BEST week to be working from home

Was wondering where the fug ya were!

Made it home in time to watch my boys in orange stomp those frogs!

4-1 against France, 3-0 against Italy... looks like Netherlands is the team to beat.

you think they rest in their game with Romania? that would make things interesting if they handed one to the Romanians.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made it home in time to watch my boys in orange stomp those frogs!

4-1 against France, 3-0 against Italy... looks like Netherlands is the team to beat.

you think they rest in their game with Romania? that would make things interesting if they handed one to the Romanians.

The Dutch were sharp as hell yesterday. I missed the game against Italy, but they really impressed me against France. Not to keep bringing up the US team, but one of my criticisms of them has been their tendency to clump up like a pee wee team until the ball gets taken away by the other team. The Dutch were amazing at maintaining proper separation from one another, one-touch passing, and keeping the D spread out until they get the shot they're looking for. It was a very nice display of passing and strategy.

On top of all that, they had the orange and powder blues unis, lol...how can you not love that?

Great finish for the Spanish team. Gotta play until the final whistle sounds.

Ole` Villa !!

Yep, that was an awesome goal :cry:

you catch the turkey czech republic game?

holy crap.

no, i missed the game today. (after watching all week the girl got a little sick of soccer being on, and me on the couch watching it)

what happened? this tourny has been intense so far.

no, i missed the game today. (after watching all week the girl got a little sick of soccer being on, and me on the couch watching it)

what happened? this tourny has been intense so far.

I missed it too, but looks like Turkey was down 0-2 with 15 mins left in the match, and came back to win 3-2...wow!

I am rooting for the Dutch..they have a fun country

haha, between all the good times ive had in amsterdam, and just liking their uniforms, thats why i started cheering for them too.

i just imagine the Dutch would really celebrate the win like its supposed to be celebrated.

only 1 game on today? Germany/Austria, 2:30pm on ESPN.

haha, between all the good times ive had in amsterdam, and just liking their uniforms, thats why i started cheering for them too.

i just imagine the Dutch would really celebrate the win like its supposed to be celebrated.

only 1 game on today? Germany/Austria, 2:30pm on ESPN.

No, there's also Poland vs. Croatia. But for some reason that I cannot comprehend, it's at the same time as the Germany / Austria game. All of the 3rd round games are this way. So you can't watch both games--you have to pick one. I have no idea why they decided to do it this way. I suppose it's so everybody gets to play in prime time in Europe. Still stupid in my opinion.

Poland vs. Croatia is scheduled for ESPN Classic at 2:30 PM

This is group B play. I think they have the games at the same time

so that one team can't 'tank' the match and alter the standings

for advancement.

Similar to the EPL and the last match of the season.

All the games are at the same time for the relegation issue.

I think they have the games at the same time

so that one team can't 'tank' the match and alter the standings

for advancement.

Similar to the EPL and the last match of the season.

All the games are at the same time for the relegation issue.

Ah yes, good point.

No, there's also Poland vs. Croatia. But for some reason that I cannot comprehend, it's at the same time as the Germany / Austria game. All of the 3rd round games are this way. So you can't watch both games--you have to pick one. I have no idea why they decided to do it this way. I suppose it's so everybody gets to play in prime time in Europe. Still stupid in my opinion.

They do it that way to reduce the tentations and possibilities for teams to not play games at full speed, knowing yet they are qualified or need only a tie to qualify. They do that for all last games of group games in the Euros or the World Cups since the famous Austria-Germany scandal of the 1982 World Cup (both teams could reach the second round with a tie as Algeria had won ealier that day, they then "played" a no game at half speed ending with o-o tie).

They do it that way to reduce the tentations and possibilities for teams to not play games at full speed, knowing yet they are qualified or need only a tie to qualify. They do that for all last games of group games in the Euros or the World Cups since the famous Austria-Germany scandal of the 1982 World Cup (both teams could reach the second round with a tie as Algeria had won ealier that day, they then "played" a no game at half speed ending with o-o tie).

Makes good sense. I should have thought of that, or at least remembered it from watching previous World Cups. :wallbash:

I just caught the replay of the Czech/Turkey game. Wow! What an incredible game! The second half was all action. And that winning goal was a rocket! If any non-soccer fan wants to give the sport a fair chance- watch the second half of that Czech/Turkey game.