What type of cell phone does your teenager have?

tmk-nj

My daughter is 15 and is in need of a new cell phone. We use Verizon Wireless and she is eligible for an upgrade.

Of course she wants all the expensive phones but I am not sure I should get her an expensive one.

She is liking the Glyde and the Voyager and I can get them (through the Verizon site) for $200 as upgrades.

Should I just get her one of those or is there a good phone for less that I can get.

What does your teen have??

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. :devil:

Tom

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought the env2 last night for $108, plus there is a $50 rebate. I'm no teenager, but I do write a few text messages now and then, and check email on my phone. I like it so far, and couldn't really see spending $200 unless its for a new iphone.

virgin mobile rocks, my son has the 200 weekday/500A/T minute plan plus 1000 txts for 29.99 or you can go 5.00 extra and get unlimited texts, no contracts, easy to add money or change your plan if that is not enough...hardware is cheap and its on the sprint network so coverage is good

My daughter is 15 and is in need of a new cell phone. We use Verizon Wireless and she is eligible for an upgrade.

Of course she wants all the expensive phones but I am not sure I should get her an expensive one.

She is liking the Glyde and the Voyager and I can get them (through the Verizon site) for $200 as upgrades.

Should I just get her one of those or is there a good phone for less that I can get.

Thank you. :devil:

Tom

Cause all her friends have one. Don't you know anything about parenting? :devil:

Smack the kid upside the head and tell her to be an individual.

Besides if everyone has one, then eventually it will stop being cool. And as the only one without a cell phone she can claim to be a trendsetter :worthy:

Thank you. :D

Tom

Don't get her one with a camera...

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/mar/14...xplicit-images/

Two cups and a string

Why does a 15 year old need her own cell phone?

For me the biggest reason is for saftey. If she needs a ride home, or an issue at school. What if a pervert is follwoing her or something, she can call 911. Roadside assistance if needed. That kind of stuff.

Also, if I need to reach her I can at all times, or vice versa.

For me the biggest reason is for saftey. If she needs a ride home, or an issue at school. What if a pervert is follwoing her or something, she can call 911. Roadside assistance if needed. That kind of stuff.

Also, if I need to reach her I can at all times, or vice versa.

How did kids ever survive the cruel world without a phone? :D