INterested in seeing Rothelsberger

DevilsAlum

Enjoy.  He can play.  Big Ben & Duce have given the Steelers their swagger back (unfortunately, that's also the case with JutJaw himself, Scower Cowher).

73003[/snapback]

I almost don't wan't to watch the game. If BR plays well all I'm going to think about is the coulda, woulda, shoulda with last years draft. :devil:

I almost don't wan't to watch the game. If BR plays well all I'm going to think about is the coulda, woulda, shoulda with last years draft.  :devil:

73011[/snapback]

Yep, Ben is pretty good. 4 for 4 and a TD on their 1st drive. I'll never forget screaming at the TV on draft day for the Bills to trade up over Pitt to draft him. I said it then, I'll say it now. He was the best player to come out of the '04 draft.

Oh JP....I hope you're for real!

We've got the game down here in Atlanta, too.......Big Ben is a player! I don't know about Pitts' defense, but their O has some talent. Big Ben has a similar build to Bledsoe, but looks like he brings more to the table. He's got the same stong arm, but he sets up quicker and is much more mobile. Seems to be very patient and is not easily rattled. Nice pick for the Stillers!

we'd have never had rothlesghbfirgr. Well, i'll take that back, we'd have traded next years #1 pick for him and still would have been 1-4 with him on the bench. It would have been the exact same situation, except we'd be giving pittsburgh the #1 pick instead of dallas.

Anyone else get excited seeing the Cowpokes play the Stillers? My earliest memory of a superbowl was these two teams......something about it just gets me fired up.

Ben looks awesome! Parcells said Ben was the best QB prospect he has seen in 15 years. He has incredible poise and confidence. He has a little of Kellys swagger and Favre's improv skills. Watching this game and seeing how efficient Ben is its incredible Ben is a rookie.

we'd have never had rothlesghbfirgr.  Well, i'll take that back, we'd have traded next years #1 pick for him and still would have been 1-4 with him on the bench.  It would have been the exact same situation, except we'd be giving pittsburgh the #1 pick instead of dallas.

73047[/snapback]

Nah, we would have had to trade into the top 10 to pick up Roth. If we traded up, we would have lost our 13 pick, and probably a 2nd rounder too. Would have gotten Roth, but woul have lost out on Evans.

Time will tell which QB is the best out of this bunch, but remember...Maddox had a great year too. ONE. I think Ben will be a very good QB in the NFL, but I think JP will be also.

Could you possibly imagine how embarrassing it must've been for Jones to listen to all those Stiller fans in his own house? I was stunned at how their cheering was so dominant.

75905[/snapback]

I wasn't.

Steeler fans will travel to see their team. In most cases, that's the only way to see their team as their wait list for season tickets is over a decade long and the best way to get individual seats is through a ticket broker because of the stupid lottery system they have for issuing individual game tickets.

Before M&T Stadium was built and the Ravens played their first 2 seasons at Memorial Stadium, the Ravens-Steelers games looked more like home games for Pittsburgh with their fans all over the place (like the Dallas game last weekend). With the new stadium being built and being almost all season tickets, they've gone through great pains to give their team the ultimate home field advantage.

I wasn't.

Steeler fans will travel to see their team.  In most cases, that's the only way to see their team as their wait list for season tickets is over a decade long and the best way to get individual seats is through a ticket broker because of the stupid lottery system they have for issuing individual game tickets.

Before M&T Stadium was built and the Ravens played their first 2 seasons at Memorial Stadium, the Ravens-Steelers games looked more like home games for Pittsburgh with their fans all over the place (like the Dallas game last weekend).  With the new stadium being built and being almost all season tickets, they've gone through great pains to give their team the ultimate home field advantage.

75929[/snapback]

You're absolutely right. No matter where I've lived, Steeler backers were everywhere...and dominant. Somehow I just figured that Jones would try to snuff that out strictly because of the type of owner he is. I used to love the days when they'd start losing, and he'd go down to the sideline...like it was going to help. :o