Bite me, OPEC!

Don't address that to ME, address it to the person who originally made the statement about corporations wanting to make it reasonably priced and within reach of the average Joe. Clearly that's not gonna happen.

Except that person didn't make a ridiculous statement, you did. He correctly pointed out the issue of trying to find alternatives to oil, which are all still super expensive, and that the best alternatives are ways to extract the oil from other sources.

So, while you spout your daily ignorance, he made a valid point, the dependence on oil will stop when a reasonably priced alternative is found and distributed and he probably trusts the private sector better in finding it than the government.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't address that to ME, address it to the person who originally made the statement about corporations wanting to make it reasonably priced and within reach of the average Joe. Clearly that's not gonna happen.

Says a woman who drives a car that is waaaaaay out of reach by the average Joe. I love people that constantly B word about the moster but keep feeding it.

Clearly? You mean like VCRs, DVD players, Plasma screens, long lasting automobiles, etc?

Yeah, that's not ignoring history or anything.

Says a woman who drives a car that is waaaaaay out of reach by the average Joe. I love people that constantly B word about the moster but keep feeding it.

You mean the car that I've put 1500 miles on since 2006? Or my 1998 SUV with 62,000 miles on it?

Moderation works too. If people won't or can't practice it then they suffer. I fill up my truck every 6 weeks and the Benz? Who knows, it has a big gas tank, I think I may have filled it about 5 times since I got it. I take the bus, walk, or don't go before I drive.

You mean the car that I've put 1500 miles on since 2006? Or my 1998 SUV with 62,000 miles on it?

Moderation works too. If people won't or can't practice it then they suffer. I fill up my truck every 6 weeks and the Benz? Who knows, it has a big gas tank, I think I may have filled it about 5 times since I got it. I take the bus, walk, or don't go before I drive.

A true candidate for a Nobel Prize.

I'm not talking about feeding the oil monster, I'm talking about big corportations. You bought an expensive car and an SUV for...well I'm not really sure why. And then you B word about how big corporations are only out for profit and to !@#$ the little guy. At least your hypocracy is consistant.

I'm not talking about feeding the oil monster, I'm talking about big corportations. You bought an expensive car and an SUV for...well I'm not really sure why. And then you B word about how big corporations are only out for profit and to !@#$ the little guy. At least your hypocracy is consistant.

Mercedes is a not for profit organization :rolleyes:

That doesn't seem entirely fair. If we take her at her word as far as how much she uses her vehicles, she is far from a huge consumer of gas. She may have spent money on something that she doesn't need, but I don't recall her ever denying people with wealth the right to spend their money how they please. Now making huge profits, yes she has gone off on that.

So is it your contention that if you believe big business can screw over the little guy, you should avoid all products from said corporations? Again, I don't recall her saying stuff like that, so is that coming from you?

I know that's why I didn't buy one. I only work with and buy from those evil, !@#$ the little guy companies. I especially love them in my 401k and IRAs.

The GL 500 is nice, hits 0-60 pretty quickly for a 4 ton 100K truck.

That doesn't seem entirely fair. If we take her at her word as far as how much she uses her vehicles, she is far from a huge consumer of gas. She may have spent money on something that she doesn't need, but I don't recall her ever denying people with wealth the right to spend their money how they please. Now making huge profits, yes she has gone off on that.

So is it your contention that if you believe big business can screw over the little guy, you should avoid all products from said corporations? Again, I don't recall her saying stuff like that, so is that coming from you?

How in your right mind B word about companies for screwing the little guy and then write them a check. You don't see that as being hypocritical?

Bought 'em used from private parties. Sorry to rain on your parade. The big corporations got their money from someone else, not me.