Police will attempt to question Lynch and at least 3

according to the Buffalo News.

Lynch

Including:

But some police officers in Buffalo and Hamburg are not surprised to hear that Lynch is having legal difficulties.

Lynch was tossed out of two Chippewa Street bars in recent months because he brought in his own bottle of liquor, which is illegal under state alcohol laws, according to three law enforcement officials.

“[buffalo police] have been told by bar owners that he’ll walk in, order a glass of pop and pour his own liquor into it,” one officer said. “He was told that you can’t do that, and it doesn’t matter if you’re Marshawn Lynch.”

Law enforcement officials in the Southtowns said Lynch attended a meeting several months ago with three high-ranking members of the Town of Hamburg police. At least one member of Lynch’s family and a Bills security official also attended.

The meeting was arranged after Lynch complained that police were being tough on him and his family, said a police official who works closely with that department.

“From what I understand, it was a case of ‘Let’s clear the air here,’ ” the source said. “They thought the police were picking on them.”

Town police impounded a vehicle that Lynch had been using and lent to a relative. Authorities said the vehicle was impounded after that relative was arrested for violating a vehicle and traffic law.

After the impoundment, Lynch went to Police Headquarters to reclaim the vehicle, but police wouldn’t give it to him, because it actually belonged to a local car dealer.

Lynch had a disagreement with some police personnel over the release of the vehicle, apparently prompting the clear-the-air meeting, sources said.

In addition, Orchard Park police investigated one minor incident, last Dec. 13, near the end of the Bills’ season. A vehicle apparently driven by Lynch struck a pole outside Ralph Wilson Stadium. Police responded, but no charges were filed, according to Orchard Park police records.

Town of Hamburg police have dealt with Lynch and his family on mostly minor matters, usually involving vehicle and traffic laws.

That is why one law enforcement official was not surprised to hear about the latest incident involving Lynch’s vehicle.

“God, no, I wasn’t surprised at all,” the source said. “It follows a pattern. It’s the kind of stuff he’s been doing. He’s just so cavalier about everything. That was always my impression.”

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynch

Including:

Lynch was tossed out of two Chippewa Street bars in recent months because he brought in his own bottle of liquor, which is illegal under state alcohol laws, according to three law enforcement officials.

“[buffalo police] have been told by bar owners that he’ll walk in, order a glass of pop and pour his own liquor into it,” one officer said. “He was told that you can’t do that, and it doesn’t matter if you’re Marshawn Lynch.”

That is absolutely hilarious. I used to do that at the bars in Rochester when I was in college because I was so broke. Now I love going back to western ny because the bars are so cheap compared to the NYC area. I can't believe that a guy with a multimillion dollar signing bonus would do this, but when I read that I almost fell out of my chair.

Mamma said to save every penny! Free booze is still cheaper than any booze in the NYC area! :lol:

I laughed at this too. I consider this a holdover from his upbringing. Remember that he did grow up dirt poor and money is new to him. Maybe he's the kind of person that squirrels away all he can for fear he might lose it all again.

Mamma said to save every penny! Free booze is still cheaper than any booze in the NYC area! :w00t:

I laughed at this too. I consider this a holdover from his upbringing. Remember that he did grow up dirt poor and money is new to him. Maybe he's the kind of person that squirrels away all he can for fear he might lose it all again.

Yeah - he must have had savings on the brain when he bought his 500k condo and Porsche SUV. :lol:

Lynch

Including:

But some police officers in Buffalo and Hamburg are not surprised to hear that Lynch is having legal difficulties.

Law enforcement officials in the Southtowns said Lynch attended a meeting several months ago with three high-ranking members of the Town of Hamburg police. At least one member of Lynch’s family and a Bills security official also attended.

The meeting was arranged after Lynch complained that police were being tough on him and his family, said a police official who works closely with that department.

“From what I understand, it was a case of ‘Let’s clear the air here,’ ” the source said. “They thought the police were picking on them.”

Town police impounded a vehicle that Lynch had been using and lent to a relative. Authorities said the vehicle was impounded after that relative was arrested for violating a vehicle and traffic law.

After the impoundment, Lynch went to Police Headquarters to reclaim the vehicle, but police wouldn’t give it to him, because it actually belonged to a local car dealer.

Lynch had a disagreement with some police personnel over the release of the vehicle, apparently prompting the clear-the-air meeting, sources said.

In addition, Orchard Park police investigated one minor incident, last Dec. 13, near the end of the Bills’ season. A vehicle apparently driven by Lynch struck a pole outside Ralph Wilson Stadium. Police responded, but no charges were filed, according to Orchard Park police records.

Town of Hamburg police have dealt with Lynch and his family on mostly minor matters, usually involving vehicle and traffic laws.

That is why one law enforcement official was not surprised to hear about the latest incident involving Lynch’s vehicle.

“God, no, I wasn’t surprised at all,” the source said. “It follows a pattern. It’s the kind of stuff he’s been doing. He’s just so cavalier about everything. That was always my impression.”

Responsible reporting at its finest...

It's pretty obvious in the court of public opinion, this article is trying to get you to find Marshawn guilty with no charge.

1) He gets traffic tickets -> he's a reckless driver (even though there is no mention of what the fines and tickets were for i.e. speeding? parking in a no-parking zone, no left turn signal?)

2) He brings his own liquor to bars and gets tossed out for it -> he's cheap and a troublemaker

3) The "source" and his/her comment about his "cavalier" attitude -> paints him as so non-chalant about criminal activity like traffic violations that OF COURSE you could see him hitting someone and driving away from the scene...

And you wonder why people hate the media.

Yeah - he must have had savings on the brain when he bought his 500k condo and Porsche SUV. :lol:

Actually, for a millionaire i would consider a 500k condo pretty modest. Also, It's one thing when you look at your finances, and set aside a certain amount of money for major purchases. It's another when you're buying drinks, meals, etc., sometimes if you think stuff is overpriced you just don't want to pay out of principle. Now, a mature adult would just go somewhere else or not go out at all. A 22 year old will sneak a bottle of liquor in. He'll grow out of it.

Ahhh....yes..but those are physical items that have value. Marshawn sneaking in booze reminds me of a friend of mine who's a millionaire. Buys himself all the fancy toys he can, the nicest car, home, etc. But you know how he got rich, by being the cheapest SOB when it came to spending money on things like eating out, buying a round, buying a birthday present for friends, never taking vacations, never chipping in for things etc. His attitude was that why waste money on things you can get much cheaper (like booze and food) or get no "return" on when you can use it to buy nice things for yourself

My guess with the liquor thing is that he has a very expensive bottle of liquor that the bars don't sell. I doubt he's sneaking in Bankers club vodka, probably more like an expensive aged Courvoisier or Hennessy.

I could be completely wrong here, but I think that explanation makes more sense.

Lynch

Including:

Why did you leave out the first sentence of this section? The one that says:

"Police told The Buffalo News that Lynch has no arrest record in New York State and has a clean driving record in the state."

Ahhh....yes..but those are physical items that have value. Marshawn sneaking in booze reminds me of a friend of mine who's a millionaire. Buys himself all the fancy toys he can, the nicest car, home, etc. But you know how he got rich, by being the cheapest SOB when it came to spending money on things like eating out, buying a round, buying a birthday present for friends, never taking vacations, never chipping in for things etc. His attitude was that why waste money on things you can get much cheaper (like booze and food) when you can use it to buy nice things for yourself

Sounds like a real loser.

Actually, for a millionaire i would consider a 500k condo pretty modest. Also, It's one thing when you look at your finances, and set aside a certain amount of money for major purchases. It's another when you're buying drinks, meals, etc., sometimes if you think stuff is overpriced you just don't want to pay out of principle. Now, a mature adult would just go somewhere else or not go out at all. A 22 year old will sneak a bottle of liquor in. He'll grow out of it.

When you "think stuff is overpriced", in this case booze, you might sneak a bottle of booze in a bar. You'd order a pepsi or whatever and then inconspicuously poor some of the booze into the drink. But when you blatantly carry in a bottle of booze and poor it into a mixer in full view of everyone, that's believing that you are above the rules. That is a "my sh-- don't stink, look at me" statement right there. There's a big difference and I do hope he "grows out" of that arrogant @sshole attitude....

Sounds like a real loser.

We don't blame him really. He had a tough upbringing too, parents split when he was an infant and he grew up dirt poor. We shrug it off because he may be cheap but he's still a nice guy and we respect that he made himself something instead of playing the "my life was sh-- and it's everyone's fault but mine so I'm excused to be a failure" card.

When you "think stuff is overpriced", in this case booze, you might sneak a bottle of booze in a bar. You'd order a pepsi or whatever and then inconspicuously poor some of the booze into the drink. But when you blatantly carry in a bottle of booze and poor it into a mixer in full view of everyone, that's believing that you are above the rules. That is a "my sh-- don't stink, look at me" statement right there. There's a big difference and I do hope he "grows out" of that arrogant @sshole attitude....

How do you know he blatently did this? The article doesn't say anything about how he did it.

He could have been very inconspicuous and could think that his sh*t smells like sh*t, too.

How do you know he didn't get caught while inconspicuously pouring some booze into his drink? Can we tell from the article whether it was your first scenario or second? I can't...

Assumption again. The article doesn't mention Marshawn flaunting the bottle around nor does it say anything about him just walking thru the front door waving it around. If we're assuming, why can't we assume he snuck it in his shoe and got caught when they saw him pouring it under the table into his Pepsi?

We don't even know what the liquor was either. What if it was Crystal or a 80 year old scotch he wanted to celebrate with?

Assumptions can go both ways.

We don't know that that's the case, he might have been trying to be sneaky with it, but its kind of hard when you're the starting running back for the local nfl team. If he wasn't being at least a little sneaky he wouldn't be able to get in the bar with the bottle long enough to order the pepsi.

I was being snarky about the car and condo. Everyone needs a car and a house, and I don't blame him for buying either.

Having been a bartender for 5 years, I can tell you that almost any bar will order a special bottle of anything (inlcuding things like Louis XIV) if customers request it, so I don't buy that explanation at all (kind of responding to the other post). Plus, it would appear he was told several times it was illegal so it would appear that he is indeed being cavalier in his actions.

Not really unique for a 22 year old, but he probably should realize the impact this type of behavior can have on his organization.

Will he grow out of it? I hope so. I want to like him, as he seems like a nice guy. But the picture that is being painted as facts come out is that while he is a nice guy, he's kinda stupid too. (Oh wait he is from Cali - "styoopid" :lol: )