Ted Kennedy airlifted to hospital

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry about your liberal, Tenny doesn't fly anymore so that's one less bad pilot to crash.

Not worried about Teddy... He seems to have survived the "Kennedy Curse?"

Plane crash early in life, broken back.

Car crash, chick comes up dead.

In all seriousness... I think it is the Joe Kennedy thing... As the youngest he was always forced to sink or swim (no pun indended) on his own (within more reason than the other coddled Kennedy's).

I guess it really says something about who can literally survive and who can't as "motherment" goes... Motherment which basically had its beginnings in the Kennedy clan and carried on into society and how Americans raise their children.

By no means am I a fan of the Kennedys when it comes to these issues!

:unsure:

That is a classic Wacka... You sound like my Polish grandmother or something she would say!

:blink::lol:

I do agree though... Has any Kennedy really worked a day in their life?

Patrick Kennedy, but that was before the Civil War

That is a classic Wacka... You sound like my Polish grandmother or something she would say!

:blink::lol:

I do agree though... Has any Kennedy really worked a day in their life?

I meant that as do any politicians really work .

I suppose getting shot down and killed serving your country in WWII doesn't count?

:ph34r:

As opposed to be a grunt at Guadalcanal? What is your point? Did they ever see Joe Jr. or even find his wreckage over Europe?... For all we know, he could have pulled a John John...

They all served and that is good enough... Joe Jr. and JFK basically served to clear their father's name when Sr. was ambass to England in the late 30's.

So, ya... They didn't work as hard.

Volkswagon had a commercial where they drove a beetle into water amd it floated. National Lampoon put a parody ad in the magazine with that picture and the caption "If ted Kennedy drove a Volkswagon, he'd be President today. "

They got sued by both Kennedy and Volkswagon.

As opposed to be a grunt at Guadalcanal? What is your point? Did they ever see Joe Jr. or even find his wreckage over Europe?... For all we know, he could have pulled a John John...

They all served and that is good enough... Joe Jr. and JFK basically served to clear their father's name when Sr. was ambass to England in the late 30's.

So, ya... They didn't work as hard.

Joe Jr. was on a worn-out B-24 converted (not an easy plane to fly, by any stretch of the imagination) to a guided bomb, packed with ten tons of explosives. The operational usage, as I recall, was that the pilots would get the plane airborne and sent towards the target, then bail out while a chase plane remotely guided it in to the target. Again, as I recall, Joe Jr's plane blew itself to pieces over the English Channel - in front of witnesses, no 'chutes. I'm pretty sure he didn't pull a John John. (Note: it was shortly afterwards that the USAAF said "Hey, maybe this whole 'bailing out of a 20,000-lb bomb' idea isn't all that hot.'")

And Jack Kennedy was in PT Boats in the Solomons (in mid-1943, probably based in Munda or Rendova). That's not far off from being a grunt on Guadalcanal - except that unlike 1903 Springfield rifle, the PT boats armament didn't even !@#$ing work!!! (Seriously...unlike the "but Humvees are unarmored!" bull sh-- a few years ago, the story of US torpedos in WWII is truly criminally negligent).

So yeah...I'd say both Kennedys worked pretty hard during the war.