Bills Draft Review posted on NFL Draft Countdown.

I've heard this for way to many years without seeing results.

It's time to actually make significant progress and get into the playoffs.

50,000+ season ticket holders are hoping so as well. I think it's fair to expect a playoff team with the roster in place now. It could get ugly if this team stumbles.

It could be the last gasp of the "Buffalo Bills" if we don't get into the playoffs in the next 2 seasons. We could very well end up as either the new LA or Toronto team.

Negative Nelly! :rolleyes:

With their next pick Buffalo bolstered their depth at linebacker by selecting Alvin Bowen of Iowa St. "Ace", as he is known, is extremely undersized (6-1, 223)

Why do NFL "experts" keep saying this? A.J. Hawk the fifth pick in the 2006 draft is 6'1" (248), Ernie Sims taken 9th in 2006 is 6'0" (225), Chad Greenway taken 17th in 2006 is 6"2 (242), Keith Rivers taken 9th this year is 6'2" (241) and Jerod Mayo taken 10th this year is 6'1" (242). Can somebody explain why Alvin Bowen is "extremely undersized"? This isn't the only place I've heard this said about Bowen. He may be a little underweight but I think an NFL training program can add some weight to him. :thumbsup:

True, but he hasn't been saying it for years. That guys been pretty down on the Bills for a while now and never really says a whole lot of good about them or their drafts. Good to see a change in heart.

Negative Nelly! :lol:

With their next pick Buffalo bolstered their depth at linebacker by selecting Alvin Bowen of Iowa St. "Ace", as he is known, is extremely undersized (6-1, 223)

Why do NFL "experts" keep saying this? A.J. Hawk the fifth pick in the 2006 draft is 6'1" (248), Ernie Sims taken 9th in 2006 is 6'0" (225), Chad Greenway taken 17th in 2006 is 6"2 (242), Keith Rivers taken 9th this year is 6'2" (241) and Jerod Mayo taken 10th this year is 6'1" (242). Can somebody explain why Alvin Bowen is "extremely undersized"? This isn't the only place I've heard this said about Bowen. He may be a little underweight but I think an NFL training program can add some weight to him. :P

Because he's short AND underweight? Excluding Ernie Sims, the four guys you compared him to are 20 pounds heavier. That's a lot for a LB who is being blocked by 300 pounders.

Why do NFL "experts" keep saying this? A.J. Hawk the fifth pick in the 2006 draft is 6'1" (248), Ernie Sims taken 9th in 2006 is 6'0" (225), Chad Greenway taken 17th in 2006 is 6"2 (242), Keith Rivers taken 9th this year is 6'2" (241) and Jerod Mayo taken 10th this year is 6'1" (242). Can somebody explain why Alvin Bowen is "extremely undersized"? This isn't the only place I've heard this said about Bowen. He may be a little underweight but I think an NFL training program can add some weight to him. :P

Just at first glance, maybe the fact that 4 of your 5 examples are 20 lbs. heavier than he is?

Edit, Kelly beat me to it.

That was a good review, but I have to wonder about their prep work when they talk about Omon:

"With Anthony Thomas gone Buffalo really doesn't have too much to get excited about beyond Lynch so Omon could have an opportunity to compete for the #2 or #3 spot on the depth chart right away as a rookie."

They don't even mention Fred Jackson. Jackson was great last year when we needed him and I'm surprised that they didn't even mention him as being somebody to "get excited about" or as competition for the #2 or #3 RB.

Like I said, good review except for that part.

Why do NFL "experts" keep saying this? A.J. Hawk the fifth pick in the 2006 draft is 6'1" (248), Ernie Sims taken 9th in 2006 is 6'0" (225), Chad Greenway taken 17th in 2006 is 6"2 (242), Keith Rivers taken 9th this year is 6'2" (241) and Jerod Mayo taken 10th this year is 6'1" (242). Can somebody explain why Alvin Bowen is "extremely undersized"? This isn't the only place I've heard this said about Bowen. He may be a little underweight but I think an NFL training program can add some weight to him. :lol:

Not to mention, he's all muscle. His torso looks almost freakishly V shaped. It's going to be tough for him to put on that extra 20lbs that he needs to be effective in the NFL. It's one thing if you're undersized, but underdeveloped as well and able to be developed into the mold of an NFL linebacker (i.e. 6'2 245). In looking at him, he looks like his body is about as developed as it's going to get unless he can add some serious bulk.

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/pa...ls/8jo33390.jpg

If you look at him in this picture, you can see how somebody can call him undersized for an NFL linebacker. Some of the videos of him show it as well. To put it in perspective, he's the same weight as Roy Williams for the Cowboys and only an inch taller. Roy's a big safety, but would get beat down as a linebacker.

Because he's short AND underweight? Excluding Ernie Sims, the four guys you compared him to are 20 pounds heavier. That's a lot for a LB who is being blocked by 300 pounders.

Agree.

I think it is also about the "look" of the player. Poz was drafted at 6-1 230-something, only about 10lbs more than Bowen, but Bowen looks like a WR and Poz has bulk.