Trent Edwards

Guest dog14787

Guest dog14787

Being a huge J.P. Losman fan like I am, I've been pretty low key about Trent Edwards, but that doesn't mean I'm not very excited about Trent Edwards. The maturity Edwards shows and the calm and confidence Edwards instills in the young team around him is something you cannot gauge or put a price tag on. Trent Edwards is a born leader, if the offense follows his example they will become unstoppable.

All the pieces to the puzzle are in place and the mighty Turk means business fella's, lets do it :thumbsup:

Something good is brewing in Buffalo, something real good, can ya feel it!!!! :lol:

Yeah because JP couldn't do in in 4 seasons, but Trent is supposed to do it in his 1st rookie season which reall isn't his rookie season, but using JP apologist logic last year was Jp's real rookie season, since every other year he was messed with or injured so they didn't count. Once he got a full season of starts the next season was his real rookie year. So Trent is still at least one year from his real rookie season. this is only a practice rookie season. we'll let you know when he really is a rookie, so then we can start the clock on whether he is a bust or not. Of course he'll need at least 2 years beyond his real rookie season before anything can be expected of him. After all fair is fair.

Yeah because JP couldn't do in in 4 seasons, but Trent is supposed to do it in his 1st rookie season which reall isn't his rookie season, but using JP apologist logic last year was Jp's real rookie season, since every other year he was messed with or injured so they didn't count. Once he got a full season of starts the next season was his real rookie year. So Trent is still at least one year from his real rookie season. this is only a practice rookie season. we'll let you know when he really is a rookie, so then we can start the clock on whether he is a bust or not. Of course he'll need at least 2 years beyond his real rookie season before anything can be expected of him. After all fair is fair.

dick post, but actually pretty funny :thumbsup:

Don't you know he is already a bust....... :thumbsup:

GO BILLS!

None of that is true, since applying your Say-Anything-To-Finally-Be-Right-About-Something logic, at this moment Trent is a two-year vet, much like JP was a four-year vet during last year's OTAs.

How soon we forget.

So I don't get it... You don't like JP, you don't seem to think Trent did anything in his rookie season, but by what you said, since he was hurt, this is his rookie season ("messed with or injured" last season)? So, since he gets two practice seasons before his real rookie season, do you expect him to do anything this year? Are you saying that because Trent got hurt fo rpart of the year last year that this should be his new rookie season and we shouldn't expect anything out of a rookie!?

It was apparently the head coach's decision to hire a "rookie" OC rather than bring in someone with a better resume. His decision also (so he says) to put in a rookie QB. He must feel that both of these are upgrades over what was in place, so no, they don't get a pass. I've never heard Jauron say that we as fans should expect the quarterbacking and offensive scheme to take a step back while they build for the future so I expect immediate and improved results. We should have plenty of confidence that Jauron (who has been around the league a while) knows exactly what he is doing and wouldn't put the teams performance at risk with personnel changes. We have every reason to believe that the Bills will be much improved offensively this year with these two changes.

Something good is brewing in Buffalo, something real good, can ya feel it!!!! :unsure:

I've thought the same thing the past 10 years.

and i feel the same this year. here's to hoping we're finally right :blink:

IMHO ...... the original poster wasn't trying to say if T. E. doesn't make the play-offs he'd be considered a "Bust" .......

I think he/she used that phrase in the sense the "old timers" would hang a sign on the back of their wagon prior to a long trip along the lines of ...... "California or bust" to signify a determination to attain a specific goal. Kind of like saying the Bills will make the playoffs or kill themselves trying.

Guest dog14787
IMHO ...... the original poster wasn't trying to say if T. E. doesn't make the play-offs he'd be considered a "Bust" .......

I think he/she used that phrase in the sense the "old timers" would hang a sign on the back of their wagon prior to a long trip along the lines of ...... "California or bust" to signify a determination to attain a specific goal. Kind of like saying the Bills will make the playoffs or kill themselves trying.

Why Thank you macaroni, for explaining to some of the folks what I (he) means by bust. I'm not referring to T.E.

I will say this though, the city of Buffalo is on a short fuse when it comes to the success of the Buffalo Bills. Heads could roll if we do not reach the playoffs this year and I Imagine Jaurons head would be at the top of the list.

There's gold in them hills boys, just gotta find it :blink:

It doesn't always have to be a debate about JP Losman vs. Trent Edwards, how about rooting for both of them. Its real easy to do, and if you think about it, it makes perfect sense. :unsure:

I'd imagine that was what the original poster was getting at. Not sure why some people get so defensive/touchy when Edwards' name is mentioned.

Being a huge J.P. Losman fan like I am, I've been pretty low key about Trent Edwards, but that doesn't mean I'm not very excited about Trent Edwards. The maturity Edwards shows and the calm and confidence Edwards instills in the young team around him is something you cannot gauge or put a price tag on. Trent Edwards is a born leader, if the offense follows his example they will become unstoppable.

All the pieces to the puzzle are in place and the mighty Turk means business fella's, lets do it :thumbsup:

Something good is brewing in Buffalo, something real good, can ya feel it!!!! :w00t:

:blink::blink::rolleyes:

Maybe you should change the title... It indicates that Trent only gets this season to prove himself.

After the first 5 words ... I had a feeling anything after has to be biased. But your post is Pro Edwards... so huh????

Guest dog14787
:rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

Maybe you should change the title... It indicates that Trent only gets this season to prove himself.

After the first 5 words ... I had a feeling anything after has to be biased. But your post is Pro Edwards... so huh????

Sorry to confuse you, no I was not reffering to Trent Edwards, but to the Buffalo Bills organization as a whole. Anything less then the playoffs is unacceptable. However Trent Edwards will play a crucial role in making the playoffs, his talent, brains and leadership will help get us there. thumbsup:

Leadership on the offense, something thats been missing since the days of Jim Kelly. :rolleyes:

Sorry to confuse you, no I was not reffering to Trent Edwards, but to the Buffalo Bills organization as a whole. Anything less then the playoffs is unacceptable. However Trent Edwards will play a crucial role in making the playoffs, his talent, brains and leadership will help get us there. thumbsup:

Leadership on the offense, something thats been missing since the days of Jim Kelly. :lol:

EVERY QB plays a crutial role!!!

Yes, I would love to see a playoff game. And because of the schedule I expect it. BUT my criteria isn't hidden behind an "I love JP" motive. As long as Trent improves and doesn't show a lack of progress like Losman did then I'm willing to accept the end results.

by a former JP Supporter.