lawl Fox News

You're totally correct of course. I'm just (stupidly) saying take a step back and look at this network objectively. They ought to change their tag line to "Republicans are right, deal with it!"

Perhaps NBC/ABC/CBS/MSNBC/CNN should change their tag line to "Democrats are left , deal with it"?

I'm constantly amazed at the left, the large numbers of Democrats who take vociferious offense at one media outlet that offers a viewpoint that differs with theirs. It lends mockery to the ideas of diversity of opinion they are fond of espousing, and also lends credence to that the ideal of liberalism is one-party rule, control of all media outlets, and dissenting opinion must be suppressed.

Ridicule is a popular methodology to attain such.

History repeats, even though it has been revised in recent times. This new round of appeal to the inexperienced - the youth - is Lenin 101. Involve the students, make them think they will gloriously change the world. Just like what took place in the '30's, in the '60's.

It pays to watch Leno's "Jay Walking". How thick and self-absorbed our citizenry have become...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week Olberman outdrew Bill O. So much for that theory. But that wasn't even my point with DC Tommy Boy. To say all of a sudden the Australian Rupert Pupkin sat down and said I'm going to start the whackiest news network in America without the Republican party is absolutely ridiculous.

Little do you know that Keith Olbermann IS Bill O'Reilly!

Perhaps NBC/ABC/CBS/MSNBC/CNN should change their tag line to "Democrats are left , deal with it"?

I'm constantly amazed at the left, the large numbers of Democrats who take vociferious offense at one media outlet that offers a viewpoint that differs with theirs. It lends mockery to the ideas of diversity of opinion they are fond of espousing, and also lends credence to that the ideal of liberalism is one-party rule, control of all media outlets, and dissenting opinion must be suppressed.

Ridicule is a popular methodology to attain such.

History repeats, even though it has been revised in recent times. This new round of appeal to the inexperience - the youth - is Lenin 101. Involve the students, make them think they will gloriously change the world. Just like what took place in the '30's, in the '60's.

It pays to watch Leno's "Jay Walking". How thick and self-absorbed folks have become.

No, what I am saying, and I think others would agree, is that we expect and accept bias from all of the networks. There is no doubt that NBC is on the far left, but subjectively they are not ultra left wing. CNN tries to stay neutral by hiring conservatives and republican consultants, and we can argue about how well they pull this off.

Fox goes way to the other extreme and openly pounds all democratic views on a constant basis. Terrorist Fist Jab and Obama's Baby Mama on news programs are recent examples, but there's so many others. Do any of the other networks pull stuff like that?

The so called "Opinion shows" on Fox are venomous and ruthless in condemning all opposing points of view. The most outrageous show on the left is Keith Olbermann's and he certainly attacks people he believes are so disgusting that they deserve a tirade, and I'm not supporting that either. The difference is it's selective and occasional. He'll say George Bush is the Worst Person in the World because Bush says he will give up golf for the troops while they're being killed and injured. But KO doesn't say All Republicans are azzwipes because they support the war in Iraq, or any kind of stereotype that categorizes an entire political spectrum

With Fox it's all gloves-off, arbitrary and constant, and they have the balls to say they're fair and balanced. That's not only deceptive, but a fraud, and we deserve better from the media, but I realize that's a pipe dream...

I welcome opposing views, I learn from it and sometimes I change my opinion or outlook as a result. Just be respectful in making your points and try to keep an open perspective. Keywords are 'agree to disagree' and there's nothing wrong with that.

You're not really saying engaging and energizing the youth vote is Leninist propaganda are you? Whoa!

No, what I am saying, and I think others would agree, is that we ALLOW bias from all of the networks.

This is how it should read. They only do it because the lemmings will watch it. They are no longer journalists and it is not news they are reporting.

No, what I am saying, and I think others would agree, is that we expect and accept bias from all of the networks. There is no doubt that NBC is on the far left, but subjectively they are not ultra left wing. CNN tries to stay neutral by hiring conservatives and republican consultants, and we can argue about how well they pull this off.

Fox goes way to the other extreme and openly pounds all democratic views on a constant basis. Terrorist Fist Jab and Obama's Baby Mama on news programs are recent examples, but there's so many others. Do any of the other networks pull stuff like that?

The so called "Opinion shows" on Fox are venomous and ruthless in condemning all opposing points of view. The most outrageous show on the left is Keith Olbermann's and he certainly attacks people he believes are so disgusting that they deserve a tirade, and I'm not supporting that either. The difference is it's selective and occasional. He'll say George Bush is the Worst Person in the World because Bush says he will give up golf for the troops while they're being killed and injured. But KO doesn't say All Republicans are azzwipes because they support the war in Iraq, or any kind of stereotype that categorizes an entire political spectrum

With Fox it's all gloves-off, arbitrary and constant, and they have the balls to say they're fair and balanced. That's not only deceptive, but a fraud, and we deserve better from the media, but I realize that's a pipe dream...

I welcome opposing views, I learn from it and sometimes I change my opinion or outlook as a result. Just be respectful in making your points and try to keep an open perspective. Keywords are 'agree to disagree' and there's nothing wrong with that.

You're not really saying engaging and energizing the youth vote is Leninist propaganda are you? Whoa!

Does FOX exhibit their bias during news broadcasts?

Does FOX exhibit their bias during news broadcasts?

of course, it's part and parcel of what they do.

A couple years ago, an ex-Fox News producer named Charlie Riena wrote a letter to Poynter Online, a journalism blog. Here's a couple of interesting quotes:

But the roots of FNC's day-to-day on-air bias are actual and direct. They come in the form of an executive memo distributed electronically each morning, addressing what stories will be covered and, often, suggesting how they should be covered. To the newsroom personnel responsible for the channel's daytime programming, The Memo is the bible. If, on any given day, you notice that the Fox anchors seem to be trying to drive a particular point home, you can bet The Memo is behind it.

and

The Memo was born with the Bush administration, early in 2001, and, intentionally or not, has ensured that the administration's point of view consistently comes across on FNC. This year, of course, the war in Iraq became a constant subject of The Memo. But along with the obvious - information on who is where and what they'll be covering - there have been subtle hints as to the tone of the anchors' copy. For instance, from the March 20th memo: "There is something utterly incomprehensible about Kofi Annan's remarks in which he allows that his thoughts are 'with the Iraqi people.' One could ask where those thoughts were during the 23 years Saddam Hussein was brutalizing those same Iraqis. Food for thought." Can there be any doubt that the memo was offering not only "food for thought," but a direction for the FNC writers and anchors to go? Especially after describing the U.N. Secretary General's remarks as "utterly incomprehensible"?

of course, it's part and parcel of what they do.

A couple years ago, an ex-Fox News producer named Charlie Riena wrote a letter to Poynter Online, a journalism blog. Here's a couple of interesting quotes:

and

When, and under what circumstances, did this fellow of the name Riena leave Fox? And then show up on an authoratitive, vetted source such as a "blog"? :rolleyes:

A "blog" of course, being whatever whim somebody chooses to express at the moment...

Only someone like you who just barely skims every topic could come up with something as inane as you just posted. So using your logic then Silver's hero (well, besides you) Bill O is also a non-partisan hire because he came from NBC (before the tabloid Inside Edition) and Brit Hume (George Bush's tennis partner) is ok because he worked for ABC.

I suppose if you mention the corporate media behemoth NBC/GE that is supposed to absolve the GOP driven Fox News.

Try again.

Still waiting for you to provide one link to a post where I praise O'Reilly as a good reporter or intelligent or anything, let alone make him out to be my "hero." I understand it's taking you a while to find it, though (several months now). I'm sure you'll get around to that just as soon as you explain why you thought Jeremiah Wright's sermons were appropriate "in context."

I'm sure someone as super intelligent as you won't have any problem backing up all the things you say. You're probably just way too busy to get around to doing that, right? :rolleyes:

When, and under what circumstances, did this fellow of the name Riena leave Fox? And then show up on an authoratitive, vetted source such as a "blog"? :rolleyes:

A "blog" of course, being whatever whim somebody chooses to express at the moment...

according to Salon:

Reina, 55, spent six years at Fox as a producer, copy editor and writer, working both on hard news stories and on feature programs like "News Watch" and "After Hours." He quit in April, he says, in a fit of frustration over salary, job assignments and respect.

While you can easily write off a blog entry as a whim, the Poynter Institute is a well respected private school for journalism and their blog is mostly visited by professional journalists.

Cite the incidence, please, then...was that during an op-ed presentation, or a during news report? Educate me...

Terrorist Fist Jab was said by the host of America's Pulse, a nightly news show. Obama's Baby Mama was displayed with an onscreen graphic on a Fox News afternoon broadcast, during a segment discussing conservative attacks against Michelle Obama.

Terrorist Fist Jab was said by the host of America's Pulse, a nightly news show. Obama's Baby Mama was displayed with an onscreen graphic on a Fox News afternoon broadcast, during a segment discussing conservative attacks against Michelle Obama.

Were either news reports?

You don't get my point. When Fox reports news, they do not interject opinion. Unlike others...for example, have they ever had a news anchor like Dan Rather, thundering about phony Pres. Bush National Guard records for weeks, and hawking it as fact?

You think "Fair and Balanced" is a fraud. I think "Budweiser is the King of Beers" is fraud. I can't say what slogan CBS uses, but I assume that is also a fraud. What action do you propose to surpress these statements?

You don't get my point. When Fox reports news, they do not interject opinion. Unlike others...for example, have they ever had a news anchor like Dan Rather, thundering about phony Pres. Bush National Guard records for weeks, and hawking it as fact?

You think "Fair and Balanced" is a fraud. I think "Budweiser is the King of Beers" is fraud. I can't say what slogan CBS uses, but I assume that is also a fraud. What action do you propose to surpress these statements?

News report or not, Fox is going to lose credibility when they have garbage like "Terrorist Fist Bump" and "Obama's Baby Mama" on their network.

Our country could really use a good conservative news channel. Unfortunately, Fox News spends just about 0% of their time working on being professional and competent.

News report or not, Fox is going to lose credibility when they have garbage like "Terrorist Fist Bump" and "Obama's Baby Mama" on their network.

Our country could really use a good conservative news channel. Unfortunately, Fox News spends just about 0% of their time working on being professional and competent.

Oh well, then. I guess you are saying they have jumped into the same cesspool. Sad, if so.

Define "news report"

Obama's Baby Mama was on a news report, Terrorist Fist Jab was on a news show, technically not a report.

I strongly disagree that Fox doesn't interject its opinions when reporting news. You're entitled to your opinion. Dan Rather's crusade was an anomaly and not the kind of reporting being discussed here.

"Budweiser is the King of Beers" is a subjective boast that says we're better than others. "Fair and Balanced" can be subjective also, but when you openly show your predilection, time and time again, it's deceptive IMO, and no longer subjective. And they don't use those terms to describe only their news reporting; it's used to convey (or infer) a philosophy across the network.

If you google Fox News "fair and balanced" -foxnews.com meaning don't include pages from the network itself, you get 511,000 results, and after scanning the first few pages, they all appear to questioning the fairness and balance. That's pretty significant in the court of 'web opinion'