Anti-Bills presence at Argos training camp?

Argos notebook: Anti-Bills presence at training camp

I got a kick out of this whole article. First, the father-son duo say they are anti-Bills and want to spread their feelings. But if you read the whole section, they are selling the t-shirts for $15 a piece! Ha ha. That tells me that they are just looking to make a buck off what they hope are ant-Bills feelings. It is funny but not unusal for muck rakers to focus on one small group and try to make it seem as if they represent a much larger group.

The best for me was when the father said the CFL deserved more respect and recognition. He is quoted as saying, “Under Canadian rules in a CFL stadium a CFL team would beat a NFL team no problem.”

Now skip down a mere seven sentences. It talks about what a big deal it is for the Argos to have a former NFL receiver on their roster. Who is this superstar exciting the many Argo fans? Bethel Johnson, a guy who was cut from four NFL teams over a few months two years ago.

So my questions for you CFL fans out there are simple. First, should Argo fans hate the Bills? Second, is there a CFL team that could beat the stinkin' fish right now? Lastly, how would the Argos do against the Bills playing in Toronto under CFL rules?

Now skip down a mere seven sentences. It talks about what a big deal it is for the Argos to have a former NFL receiver on their roster. Who is this superstar exciting the many Argo fans? Bethel Johnson, a guy who was cut from four NFL teams over a few months two years ago.

Mike Vanderjagt is playing for them also.

At first I was like, peeshaw, a CFL team would lose in such a game. Then I thought about it more and thought how terrible our recent "dream teams" have done in basketball when playing under international basketball rules.

That's because our 'Dream Teams' are not in fact teams but a collection of individuals who have never played together. If we sent the NBA champs to the Olympics, they would clean house.

That's because our 'Dream Teams' are not in fact teams but a collection of individuals who have never played together. If we sent the NBA champs to the Olympics, they would clean house.

exactly... especially now that there's at least a couple of europeans each year in the NBA champion team! :lol:

" On any given day...."

So. Yeah, it could happen.

By that, do you mean something along the lines of the fact that statstics show just about anything can happen given enough chances? How many times would you think a CFL would win in 10 games? In 100 games?

By that, do you mean something along the lines of the fact that statstics show just about anything can happen given enough chances? How many times would you think a CFL would win in 10 games? In 100 games?

Wow. To many tangibles scribo, and I'm no math phenom. CFL champ against the NFL's worst team? I think the CFL champs could have beaten the Buc's in their first year in the NFL. So if the match up is right, yes.

If we sent last year's Knicks to the Olympics, they would clean house.

Wow. To many tangibles scribo, and I'm no math phenom. CFL champ against the NFL's worst team? I think the CFL champs could have beaten the Buc's in their first year in the NFL. So if the match up is right, yes.

Having watched SO MANY bad Bucs teams the CFL would have probably won years 2-10 also....... but any given Sunday Go Bucs.

:rolleyes:

How young are you? The original 1992 Dream Team rolled over everyone on their way to a gold medal in the Olympics.

Aug. 8, 1961: Hamilton Tigercats 38, Buffalo Bills 21.

As for the father-and-son act, I'm shocked -- SHOCKED !!! -- that not one of you picked up on the son's college major.

It would be like me challenging michael jordan to 1 on 1 but mike lets me make up a few dumb rules so i cant complain when I get schillacked(dunno how to spell that one).

In related news... Who gives a crap what Fargos fans think? They have about as much control over the future of the Bills as we do.

PS- Any NFL team would roll over any CFL team in a walk, regardless of field or rules.

Aug. 8, 1961: Hamilton Tigercats 38, Buffalo Bills 21.

As for the father-and-son act, I'm shocked -- SHOCKED !!! -- that not one of you picked up on the son's college major.

Excellent catch, Lori. I am so use to reading these days about people wanting to get into marketing that I just skipped over that obvious sign that Sterling Halliday should know better and likely knows enough. He should know the Bills coming to town a couple weekends a year is great for the city and should be leveraged by the Argos into a positive turn of events. Rather than worrying about losing its fans' cash to the Bills, they should trying to find ways to turn Bills fans into Argos' fans, too. And his course of study tells me he is just trying to make a buck off the situation.