I think the Bills will miss the Playoffs again- Hear me out

The source is a douchebag, but the topic is still interesting for the rest of us to debate. I find it interesting that most of us (including myslef) see the bills as a 10+ win team right now, but most non-bills fans dont. I mean there are teams like the pats and colts that everyone knows are playoff teams and teams like the phins and the falcons that everyone knows aren't. But no one really knows what to think of the bills. Vegas has the over/under for wins at 7.5, so I think that's a decent guage of what the general public thinks of our squad. As I mentioned before, I'm sure when fans of teams like the cardinals, broncos, and seahawks see the bills on their schedule they probably look at it as an automatic W, but any of us would be disappointed if they didn't win at least 2 out of those 3. I know jets fans that see last year as an abberation and think they will take at least 1 game from us this year. I know this topic has been discussed on this board many times already, but its May, so there's not that much else to talk about, so why not.

You're right. I grew up around Steelers fans, and I'm now surrounded by Bears fans; and trust me, fans of other teams do NOT take the Bills seriously. Here's where I give props to the new regime though, because Buffalonians have quietly embraced the notion of being the NFL's "below the radar" team.

Having said that, I disagree with your Jets predictions. J-E-T-S spells sweep. The Dolphins on the other hand, I see us splitting that series. That's right. I said it.

The 2008 Dolphins = The 2006 Bills. The organization has pressed "reset," and now they're younger and hungrier and on the rebound from a historic debacle.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Willis: Your coach, and your team, will always be burdened by the fact that he systematically cheated.

And as for you, what's it like being a d*ck?

He meets a lot of A-holes.

You're right. I grew up around Steelers fans, and I'm now surrounded by Bears fans; and trust me, fans of other teams do NOT take the Bills seriously. Here's where I give props to the new regime though, because Buffalonians have quietly embraced the notion of being the NFL's "below the radar" team.

Having said that, I disagree with your Jets predictions. J-E-T-S spells sweep. The Dolphins on the other hand, I see us splitting that series. That's right. I said it.

The 2008 Dolphins = The 2006 Bills. The organization has pressed "reset," and now they're younger and hungrier and on the rebound from a historic debacle.

Willis' twin brother?

Not my predictions, jets fans predictions. I think we will sweep the jets, and I will be there at the meadowlands when the fans leave at the start of the 4th quarter to protest kellen clemens like they did last year to protest pennington.

2 losses to Pats

Split w. Jets ( I know you guys think you are far better but it will be very close and the Jets have the edge in coaching)

L to Browns (they are far better)

L to Jags

L to Chargers

L to Broncos

L to Arizona

Possible split w. Miami (although the odds are the Bills will won both- One will be a squeaker)

Best possible record- 9-7 (probablty won't be good enough to make it)

Notes:

Trent has an average arm- All Evans can do is go deep

Retread coach

Oh so cute. It can talk now. :D:wallbash: Goo Goo gah Gah my Gigapet

My opinion is that we beat the Jets twice as well as AZ.

And also that you have a tiny, shriveled balls.

Agree fully with this.

I think we'll do in the Broncos and Jags.

And the Balls.

How many of you guys have seen each others balls? And are these really OPINIONS?

How many of you guys have seen each others balls? And are these really OPINIONS?

No you missed out the thread where we linked pictures of our balls and dicks to compare size. Frankly, that is one those great threads that may be better off being deleted with the great crash of '08.

No you missed out the thread where we linked pictures of our balls and dicks to compare size. Frankly, that is one those great threads that may be better off being deleted with the great crash of '08.

Amazing. I am laughing so hard I can't believe it. Really.

Good to see some humor here, I'm glad the board is getting healthy, I'm almost coughing up up lung!

• 2 weeks later...
2 losses to Pats

Split w. Jets ( I know you guys think you are far better but it will be very close and the Jets have the edge in coaching)

L to Browns (they are far better)

L to Jags

L to Chargers

L to Broncos

L to Arizona

Possible split w. Miami (although the odds are the Bills will won both- One will be a squeaker)

Best possible record- 9-7 (probablty won't be good enough to make it)

Notes:

Trent has an average arm- All Evans can do is go deep

Retread coach

I don't agree with your actual breakdown of how we would miss out of the play-offs but I wouldn't be shocked with your end results though neither.

Who are the Bills going to pass to get into the playoffs in 2008?

There are 6 playoff berths. Patriots, Colts, Chargers are in barring unexpected implosions. The next tier has the Steelers and Jaguars. They've had some changes, but are overall pretty stable and good teams. That leaves 1 spot.

So, we have the Titans, Texans, Browns, Broncos, and Bills in the middle of the pack. And, who's to say some lower team won't get it turned around in a hurry? The Ravens have some talent if they can get any consistent QB play. How about the Chiefs, Raiders, Bengals, Jets, or Dolphins? The Jets might surprise again. The Bengals have talent. If they can clean up their mess, who knows? The Raiders, Chiefs, and Dolphins are in major rebuilding mode.

Who are the Bills going to pass to get into the playoffs in 2008?

There are 6 playoff berths. Patriots, Colts, Chargers are in barring unexpected implosions. The next tier has the Steelers and Jaguars. They've had some changes, but are overall pretty stable and good teams. That leaves 1 spot.

So, we have the Titans, Texans, Browns, Broncos, and Bills in the middle of the pack. And, who's to say some lower team won't get it turned around in a hurry? The Ravens have some talent if they can get any consistent QB play. How about the Chiefs, Raiders, Bengals, Jets, or Dolphins? The Jets might surprise again. The Bengals have talent. If they can clean up their mess, who knows? The Raiders, Chiefs, and Dolphins are in major rebuilding mode.

The only teams I see as absolutes are the Patriots and Colts from that list......

- The Chargers are due for a let down.....and over time they have lost a lot of their depth. I could easily see them missing the playoffs......

- The Jags should be better then they actually are.....we ALMOST beat them last year. Marcus Stroud is going to have a big chip on his shoulder for that one.

Lets keep in mind that this team was in contention for a wildcard right up till the end......with the most injuries I have EVER seen and a QB conterversy through most of the year.....playing smoke and mirrors on both offense and defense unable to stop the run and no legit threat to keep teams from focusing on Lynch and Evans

I see us in a wildcard spot this year.

The Bills SHOULD be improved over last year. I mean they signed some key guys (Mitchell and Stroud). If those guys play up to what they have been and stay fairly healthy,plus guys like POZ comming back.Also with the talent from the draft,how can you not get excited about this team if you are a true fan.I am just like the rest of you and have been suckered back in too many times over the last 8 years. But i really do believe with all the young talent that got time last year plus some other signings ( believe Willie James in the secondary is a nice little pick up too), the Bills are an improving team.

As far as the record goes we all have no idea. Hell everyone thinks the Pats and Colts are already a forgone conclusion,but what happens if Brady or Manning were to get injured.Then those two teams just got very beatable. Tha NFL is all about which team makes it thru the year with the least amount of big injuries. Look at SD last year...one could make a strong arguement that if LT, Rivers, and Gates are 100% maybe the outcome is different. I dont know about you guys but the Pats started looking really old near the end of the season last year. All good things must come to and end at some time....ask Rick Dutrow what he thinks today about an "unbeatable".

Lets just keep our fingers crossed that the injury plague knocks on someone elses door this year. I will line our Starting line up right now against anyone and feel as if we have a fighters chance. The OC has a lot to show us all,but if he comes thru then just maybe in January we are not talking about the Draft but how well we will match up against our Playoff opponent. Alot of maybes and what ifs right now but heck thats what everyone is doing at this point in the year...its all just speculation.

Personally, I think we are significantly better than last year- but we had to WAY overachieve to win 7 games. If you want to talk about playoffs, look at weaknesses, not strengths.

1. Rookie QB- Edwards looked good last year, but he is NOT a veteran QB, like some want to believe. He had growing pains late last year, and it will be tougher this season as opponents have more film on him. I think he will be even in TD's to INT's or up to -2, which still is pretty good. ANother thing is that Edwards is more likely to beatthe blitz with a short pass and hae the WR break a long play than throw the home run ball- which gives less of a chance of a big play, particularly at this stage of his career.

2. Offensive Weapons- We are relying on Hardy to be the major upgrade on offense, although 1-2 of the new tight ends will probably fill that role. Hardy is a rookie WR, and while their have been exceptions, rookie WR's usually don't light it up.

3. Offensive line- Last seasons' line may be the best since our playoff run (which was in steady decline since 1993). While better, it still isn't great. Fowler isn't good, and we have no potential replacement yet. Walker, while serviceable was a liability most of the time in the running game.

4. Blitz pickup- Our RB's clearly have to get better in this department or teams will come after Edwards even more.

5. Run defense- starting unit and depth are better, but still probably average.

OK, to sum it up- problems on both lines that will hamper our running game and let the other team run, and a young QB with backs that struggle to pick up the blitz. The weaknesses line up too much- barring some really good luck, I see an improved team this season but no playoffs. Not even a guarantee as many wins as last year.

Personally, I think we are significantly better than last year- but we had to WAY overachieve to win 7 games. If you want to talk about playoffs, look at weaknesses, not strengths.

1. Rookie QB- Edwards looked good last year, but he is NOT a veteran QB, like some want to believe. He had growing pains late last year, and it will be tougher this season as opponents have more film on him. I think he will be even in TD's to INT's or up to -2, which still is pretty good. ANother thing is that Edwards is more likely to beatthe blitz with a short pass and hae the WR break a long play than throw the home run ball- which gives less of a chance of a big play, particularly at this stage of his career.

2. Offensive Weapons- We are relying on Hardy to be the major upgrade on offense, although 1-2 of the new tight ends will probably fill that role. Hardy is a rookie WR, and while their have been exceptions, rookie WR's usually don't light it up.

3. Offensive line- Last seasons' line may be the best since our playoff run (which was in steady decline since 1993). While better, it still isn't great. Fowler isn't good, and we have no potential replacement yet. Walker, while serviceable was a liability most of the time in the running game.

4. Blitz pickup- Our RB's clearly have to get better in this department or teams will come after Edwards even more.

5. Run defense- starting unit and depth are better, but still probably average.

OK, to sum it up- problems on both lines that will hamper our running game and let the other team run, and a young QB with backs that struggle to pick up the blitz. The weaknesses line up too much- barring some really good luck, I see an improved team this season but no playoffs. Not even a guarantee as many wins as last year.

1)Rookie QB? Trent WAS a rookie LAST YEAR. He got serious playing time last year & is a 2 year VET THIS YEAR, with his old QB coach as OC, using the same terminology he learned as a rookie. The long ball is not Trents forte, he should do well playing like Chad Pennington before he got injured. The HATERS all called JP a 4 year vet last year despite the fact he only threw a handful of passes his rookie year, played for NUMEROUS coaches & different systems his 1st three years. 2) If Hardy plays as well as Evans did his rookie year he will be fine. Should help in the red zone if nothing else. 3) I agree pretty much. 4) Turk is going to use more three step drops that should help with the blitz. 5) With Stroud & a healthy Poz run D should be much improved from last year.

I feel like the HULK

Uh Willissssss, you just jumped over another posters question:

What's it like to root for a serial cheat?

kj

I didn't

Go buy a ShamWoW and wash yourself. Betcha I can still smell the odor down here in Iggle ville.