[closed]Double standards.

This board makes me laugh. If this hit and run incident that is involving Lynch's vehicle would have happened with any other player from another team this board would be ready to tar and feather him. Why the tolerance? I don't know if Lynch was in the vehicle or not but he is accountable to a certain degree at the very least. It was his vehicle and he most certainly knows who was driving it. Evading the authorities and hiding behind his attorney is BS. Stand up and be a man because whoever was driving that vehicle is certainly not. I have no problem with someone making a mistake but I do take issue with someone being indifferent to a human life.

I never realized how many gumshoe detectives and Clarence Darrows we have visiting this board. I could only imagine if this was a Patriot that was involved. Talk about hypocrites! I don't give a sh-- if it's a Bills' player or not, a woman was hit and left for dead. Whoever was driving that vehicle should get his @$$ rung up period. Stop all this legal ramification BS because most of you don't know what the hell you're talking about anyways.

Well, I wouldn't go THAT far, dude, but certainly folks round here are being a bit more "understanding" regarding Lyncy's situation than if this were Lawrence Maroney we were talking about...

I believe that is the point being made.

This board makes me laugh. If this hit and run incident that is involving Lynch's vehicle would have happened with any other player from another team this board would be ready to tar and feather him. Why the tolerance? I don't know if Lynch was in the vehicle or not but he is accountable to a certain degree at the very least. It was his vehicle and he most certainly knows who was driving it. Evading the authorities and hiding behind his attorney is BS. Stand up and be a man because whoever was driving that vehicle is certainly not. I have no problem with someone making a mistake but I do take issue with someone being indifferent to a human life.

I never realized how many gumshoe detectives and Clarence Darrows we have visiting this board. I could only imagine if this was a Patriot that was involved. Talk about hypocrites! I don't give a sh-- if it's a Bills' player or not, a woman was hit and left for dead. Whoever was driving that vehicle should get his @$$ rung up period. Stop all this legal ramification BS because most of you don't know what the hell you're talking about anyways.

Amen, bro. I was hard on Hardy when his news came up...With Lynch I gave him the benefit of the doubt because of his community service in Oakland and he seems like a good guy. But now, I want him to step up and be a man. If he was at fault,say so. If it was someone else, say so. If not, I hope they throw the friggin' book at him...

C

While I agree with you Tip, some prejudice is expected.

Although not the same, a similar view can be: If your nephew did this you might be more hesitant to throw the book at him but if your crappy white trash neighbors who are rude to you every chance they gets' kid did this you wouldn't mind so much.

There will always be a collective prejudice for a fans favorite team and though it is hypocritical it is only human.

What irks me is the way people are trying to justify this whole thing. That woman doesn't deserve to get plowed over, regardless of what time in the morning it was and that driver doesn't have the right to smack her and take off. Does the possibility of it being a star player from someone's favorite football team make it alright? That woman is somebody's mother, daughter or sister and if she was one of my relatives, I'd be looking for justice.

Talk about hypocrites! I don't give a sh-- if it's a Bills' player or not, a woman was hit and left for dead. Whoever was driving that vehicle should get his @$$ rung up period. Stop all this legal ramification BS because most of you don't know what the hell you're talking about anyways.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :thumbsup:

This board continues to impress! :w00t:

I like how you criticize everyone else as gumshoe detectives and Clarence Darrows, then make such a bold statement about evading authorities and hiding behind his attorney. You have absolutely no idea A) what happened and B) what his role has been as far as cooperating with the police. I'm sure most of these dealings are being done behind closed doors. There could be a reason why he hasn't been arrested other than the fact that he plays for the bills. And yea, I guess he is a coward for listening to a lawyer when dealing with a legal matter. What an a-hole.

He is accountable, but doesn't owe the media or fans a public statement- they have done nothing to earn one. I have no problem with this being handled privately and neither does anyone else

I like how you criticize everyone else as gumshoe detectives and Clarence Darrows, then make such a bold statement about evading authorities and hiding behind his attorney. You have absolutely no idea A) what happened and B) what his role has been as far as cooperating with the police. I'm sure most of these dealings are being done behind closed doors. There could be a reason why he hasn't been arrested other than the fact that he plays for the bills. And yea, I guess he is a coward for listening to a lawyer when dealing with a legal matter. What an a-hole.

I didn't say everyone, that's your perception. My issue is with the driver that hit that woman and just left her. I don't need a judge or a jury to draw my conclusion on that. Whoever did that is a scumbag.

I didn't say everyone, that's your perception. My issue is with the driver that hit that woman and just left her. I don't need a judge or a jury to draw my conclusion on that. Whoever did that is a scumbag.

I definitely agree on that. I just disagreed with the "Evading the authorities and hiding behind his attorney is BS. Stand up and be a man" part. For all we know he's told several people the entire story, but the situation is being handled the proper way which is privately, and through an attorney.

A wee off nevertheless, I am a victim of a double standard on this board.

I replied to a poster named .....ans4e64..... who displays an avatar of a penis in the Patsies logo's mouth.

I was reprimanded for making a comment about it and that furthered the removal of that post.

Now, ze person who rezidez in zat avatar iz ztill fronting hiz "Patriot Penis"

I definitely agree on that. I just disagreed with the "Evading the authorities and hiding behind his attorney is BS. Stand up and be a man" part. For all we know he's told several people the entire story, but the situation is being handled the proper way which is privately, and through an attorney.

I don't believe that you can claim that. As for me, I haven't seen or heard Lynch go public, the police are claiming that they are getting frustrated with his silence about the situation and this is how many days after the incident? I do agree that Lynch has much at stake and needs to be careful but let's not lose sight of what's really important here and that is a woman was struck by a vehicle and was left without knowing the extent of her injuries. That's not "Stand up and be a man" BS. That's how I was raised and that's how I roll.

I think it's a lot more funny that people like you on here always say stuff like, "if this happened to a player on another team there would be 50 pages of abusing him, but the vast majority of the time this stuff happens to players on other teams we get, as of this writing, 13 total replies to *triots player arrested", 7 total replies to "Court is in session for Cinci LB Brooks, little or no mention of Bengals "rookie DT Jason Shirley probably will miss the team’s mandatory minicamp next week while he tends to DUI and hit-and-run charges", little to no mention of "Jaguars safety Gerald Sensabaugh was arrested May 30 for reckless driving in connection with an incident in which he was reportedly “doing wheelies on a motorcycle.”, not much talk if at all about Dolphins cornerback Will Allen was questioned last month in connection with an altercation in a parking lot outside a Bed Bath & Beyond store... further reports surfaced that Allen pulled a gun on someone over a gambling debt."

And that was just taking a glance at the first two pages of PFT.

Left for dead?? :thumbsup: I though she had minor injuries and walked to the ambulance?

Has anyone here actually suggested that the issue be dropped, the woman not receive any due compensation or that Lynch not be charged if in fact he is guilty?

Some of you really need to chill out and let the thing runs its course. The hysterics are a little premature.

Left for dead?? :w00t: I though she had minor injuries and walked in the ambulance?

Has anyone here actually suggested that the issue be dropped, the woman not receive any due compensation or that Lynch not be charged if in fact he is guilty?

Some of you really need to chill out and let the thing runs its course. The hysterics are a little premature.

"Left for bruised". Why quibble? :thumbsup: Either way, the Buffalo Bills are playing God with people's lives, and why the hell isn't FEMA air-dropping pallets of water to her?????