Gene Hackman

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there was a time Gene Hackman was overexposed. Dennis Miller did a bit(I paraphrase)- "My God, is Gene Hackman in every other movie? I watched my wedding video the other day, and I will be damned, Gene Hackman was in it"

there was a time Gene Hackman was overexposed. Dennis Miller did a bit(I paraphrase)- "My God, is Gene Hackman in every other movie? I watched my wedding video the other day, and I will be damned, Gene Hackman was in it"

:D

I remember that. But Hackman hasn't been around in a while.

Jimmy "Popeye" Doyle. :D

Some of you Yutes should rent The French Connection.

Or The Conversation, which is a vastly underrated film. It's one of the best films of the 1970s, which was one of the best decades in terms of movies.

:D

I remember that. But Hackman hasn't been around in a while.

Gene Hackman is now 78. Apparently, he's at least semi-retired. I only hear him doing commercials for Lowe's these days.

In the film "PCU", a student does his senior thesis proving that either Gene Hackman or Michael Caine are in every single film ever made. :D

BTW...Gene Hackman is underrated. Maybe the best supporting actor ever.

I would argue that Royal Tenenbaum was the biggest piece of crap movie known to mankind, but then someone would mention Flirting With Disaster and my argument would lose.

I'm one of the few who didn't care for that one either....I can't believe how many people loved it.

Gene Hackman is now 78. Apparently, he's at least semi-retired. I only hear him doing commercials for Lowe's these days.

In the film "PCU", a student does his senior thesis proving that either Gene Hackman or Michael Caine are in every single film ever made. :D

BTW...Gene Hackman is underrated. Maybe the best supporting actor ever.

He still does the voice-overs for Oppenheimer Funds, too.

The PCU thesis was that you could go a continuous 24 hours on basic cable television and never be without either a Hackman or Caine movie. The clincher was "A Bridge Too Far" which had both (among many, many others). Wow, Jeremy Piven, Jon Favreau, David Spade and George Clinton... surprised it isn't a bigger cult classic. Then I remember... it wasn't that great.

Hackman is in a few movies that I can catch at any time and be hooked: Crimson Tide, The Firm, & Runaway Jury. Trivia: He and Dustin Hoffman were roommates way back in the day, but Runaway Jury was the first time they had ever had a scene together on screen.

Oh, and don't forget Hoosiers.

He still does the voice-overs for Oppenheimer Funds, too.

The PCU thesis was that you could go a continuous 24 hours on basic cable television and never be without either a Hackman or Caine movie. The clincher was "A Bridge Too Far" which had both (among many, many others). Wow, Jeremy Piven, Jon Favreau, David Spade and George Clinton... surprised it isn't a bigger cult classic. Then I remember... it wasn't that great.

Hackman is in a few movies that I can catch at any time and be hooked: Crimson Tide, The Firm, & Runaway Jury. Trivia: He and Dustin Hoffman were roommates way back in the day, but Runaway Jury was the first time they had ever had a scene together on screen.

Oh, and don't forget Hoosiers.

"Mr.Hunter, I've made a decision. I'm Captain of this boat. NOW SHUT THE F*** UP!!!"

He was also very good in Enemy of the State. I read an article on the filming of that movie. They were on location, and both Will Smith and Hackman were talking in front of some onlookers, and one kid yelled out, "Look, it's the guy who punched Denzel!" Hackman pulled Smith aside and asked him, "Is that good or bad?" Smith replied, "It's good." :D

Dennis Miller? Overrated! :D

:D Very true.