It looks like that the NY Jets just might be the class

Correct me if I'm wrong but other than having disgruntled players with their contracts I haven't heard or seen too much about their players having legality issues. They have a young team also and were heavy hitters this year in free agency/trades. It wouldn't be too surprising if they threaten for some kind of post season play this year.

Another thing that I noticed is that like alot of control freaks their FO likes to censor more then they have a right to. That could cause unneeded dissension for them and become a problem but other than that they could be a big nemisis for the Bills this year. Their QBs are not the greatest but their RBs and WRs are pretty lethal and they could wind up being a very dangerous team for the Bills this year.

Correct me if I'm wrong but other than having disgruntled players with their contracts I haven't heard or seen too much about their players having legality issues. They have a young team also and were heavy hitters this year in free agency/trades. It wouldn't be too surprising if they threaten for some kind of post season play this year.

Another thing that I noticed is that like alot of control freaks their FO likes to censor more then they have a right to. That could cause unneeded dissension for them and become a problem but other than that they could be a big nemisis for the Bills this year. Their QBs are not the greatest but their RBs and WRs are pretty lethal and they could wind up being a very dangerous team for the Bills this year.

If you could put Chadwick's brain in JP's body you would have a first ballot HOF player, as it is though the Jets have one of the worst QB combos in the league. I am not all that impressed with their running backs or receivers either.

:thumbsup:

Sorry, but the Jests did a patch up job through FA. I see them as a 7-9 team at best. They took a lot of guys that are good players and one who could be considered great but teams that do that have to have a solid core of guys that are similar to them in the lockerroom. Bubba Franks may even hurt them on the field. His days are past him. If he couldn't continue to be a great player with Favre throwing to him then nobody is going to be able to help him regain his form.

The best the Jets could hope to finish is 6 and 10.

Their offseason spending was overkill:

Calvin Pace? He was a bust as a DE, played only one season as an outside rush LB, and is just decent.

Faneca? Great OG, but on the wrong side of 30.

Woody? Talented but an under-performer.

Their QB situation is bad, no WRs either, and average at best RBs.

If you could put Chadwick's brain in JP's body you would have a first ballot HOF player, as it is though the Jets have one of the worst QB combos in the league. I am not all that impressed with their running backs or receivers either.

Yeah right :thumbsup: JP short-hops balls to RB's in the flat, routes that are 10-15 yards up the field, and seems to overthrow the ones that he doesn't short-hop when he has pressure waiting with a clipboard in hand on the sidelines. The one thing he can do, throw a nice looking and accurate 50 yard pass. That's far from a first-ballot HOF career, Pennington's brain or not.

All this talk about Chad Pennington is garbage. He never had a great arm, and he, like the whole team had a down year- yet everyone who knows little about football always blames the QB. How about the line that couldn't open holes for the running back they spent millions on to bring in? How about adjusting to their new defensive scheme?

They had bigger problems than QB last season, and they should be a very tough team this year

All this talk about Chad Pennington is garbage. He never had a great arm, and he, like the whole team had a down year- yet everyone who knows little about football always blames the QB. How about the line that couldn't open holes for the running back they spent millions on to bring in? How about adjusting to their new defensive scheme?

They had bigger problems than QB last season, and they should be a very tough team this year

Pennington never had a great arm, after being injured it is GOD awful. The other QB has not shown anything. The O-line was bad, it may be better. As I said, I am not impressed with either the receivers or running backs on the Jets. I think this season will tell if Mangini is a genius or not.

Who cares about class? Honestly it doesn't matter. The team with the least amount of class in the division will win the most amount of games, as they did last year and the year before, etc. etc. So really what is the point?

Who cares about class? Honestly it doesn't matter. The team with the least amount of class in the division will win the most amount of games, as they did last year and the year before, etc. etc. So really what is the point?

You make a GOOD point.

The best the Jets could hope to finish is 6 and 10.

Their offseason spending was overkill:

Calvin Pace? He was a bust as a DE, played only one season as an outside rush LB, and is just decent.

Faneca? Great OG, but on the wrong side of 30.

Woody? Talented but an under-performer.

Their QB situation is bad, no WRs either, and average at best RBs.

Can you explain how they have no WR's? They have Coles, and Cotchery who had 82 rec for 1,130 yards last year.

Their top 2 is better than our top 2... or at least was, last season.

Who cares about class? So really what is the point?

Enough said. Those two statements screams volumes about you.

Can you explain how they have no WR's? They have Coles, and Cotchery who had 82 rec for 1,130 yards last year.

Their top 2 is better than our top 2... or at least was, last season.

Amen brother. I thought for a moment that I was the only one who thought that. Coles is obviously good but that Cotchery is a beast.

so just because Marshawn is in some legal trouble we aren't a classy team? Well my friend i belive you are mistaken on this one and the J E T S SUCK get out of here you troll!

Troll??! LOL! I've been called alot of things on this board but I have to tell ya pal, this one is a first.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/A.../wwhi060608.htm

You can choose to sweep it under the rug or face up to the fact that in the last couple of years we have had a few players in unsavory legal situations. Sh--, have we even sign Hardy yet? BTW, if our player(s) continue down this path are they even going to be able to play the games in Toronto? If not and it lands up costing Ralphie boy, then I wouldn't be too surprised if we "suddenly" re-emphasize character again.

Now that you mentioned Lynch specifically, which I didn't but I would like to say something about this great debate that has been raging on about his vehicle involved in the hit and run has everyone voicing legal opinion on what he should have done. I'm not educated about the law and what he should or should not do AFTER the fact but I don't need a lawyer to direct my opinion on what the driver should have done AT the scene of the crime. Legally AND morally the driver should have stopped and helped her. That would have been classy now, don't you think?

Cotchery had 1130 yards on 82 receptions, but just 2 TD's. Coles has barely broken 1,000 yards receiving the past 4 years, but has had 12 TD's the past 2 years. I'd hardly qualify either as "great" WR's. As for the RB's, it's the same group as last year, plus the backup RB from the Dols. BFD. At TE, Chris Baker is disgruntled. On the OL, Faneca should be an upgrade but is he enough? On defense, they're sticking with the 3-4, but Kris Jenkins will be their NT, and he had trouble playing well and staying healthy the past few years in a 4-3. Their LB's outside of David Harris and their DB's don't impress me much.

As I said, they'll play their AFC East rivals tough, but they won't win the division and won't make the playoffs.

Enough said. Those two statements screams volumes about you.

Amen brother. I thought for a moment that I was the only one who thought that. Coles is obviously good but that Cotchery is a beast.

Troll??! LOL! I've been called alot of things on this board but I have to tell ya pal, this one is a first.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/A.../wwhi060608.htm

You can choose to sweep it under the rug or face up to the fact that in the last couple of years we have had a few players in unsavory legal situations. Sh--, have we even sign Hardy yet? BTW, if our player(s) continue down this path are they even going to be able to play the games in Toronto? If not and it lands up costing Ralphie boy, then I wouldn't be too surprised if we "suddenly" re-emphasize character again.

Now that you mentioned Lynch specifically, which I didn't but I would like to say something about this great debate that has been raging on about his vehicle involved in the hit and run has everyone voicing legal opinion on what he should have done. I'm not educated about the law and what he should or should not do AFTER the fact but I don't need a lawyer to direct my opinion on what the driver should have done AT the scene of the crime. Legally AND morally the driver should have stopped and helped her. That would have been classy now, don't you think?

Alright since you decided to call me our for supposedly having no class, let me respond since you don't even know me. The point I was trying to make is that this whole post is idiotic...so what if the Jets have more class than anyone else in the division? The Patriots will likely win the division again, class or no class. They cheated for the past 7 years, showing a lack of class, and won three championships in the process. I'm not condoning it, it's jsut the facts. So regardless if you dislike the fact that we have people Marshawn Lynch or James Hardy on our team or that the Jets are a bunch of nice, classy guys that should be rewarded on the field it just doesn't matter. In our culture athletes are given millions of dollars at the age of 20, 21 and are glorified by their fan base. Stuff like this happens to every single sports franchise at one point or another in the history at this day and age. To think that when a few players get into legal trouble for the same franchise that it means that they will a) perform poorly and b) don't deserve to put on the uniform is both naive and ignorant. Randy Moss ran over a traffic cop a few years ago and smiled the whole time he was doing it. Last year he was hailed as a hero for the Patriots and played on a team that went 16-0. The Patriots, by the way, have had more arrests than we have this offseason. And where will they likely be next year? Probably either playing for the Super Bowl or even winning it. So again I say - Who caes about class? Does it even matter? Seems pretty clear to me that the answer is no. And those two statements do not reflect negative on me and those two statements do not "scream volumes to you." Again, if you don't like it these kids getting in trouble with the law, stop buying the tickets and the jerseys and feeding the franchises to allow them to dish out millions to kids who might have not have even finished college. I'll agree all day and night that leaving the scene of a hit and run lacks all class but the point is it won't matter on the football field. And that was the point of the original post which, in my opinion, is dead wrong.

Alright since you decided to call me our for supposedly having no class, let me respond since you don't even know me. The point I was trying to make is that this whole post is idiotic...so what if the Jets have more class than anyone else in the division? The Patriots will likely win the division again, class or no class. They cheated for the past 7 years, showing a lack of class, and won three championships in the process. I'm not condoning it, it's jsut the facts. So regardless if you dislike the fact that we have people Marshawn Lynch or James Hardy on our team or that the Jets are a bunch of nice, classy guys that should be rewarded on the field it just doesn't matter. In our culture athletes are given millions of dollars at the age of 20, 21 and are glorified by their fan base. Stuff like this happens to every single sports franchise at one point or another in the history at this day and age. To think that when a few players get into legal trouble for the same franchise that it means that they will a) perform poorly and b) don't deserve to put on the uniform is both naive and ignorant. Randy Moss ran over a traffic cop a few years ago and smiled the whole time he was doing it. Last year he was hailed as a hero for the Patriots and played on a team that went 16-0. The Patriots, by the way, have had more arrests than we have this offseason. And where will they likely be next year? Probably either playing for the Super Bowl or even winning it. So again I say - Who caes about class? Does it even matter? Seems pretty clear to me that the answer is no. And those two statements do not reflect negative on me and those two statements do not "scream volumes to you." Again, if you don't like it these kids getting in trouble with the law, stop buying the tickets and the jerseys and feeding the franchises to allow them to dish out millions to kids who might have not have even finished college. I'll agree all day and night that leaving the scene of a hit and run lacks all class but the point is it won't matter on the football field. And that was the point of the original post which, in my opinion, is dead wrong.

I'll offer a olive branch here and take this time to apologize to you about my insinuation about your character because you're right, I don't know you. As far as you considering this an idiotic post is your opinion and I'll respect that without taking offense but I did take some solace in the fact that while we were getting pounded by the Patriots in the last few years our players didn't resort to being undesirable on and off the field like them and some other teams from around the league. I can't say that I feel the same way about some of our players at this time. That's too bad because at one time part of our slogan was Talkin' Proud.