Worst QB Combos...

I thought this was funny (and true.) I was a little worried at first, because the media loves to take shots at the Bills. But we're not on the list.

LINK

I would also like to add the Jets to that list. Pennington is washed up and Clemens doesn't look like the real-deal they thought he would be. Other than that, I agree 100%.

Thoughts?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm crazy but I'd rather have Young-Collins than Edwards-Losman, at least at this point.

I hope you are joking...

I can't stand Vince Young. I think he's a horrible QB and watching and listening to him in the media these days, obviously he's not the brightest guy either. I'd rather have Craig Nall over Vince Young. I like Collins though.

I hope you are joking...

I can't stand Vince Young. I think he's a horrible QB and watching and listening to him in the media these days, obviously he's not the brightest guy either. I'd rather have Craig Nall over Vince Young. I like Collins though.

He got his team pointed into the playoffs last year. That's something. And he tore something up in his leg after mid-season.

I watched him in CINs' game 10 - he was giving what he had, but certainly was very hobbled.

It's too soon to close the book on him IMO.

I hope you are joking...

Scored 6 on the Wunderlic Test, remember? No, he's not very bright. Mario Manningham, WR from Michigan, got the same score.

call me whatever you all want, but I think if Pennington changed teams I think he would have a few decent years left. I think him being in NY is just not working out. Ya know there have been a few times where Chad Pennington tore this Bills team apart.

call me whatever you all want, but I think if Pennington changed teams I think he would have a few decent years left. I think him being in NY is just not working out. Ya know there have been a few times where Chad Pennington tore this Bills team apart.

There's not a qb in the league I feel more comfortable playing against then chad pennington. He's incredibly smart, and has a field presence, he lacks some serious physical skills mostly due to his shoulder injuries. However chad pennington has had a few good games vs the bills. but these career stats hardly suggest he's "tore us up".

vs Buffalo 8 80.8 154 233 66.1 1540 192.5 6.6 6 7

sacked 17 times with 7 fumbles

record vs buffalo 3-5

best game- 5 Oct 10 BUF W 16-14 91.8 31 42 304 7.2 41 1 1 - 2004

Now look at his numbers vs other divisional opponents

vs Miami 9 96.4 131 211 62.1 1478 164.2 7.0 11 2

sacked 16 times with 2 fumbles

record vs miami- 7-2

vs New England 9 78.2 176 281 62.6 1792 199.1 6.4 9 9

sacked 23 times with 4 fumbles

record vs ne- 2-7

In closing. I just tend to get annoyed by this perception of what chad pennington is/isn't. He's a qb with mental accumen, who simply lacks the ability to win close games on the field, and the very last qb I'd want if my team had to move the ball 60+ yards in under 2 minutes, without all 3 timeouts. As long as the jets keep fooling themselves thinking he's their answer the better it will be for us. Kellen Clemens may in fact be worse then pennington, but we know what we're getting vs him. That my friend is something I'll take 2 times a year.

Maybe I'm crazy but I'd rather have Young-Collins than Edwards-Losman, at least at this point.

Of course Young is by far superior to either of our QBs.Thats not even debatable.He is a winner--altho not in the classic QB style.

That's right, Edwards has had plenty of time to proven himself and just hasn't yet. What gives?

Where in my post did I even imply he did have enough time? He's unproven...simple as that. He showed some poise...but also showed a propensity of staring down his receivers.