Wilson, Brandon and three players being supoenaed

theesir

Just so you guys know, this isnt a huge deal outside of buffalo. Its not like the NFL is nervously biting their nails over whats happening. The big sports outlets have run an article or 2 on the situation. But the buffalo snooze is the only paper running daily articles crucifying Lynch.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you guys know, this isnt a huge deal outside of buffalo. Its not like the NFL is nervously biting their nails over whats happening. The big sports outlets have run an article or 2 on the situation. But the buffalo snooze is the only paper running daily articles crucifying Lynch.

Very true, all of my friends out here are huge football fans and not one of them had heard about the incident until I told them about it a week and a half after it happened. I would say this is a good thing because the less publicity this thing receives the less Goodell will feel inclined to do somethinga about it.

Very true, all of my friends out here are huge football fans and not one of them had heard about the incident until I told them about it a week and a half after it happened. I would say this is a good thing because the less publicity this thing receives the less Goodell will feel inclined to do somethinga about it.

Last week, Adam Schefter said that the commish's office was sitting on the sidelines until this was worked out by the law. Then he will decide what, if any, action to take.

I'd say that qualifies as "mean-spirited", Mickey. Poster keepthefaith was just engaging in the conversation...

BTW, why did you change your stage name here? :rolleyes:

Just to go with the new avatar, thought I could just change back in a few days, didn't know you could only do that once every 6 months or so. Whatsamatter, you prefer the avatar of my dog over Gemma Ward?

It is easy when you consider how much damage this has done to Marshawn Lynch's reputation not to mention the huge distraction this has caused for the whole Buffalo Bills organization. :censored:

Marshawn Lynch's lawyer needs to be canned in my opinion because this should not have been dragged out. I'm also losing more and more respect for what used to be one of my favorite players with every day that passes :rolleyes:

Added: without knowing all the facts though you are right, its unfair for any of us including myself to pass any kind of judgement on anyone at this point.

Where as the hit and run itself does not set well with me, what if this lady was negligent in some way? Maybe she was drunk and staggered into the path of the oncomming van, maybe she tried to punch the side of his van, maybe she is looking for an accident to collect $$$$, maybe Marshawn didn't realize he even hit anyone. :wacko:

I hope I will feel a little differently then I do now when all the facts come out. Marshawn Lynch seems to be a genuine, big hearted fella and I hope he has a good reason for the way this was all handled for everyones sake. :unsure:

What exactly could he have done to avoid "dragging it out" (all of what now, 2 weeks?, I've seen longer hearings)? How would Lynch's rep have fared if the DA charged him with a felony after he ignored his atty and talked with no deal on the table? Not knowing the facts and reaching a conclusion anyway is, respectfully, not exactly fair. Again, the assumption seems to be that A) he is guilty and B) the nicey nice DA wants to help poor Marshawn out if only his meany atty would get out of the way. What if the DA were out to nail Lynch, for the notoriety of it, and far beyond what the facts would warrant? Would you still begrudge Lynch the right to stick up for himself?

My point (which you keep missing) is simply this. Had Lynch handled this with some class and integrity, he would at least given himself a chance that the league, the victim, the DA and the court of public opinion would go easier on him. IMO, he's guaranteed himself the highest possible price that could be paid for this will be paid. This was an accident. Let the insurance companies solve the victim's issues, pay the fine for leaving the scene, aplogize publically and show the commissioner that you are remorseful for what happened. Handle this with some decency rather than like that of a criminal. Too late for a lot of this now.

The answer to your question above is simple, the DA isn't going to offer a "deal" before he knows who to charge for what.

That is the way it is done.

Atty: "My client will talk if you will let him plead to "X", a violation, no jail time."

DA: "Okay, but only if he tells the truth and only if he wasn't drunk."

Atty: "Deal."

Simple. I have seen it done. I have negotiated these same deals. If you give them the info first, with no commitment, they can back out and you are screwed, having just given away your only bargaining chip.

An apology is admissible as proof in the civil case. He might as well just say, "And to the victims attorneys, merry christmas, "I'm sorry".

I guess we just differ, I don't think refusing to help the DA put you in jail is "acting like a criminal" nor do I think decency demands that you volunteer to become the victim's winning lottery ticket. As for insurance companies, they will hire him an atty to defend the case, the same thing that you deplore happening now. This isn't a 5 year old who broke a window with a baseball. This is a guy with a big target painted on his back for anyone looking to score some fame or $. Believe me, the victim won't care about decency when she is asking a jury for $$$$$$$ for 7 lousy stitches.

Does this diminish the right or wrong done here ? Not really, if I kick the living sh-- out of you and the national news does not pick up the story does that make me innocent in your eyes ?

That is the way it is done.

Atty: "My client will talk if you will let him plead to "X", a violation, no jail time."

DA: "Okay, but only if he tells the truth and only if he wasn't drunk."

Atty: "Deal."

Simple. I have seen it done. I have negotiated these same deals. If you give them the info first, with no commitment, they can back out and you are screwed, having just given away your only bargaining chip.

An apology is admissible as proof in the civil case. He might as well just say, "And to the victims attorneys, merry christmas, "I'm sorry".

I guess we just differ, I don't think refusing to help the DA put you in jail is "acting like a criminal" nor do I think decency demands that you volunteer to become the victim's winning lottery ticket. As for insurance companies, they will hire him an atty to defend the case, the same thing that you deplore happening now. This isn't a 5 year old who broke a window with a baseball. This is a guy with a big target painted on his back for anyone looking to score some fame or $. Believe me, the victim won't care about decency when she is asking a jury for $$$$$$$ for 7 lousy stitches.

Your lack of compassion for the victim is really shocking. Karma has a way of coming around full circle you know. Ask yourself, if you got run over by a car what would you do ? You probably would want your bills paid and salary replaced for time off work for doctor visits, treatments, recovery, etc.,

How much is enough ? I don't know? But don't belittle someone for seeking damages.

Just to go with the new avatar, thought I could just change back in a few days, didn't know you could only do that once every 6 months or so. Whatsamatter, you prefer the avatar of my dog over Gemma Ward?

Well...no. I don't know who Gemma Ward is - but she seems to be a pretty lass. But your dog was a familiar icon. :censored:

Are you sure you can't change the avatar within 6 months? :rolleyes:

Your lack of compassion for the victim is really shocking. Karma has a way of coming around full circle you know. Ask yourself, if you got run over by a car what would you do ? You probably would want your bills paid and salary replaced for time off work for doctor visits, treatments, recovery, etc.,

How much is enough ? I don't know? But don't belittle someone for seeking damages.

:blink: Absolutely priceless.

A poster who has said that everyone in texas deserves to die lecturing someone else about karma.

Guest dog14787
What exactly could he have done to avoid "dragging it out" (all of what now, 2 weeks?, I've seen longer hearings)? How would Lynch's rep have fared if the DA charged him with a felony after he ignored his atty and talked with no deal on the table? Not knowing the facts and reaching a conclusion anyway is, respectfully, not exactly fair. Again, the assumption seems to be that A) he is guilty and B) the nicey nice DA wants to help poor Marshawn out if only his meany atty would get out of the way. What if the DA were out to nail Lynch, for the notoriety of it, and far beyond what the facts would warrant? Would you still begrudge Lynch the right to stick up for himself?

Sometimes to shield and protect others ( Buffalo Bills organization ) you do whats moraly right. Marshawn Lynch should never have driven away to begin with, so he needs to man up.

With all due respect, don't you think by not readily admitting your wrong doing in a timely fashion and showing remorse, inaction may have played an important role in how the injured party proceeded?

I do. :devil: