Howard Stern vs Dolly Parton

Buftex

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lighten up.

William Shatner was on yesterday and he played his bit with Shatner's latest audio book. Shatner was a hoot. Of course he went into the "Homo Room" with Stern when he was on regular radio. George Takei, who is also on often has laughed at this bit with him.

Truly pathetic, that audio was horrible.

:devil: Relax dude. The whole point of the bit is that they're obviously splicing clips together to make her say outrageous things. It's not their intent to contrive perfect audio and hope people actually believe she said these things. It's a joke, consider laughing every once in a while.

"Johnny Carson had a dark black **** that hung down to his knees, and he used to whip the young boys in the face, while burt reynolds would suck their !@#$s"

Ok so that is mildly amusing. :devil: really, Stern is crude and not serious about his shtick. Now if it was Imus, there might be a case.

You morons realize the audio is purposely supposed to sound poorly spliced, right?

Dolly needs to frigging lighten up. She, along with most of you, don't get the joke, (especially anyone who commented on the bad splicing).

You morons realize the audio is purposely supposed to sound poorly spliced, right?

Dolly needs to frigging lighten up. She, along with most of you, don't get the joke, (especially anyone who commented on the bad splicing).

Hahaha exactly. Howard even cracked up once when Robin couldn't understand one of the sound bites...He said, "You try cutting these things together."

They do it all the time. My juvenile sense of humor almost always finds it funny. They had some hilarious ones a few years back where they spliced some George Tekai interviews together. "My neighbor in Denver was a lengthy black teenager." They used to use them to prank call people a lot.

They are a low-brow, parody radio show. Take it for what it is and laugh, or just don't listen.

Its not even funny and obviously very edited. Stern really needs to get a fresh shtick.

see that's why i put in the thread title "Howard Stern vs Dolly Parton...." it really amazes me why people feel compelled to make disparaging comments on things they do not care about or do not like...or I guess "hate". But if you must you must, thanks for the contribution and even more so, bumping this thread up for even more exposure. :devil:

They are a low-brow, parody radio show. Take it for what it is and laugh, or just don't listen.

No, that's not right. All the holier-than-thous on the board think that us Stern Fans think this is high brow humor, and that we must make **** jokes all day at work.

Mind you, we don't post in their BattleStar Galatica threads about how much of a !@#$ing dork you'd have to be to watch that show.

But I digress... :devil:

My wife and I both thought it was funny as hell. Irreverent? Sure. Also funny as hell.

My wife and I both thought it was funny as hell. Irreverent? Sure. Also funny as hell.

Holy sh--. When I saw your name at the end of this thread, the response you gave was the exact opposite of what I was expecting! :devil:

See, if AD can laugh at a Stern Show bit, ANYONE can!!

Holy sh--. When I saw your name at the end of this thread, the response you gave was the exact opposite of what I was expecting! :devil:

See, if AD can laugh at a Stern Show bit, ANYONE can!!

I probably have the most open sense of humor of anyone you've ever met. And I've probably been listening to Howard for as long as you've been alive - though not as much since he moved to satellite.

So color me not sure as to why you'd say that...

I probably have the most open sense of humor of anyone you've ever met. And I've probably been listening to Howard for as long as you've been alive - though not as much since he moved to satellite.

So color me not sure as to why you'd say that...

I wasn't questioning whether you had a sense of humor or not. I was painting you with the broad stroke that would include those that constantly thread crap any threat about Stern with their statements of how childish it is, etc, etc. when in reality, mixed into the fart and **** jokes, there is some pretty quality comedy.