lawl Fox News

Flip a coin. The fist jab comment was brief. The Obama Baby Mama was on the screen for a long time.

She's Andy Kaufman. I still stand by the comment that Michelle Malkin is worse.

Never heard of Malkin, but if she's worse that Coulter, then I hope I never hear her

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not forget the over the shoulder grapic Fox did the other day - a picture of Michelle Obama with the title "Obama's Baby Mama" - are you kidding me? How can you even try and pass yourself off as a news organization with crap like that?

Both sides do it. IMO... Note IMO, seems that Fox does what Hillary does... That is, they pander down, not up. Like I said, the liberal side does it also... I just don't see it manifest itself in such obvious low-brow ways especially with the blatant (and often printed out) name calling.

Flip a coin. The fist jab comment was brief. The Obama Baby Mama was on the screen for a long time.

Even though the "fist jab" comment was ridiculous, you could see that E.D. Hill was trying to make it sound like it was one of a number of possible interpretations. But the "baby mama" graphic was crystal clear in that it was the intent of the show to label her.

Even though the "fist jab" comment was ridiculous, you could see that E.D. Hill was trying to make it sound like it was one of a number of possible interpretations. But the "baby mama" graphic was crystal clear in that it was the intent of the show to label her.

"The right" throughout history and various cultures have been better at "labeling" things... Not to say it doesn't happen on both side, it does.

Take a look at the board here, it is just done in more blatant, sometimes nationalistic voice.

"The right" throughout history and various cultures have been better at "labeling" things... Not to say it doesn't happen on both side, it does.

Take a look at the board here, it is just done in more blatant, sometimes nationalistic voice.

ya, I don't disagree with that. It's pretty bad when a prominent national media company does it so blatantly. I was channel surfing last night and caught some show on FN called The Beltway Boys. Every other sentence started with "those democrats stupidly said" or "the democrats are so scary that" etc. etc. It was just partisan bashing the other party left and right, no punches pulled.

I guess it's good that they're open and up front about it, but how can you call yourself "fair and balanced" with shows like that. There is no equivalent on any other network, at least that I've seen.

ya, I don't disagree with that. It's pretty bad when a prominent national media company does it so blatantly. I was channel surfing last night and caught some show on FN called The Beltway Boys. Every other sentence started with "those democrats stupidly said" or "the democrats are so scary that" etc. etc. It was just partisan bashing the other party left and right, no punches pulled.

I guess it's good that they're open and up front about it, but how can you call yourself "fair and balanced" with shows like that. There is no equivalent on any other network, at least that I've seen.

True.

They can be more creative than with the outright name calling.

I also enjoy the silly "The Democrats hate America" routine. Very entertaining, before it puts me to sleep

But you have to remember that a large number of people watch only the Fox News Network and they believe everything on it. They do believe it's fai and balanced. The single best thing the Republican Party has done in recent years to advance their agenda was to create the FNN and convince the masses that its a legitimate news network.

But you have to remember that a large number of people watch only the Fox News Network and they believe everything on it. They do believe it's fai and balanced. The single best thing the Republican Party has done in recent years to advance their agenda was to create the FNN and convince the masses that its a legitimate news network.

You're totally correct of course. I'm just (stupidly) saying take a step back and look at this network objectively. They ought to change their tag line to "Republicans are right, deal with it!"

You're totally correct of course. I'm just (stupidly) saying take a step back and look at this network objectively. They ought to change their tag line to "Republicans are right, deal with it!"

Actually, it probably damages their image more than it helps. If you know what they are doing ahead of time, it is a good comedy act though

Beltway Boys, Hannity and Colmes, O'Riley are OPINION shows NOT the news. :wallbash:

well :wallbash:

Nobody said they were pure news programs, nor are they expected to present content like news. However, they're part of Fox News Network which labels itself Fair and Balanced. And there's lots of opinion shows on other networks, but they're nowhere near as openly biased as these, not even close.

well :wallbash:

Nobody said they were pure news programs, nor are they expected to present content like news. However, they're part of Fox News Network which labels itself Fair and Balanced. And there's lots of opinion shows on other networks, but they're nowhere near as openly biased as these, not even close.

Which is worse- the people on the tube, or the idiots who watch and allow them to be that way......ahhh, the decline of society. I still would watch Fox over American Idol

See the docu "Outfoxed". It defines explicitly their techniques on how to whitewash the issues and news, whatever the term 'News" means to them.

Better yet watch this clip where one of Bill O's flunkys tries going after his arch nemesis Bill Moyers;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxq4xZgtvmw

talk about a dressdown.

The Republican Party didn't "create" Fox News; Rupert Murdoch did, specifically to "combat" the "left-wing bias" in the media (he's said so on multiple occasions).

The Republican Party didn't "create" Fox News; Rupert Murdoch did, specifically to "combat" the "left-wing bias" in the media (he's said so on multiple occasions).

And of course it is only logical that the phrase "Fair and Balanced" would follow.

It is only a given the GOP mega media nutjob Roger Ailes would could and did help start the mess known as Fox, as if the GOP wasn't complicit....c'mon!

Do your homework.

And of course it is only logical that the phrase "Fair and Balanced" would follow.

It is only a given the GOP mega media nutjob Roger Ailes would could and did help start the mess known as Fox, as if the GOP wasn't complicit....c'mon!

Do your homework.

Yeah, Murdoch hired Ailes away from NBC to start up Fox. Well who else is Murdoch going to turn to to staff his new network? Members of PETA?

Yeah, Murdoch hired Ailes away from NBC to start up Fox. Well who else is Murdoch going to turn to to staff his new network? Members of PETA?

Only someone like you who just barely skims every topic could come up with something as inane as you just posted. So using your logic then Silver's hero (well, besides you) Bill O is also a non-partisan hire because he came from NBC (before the tabloid Inside Edition) and Brit Hume (George Bush's tennis partner) is ok because he worked for ABC.

I suppose if you mention the corporate media behemoth NBC/GE that is supposed to absolve the GOP driven Fox News.

Try again.

This Week (ABC) has the very even handed George Stepinawfulstuff.

CBS had Dan "Those papers are real" Rather.

If I actually watched the shows any more, I could cite numerous instances of injection of opinion on the nightly national news on NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, CNN Headline News and PMSNBC.

You lbs are just mad that Fox gets better ratings than other cable news networks.

This Week (ABC) has the very even handed George Stepinawfulstuff.

CBS had Dan "Those papers are real" Rather.

If I actually watched the shows any more, I could cite numerous instances of injection of opinion on the nightly national news on NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, CNN Headline News and PMSNBC.

You lbs are just mad that Fox gets better ratings than other cable news networks.

Last week Olberman outdrew Bill O. So much for that theory. But that wasn't even my point with DC Tommy Boy. To say all of a sudden the Australian Rupert Pupkin sat down and said I'm going to start the whackiest news network in America without the Republican party is absolutely ridiculous.