you sure hated the finish yesterday. :wallbash:

Unbelievable. I watched golf for the first time ever yesterday to spend time with my dad, and I was actually riveted. I do feel bad for Rocco, part of me was pulling for him. And his reaction when Tiger hit that birdie was like, "dude, I'm done." I'm hoping Rocco can hang for 18 today, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is over early.

Unbelievable. I watched golf for the first time ever yesterday to spend time with my dad, and I was actually riveted. I do feel bad for Rocco, part of me was pulling for him. And his reaction when Tiger hit that birdie was like, "dude, I'm done." I'm hoping Rocco can hang for 18 today, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is over early.

It will definitely be tough for him...Just playing within the Tiger Circus is intimidating enough, but even more so when Rocco is hitting his drives 265 yds and Tiger is pounding them 320. Hell, Tiger can hit his 3-wood 290....

It will definitely be tough for him...Just playing within the Tiger Circus is intimidating enough, but even more so when Rocco is hitting his drives 265 yds and Tiger is pounding them 320. Hell, Tiger can hit his 3-wood 290....

What you can't? I thought everyone could.

Count me in the camp who believed Rocco would be done yesterday. He played unbelievably well under the circumstances -- the only guy among the top 3 to shoot par. He has a great attitude about it as well.

A lot of folks believe it's a foregone conclusion Tiger wins going away today, but let's not forget about the knee as well. This will be the 5th consecutive day of playing, and he hasn't exactly been Mr. Consistency out there.

I will be genuinely happy for whichever guy takes home the trophy -- Tiger because he's, well, Tiger, and has provided so much incredible drama during this tournament, and Rocco because this is probably his last shot at a major and he's such a likable guy. He has also played his ass off.

The guy I felt badly for was Westwood. He really hung in there and battled to the very end -- I think he's the only guy all week who didn't make worse than a bogey on any hole.

Getting the DVR set up to tape today's events...can't wait.

Why are they playing 18 holes today? Why didn't they play a sudden death hole yesterday when everyone could watch it? Why are there different rules for different tournaments?

USGA rules for this tournament. It's different than most others...

Why are they playing 18 holes today? Why didn't they play a sudden death hole yesterday when everyone could watch it? Why are there different rules for different tournaments?

Different rules are due to the different organizations that run the tournaments.

The USGA runs the Open, so they make the rules.

Before 1926, the golfer played 36 holes on 2 days.

In 1927, they played 18, 18 then 36 on day three.

then in 1965, they started playing 18 over 4 days.

The 18 hole playoff has always been the practice.

Personally, I like the British Open playoff ..4 holes aggregrate score.

Different rules are due to the different organizations that run the tournaments.

The USGA runs the Open, so they make the rules.

Before 1926, the golfer played 36 holes on 2 days.

In 1927, they played 18, 18 then 36 on day three.

then in 1965, they started playing 18 over 4 days.

The 18 hole playoff has always been the practice.

Personally, I like the British Open playoff ..4 holes aggregrate score.

I'm with you -- that is a GREAT format. Takes away the "fluke" factor of a sudden death playoff, yet gets the tournament over on the same day.