What type of cell phone does your teenager have?

tmk-nj

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adults don't NEED one. My wife has quite a nice life without one. As a matter of fact she enjoys the fact that she's not reachable at the push of a button. Nothing and no one is that important.

Exactly!... You wanna get a hold of me... 10 to 10 rule on the land line @ home... And even that is dicey!

In need of a new cell phone? Shouldn't this be about the time that a teenager gets their first?

Do it like they do at my work (the federal gov't)... All the peons get the hand-me-down IT stuff... Now go out and get yourself a nice leather chair, new computer, and cell phone... And give your daughter your old crap!

:thumbsup::(

^^^

Self,

Look what I started.

EII

EII,

Talkin' to yourself again?

Self

Self,

Take off hoser!

EII

:)

Exactly!... You wanna get a hold of me... 10 to 10 rule on the land line @ home... And even that is dicey!

Man, you are a dinosaur. I haven't had a land line in years....and thats why I "need" a cell phone.

We're talking a kid here. I have a friend who bought his 12 year old daughter a $350 phone. He got it for $60. Well guess what the 12 year old did. She got it wet and now it needs to be replaced. Can he get it replaced for $60? Nope, they sent him a new phone and a bill for $350. Why does a 12 year old need a phone? Well according to him so when she is done with school he can call her to see if she needs a ride home or to find out what time she'll be home. What ever happened to a conversation with your kid at breakfast. "Will you need a ride home?" "Have a great day, be home by six for dinner."

I dropped my phone into a urinal and accidentially pissed on it while having a conversation which clearly could have waited. Sh-t happens to people of all ages.

I have over 400 minutes on my pre-paid cell phone now. I have to buy a $10 refill card every year to maintain my balance.

I expect Obama to change this wrong! :thumbsup:

Change you can believe in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Two cups and a string

Why does a 15 year old need her own cell phone?

My 12 year old granddaughter has a Tracfone. It is to call for a ride home when there are after school activities, etc.

It is convenient and a bit if security of she needs to call someone NOW. If she wastes her monthly minutes, they are gone and she has to wait. She has learned to budget her phone time.

Adults don't NEED one. My wife has quite a nice life without one. As a matter of fact she enjoys the fact that she's not reachable at the push of a button. Nothing and no one is that important.

The more and more my cell phone bill adds up, the more and more I agree with you.

And that is the reason why the average savings rate in the U.S. is negative. Party up now folks because your retirement is going to suck. :thumbsup:

Yeah...that's cause of cell phones. Come on, I'm sure you can find a worse argument than that to annoy everyone with. Don't be lazy now.

while I can't argue it's a necessity for teenagers, there's something very comforting about being able to "find" my 17 y.o. daughter almost anytime of the day or night, or that she can call me if she has car trouble or just needs something.

And then there's that Verizon GPS thing that can actually tell me where she is, lol

while I can't argue it's a necessity for teenagers, there's something very comforting about being able to "find" my 17 y.o. daughter almost anytime of the day or night, or that she can call me if she has car trouble or just needs something.

And then there's that Verizon GPS thing that can actually tell me where she is, lol

yep...or son for that matter...all my kids have cell phones because I can afford it...and I am still putting money into my savings every month...my daughters both have an envy when then got their upgrade and my son (who went through 3 or 4 chocolates, through no fault of his own), have one of the girl's hand me downs...it's a great thing if you can afford it and have strict guidlines.

yep...or son for that matter...all my kids have cell phones because I can afford it...and I am still putting money into my savings every month...my daughters both have an envy when then got their upgrade and my son (who went through 3 or 4 chocolates, through no fault of his own), have one of the girl's hand me downs...it's a great thing if you can afford it and have strict guidlines.

Let the brainwashing of American youth start young!

Gotta have the upgrade!

And yes, I am sorta joking NG.

Let the brainwashing of American youth start young!

Gotta have the upgrade!

And yes, I am sorta joking NG.

why not? My kids appreciate everything they have! Why should I deny them? Does that really build "character"? All the upgrades coincide with birthdays so, I think of it as a present. I guess I'm a bad dad. :blink:

I dropped my phone into a urinal and accidentially pissed on it while having a conversation which clearly could have waited. Sh-t happens to people of all ages.

Yeah, but the real question is, did you pull it out?