James Hardy

Reality is jumbled these days cale. I'm all for fans of a team or the front office to come up with some rah-rah BS to explain off the situation. What I would like afterwards is the fans admit that it is rah-rah BS. People here are defending Hardy like they are some ambulance chasing lawyer. Do you think the Bills front office is 100% with all this. HELL NO! I think when Dick Jauron heard the news, even he went "Aw F#@K".

Let's try to translate this situation into another grimey area. Let's say everyone here is one big happy family, and the Buffalo Bills as a whole are our brother. Well it seems as if our Brother was interested in this girl and started dating her without anyone knowing. Things started to get a little serious over time, and our Brother thought this girl could be the one he's been waiting for. He proposes to her and she accepts.

Now here's the thing about the girl......she has been working as a stripper the last 4 years. She says she only dances on stage, and sometimes will do a lapdance if the guy looks presentable. Word got around though that she was doing favors in the back room. Now...she tells our brother that dancing is in the past and people were blowing a situation out of proportion so to speak. Our Brother accepts that as fact and puts the ring on her finger.

Three weeks ago our Brother brings the girl to a big family party to meet everyone. He tells the rest of his family about her history. Some are fully supportive and trust Brother's judgement, some don't feel very good about the situation but are willing to give everyone a second chance, and some think that Brother has lost his mind and is only asking for heartache.

Fast forward three weeks. Brother gets home early from work and walks into the bedroom where he sees his best friend pulling up his pants, and his fiance is in her bra and panties.

This is obviously an innocent event and it should be clear to everybody that the friend came over to drop off something he borrowed, the fiancee brought out a pitcher of Cherry Kool-Aid and offered the friend a drink, and she spilled the pitcher all over the two of them as she was pouring, so they had to get their clothes off so the stain wouldn't set in.

Now who here would believe that????

I wouldn't. Grape Kool-Aid stains, not Cherry.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reality is jumbled these days cale. I'm all for fans of a team or the front office to come up with some rah-rah BS to explain off the situation. What I would like afterwards is the fans admit that it is rah-rah BS. People here are defending Hardy like they are some ambulance chasing lawyer. Do you think the Bills front office is 100% with all this. HELL NO! I think when Dick Jauron heard the news, even he went "Aw F#@K".

Let's try to translate this situation into another grimey area. Let's say everyone here is one big happy family, and the Buffalo Bills as a whole are our brother. Well it seems as if our Brother was interested in this girl and started dating her without anyone knowing. Things started to get a little serious over time, and our Brother thought this girl could be the one he's been waiting for. He proposes to her and she accepts.

Now here's the thing about the girl......she has been working as a stripper the last 4 years. She says she only dances on stage, and sometimes will do a lapdance if the guy looks presentable. Word got around though that she was doing favors in the back room. Now...she tells our brother that dancing is in the past and people were blowing a situation out of proportion so to speak. Our Brother accepts that as fact and puts the ring on her finger.

Three weeks ago our Brother brings the girl to a big family party to meet everyone. He tells the rest of his family about her history. Some are fully supportive and trust Brother's judgement, some don't feel very good about the situation but are willing to give everyone a second chance, and some think that Brother has lost his mind and is only asking for heartache.

Fast forward three weeks. Brother gets home early from work and walks into the bedroom where he sees his best friend pulling up his pants, and his fiance is in her bra and panties.

This is obviously an innocent event and it should be clear to everybody that the friend came over to drop off something he borrowed, the fiancee brought out a pitcher of Cherry Kool-Aid and offered the friend a drink, and she spilled the pitcher all over the two of them as she was pouring, so they had to get their clothes off so the stain wouldn't set in.

That's a plausible way to look at this situation. However, unfortunately for your argument, that is only one of many, many plausible ways to look at this.

The problem is your way of looking at this is seriously lacking, just like the other ways, in one key area: factual information. So, in place of factual information you create a perfectly logical scenario, but have to replace the main characters, um Hardy, his dad, the 73 year old lady who think she saw something, and the cops who were there, with "our" Brother, a Stripper and "our" family.

Sorry, but this argument is therefore weak at best, and has just as likely a chance of being true as anything else. I look at it this way: IF the Bills did their own investigation properly and IF the authorities did theirs, and nobody found anything worth bothering with, then the mostly likely scenario is that nothing really happened, or, the whole thing did happen but the family is sweeping it under the rug. If the latter is true, it still doesn't matter that much, because if it were that serious I doubt the outcome would have been = Hardy leaves, cops don't arrest anybody. Is is that hard to believe that a 73 year old lady might, misinterpret/over-amplify what she saw? My Grandmothers were famous for that.

How about this: She probably has a bone to pick with their family especially since there was a party and she wasn't invited<-- see that's idle and irresponsible speculation, the same thing that your argument is primarily based on.

Yeah, you're right, that's exactly the same thing, with all the same facts. I think we should cut Hardy right now, before he shoots Lee Evans.

So...Hardy's guilty of giving your brother a lap dance? :thumbsup:

Because if that's not the case...I'm really not seeing what this has to do with anything...

Yeah, you're right, that's exactly the same thing, with all the same facts. I think we should cut Hardy right now, before he shoots Lee Evans.

Because if that's not the case...I'm really not seeing what this has to do with anything...

:w00t:

Damn. Sometimes I really, really love this place. Well played.

At least I tried to...whatever, yours are funnier. The image of Hardy giving my brother a lap dance will cause me to start intermittently laughing at the wrong times (guys bathroom at the bar, boring conference calls) for the next week. Thanks.

How can you say it doesn't make sense? Maybe the party was over? Maybe "he didn't want to let his frustrations get the best of him" and thought it best to leave. Maybe there was no incident and he just felt like leaving. Maybe the woman asked him politely to leave when she asked him to stop fighting. Maybe his girlfriend called him or it was time to work out. Maybe he knew he was completely innocent and doesn't trust cops.

That is possible. Many Mothers Day parties around America end at 1:30 PM.

I love how everyone cries "we don't have the facts". We do have the facts....Hardy didn't deny anything happened in his statement, he was playing the sorry card.

This is 3 weeks after there was a major debate about his character.

Listen, I still have fond memories of Biscuit even after he went backdoor, and of Bruce even though he took a nap on a 6 lane highway with the motor running, and of Jimbo even though he...well, who REALLY knows what he did. But the free pass that is being given to a guy who has been in town for 21 days and has a shady past is interesting to say the least. I would say that in the good ol' days the Sheriff would run this guy out of town, but I don't want to complicate such a simple idea of lack of facts with another analogy.

3 weeks people....3 weeks the guy can't keep his nose clean. He is either a thug and/or stupid. Before you get your old Peerless jerseys redone, you might want to hold on and see if the guy even takes the field opening day. I hear he has a 14 year old sister that's been "Mouthin' Off".

At least I tried to...whatever, yours are funnier. The image of Hardy giving my brother a lap dance will cause me to start intermittently laughing at the wrong times (guys bathroom at the bar, boring conference calls) for the next week. Thanks.

Hey, the Bills WR's have a history at those places, and Hardy seems to have a history of doing some crazy things. Maybe you can make your wish a reality.

I love how everyone cries "we don't have the facts". We do have the facts....Hardy didn't deny anything happened in his statement, he was playing the sorry card.

He said reports were exaggerated, which is basically denying everything, except that there was a situation that put a negative light on himself and the team, for which he apologized. We don't know what happened, but given that his father is a far more violent and dangerous man than he is, most would be willing to side with junior on this one.

Is it unfortunate? You bet. But maybe this will send a message to his father to leave him the frick alone, like he did for most of his formative years. I'd even go so far as to suggest a restraining order.

He said reports were exaggerated, which is basically denying everything, except that there was a situation that put a negative light on himself and the team, for which he apologized. We don't know what happened, but given that his father is a far more violent and dangerous man than he is, most would be willing to side with junior on this one.

Is it unfortunate? You bet. But maybe this will send a message to his father to leave him the frick alone, like he did for most of his formative years. I'd even go so far as to suggest a restraining order.

I understand.....I am not saying the guy is all bad news. I would say though that if I were an unbiased observer, I would have to move young James a bit to the right on the troublemeter given what has gone on with him.

In my opinion he was a risky pick because of his on-field ability. When you throw in the character stuff, he really has no room for error before the pick starts looking geared towards foolish. In fact, I will make a few predictions for the rest of 2008 for Hardy.

If one of the following doesn't happen to James Hardy by the end of the 2008 season, feel free to ban me from the website.

1) Suspended for NFL substance violation

2) Getting Arrested

3) Misses Team Flight to Away Game

4) Catches less than 40 passes

5) Misses at least 1 full game for bruised/broken ribs

6) Misses at least one full game for a hyperextended knee/patella injury (bone,connective tissue, bursa)

If all 6 of those happen, I want $1 from all who mocked my stripper analogy, in word or privately (there had to be at least 20), so I can go get a lapdance. I'll even splurge for the 81 jersey to put on the girl, and I'll take a picture of us as I'm giving a double bird to everyone.

I'm guessing I'll be off the hook by September 30th at the latest.

I understand.....I am not saying the guy is all bad news. I would say though that if I were an unbiased observer, I would have to move young James a bit to the right on the troublemeter given what has gone on with him.

In my opinion he was a risky pick because of his on-field ability. When you throw in the character stuff, he really has no room for error before the pick starts looking geared towards foolish. In fact, I will make a few predictions for the rest of 2008 for Hardy.

I'll take the risk, on-field versus off-field, on a guy who is 6'5" and 220#, runs a 4.45 40-yard, has good hands, good agility, and caught 36 TD's in 36 games, and who has room to improve his game, versus a domestic disturbance, in light of a lousy upbringing. The kid has issues he needs to work through no doubt, but he's far from Charles Manson.

If one of the following doesn't happen to James Hardy by the end of the 2008 season, feel free to ban me from the website.

1) Suspended for NFL substance violation

2) Getting Arrested

3) Misses Team Flight to Away Game

4) Catches less than 40 passes

5) Misses at least 1 full game for bruised/broken ribs

6) Misses at least one full game for a hyperextended knee/patella injury (bone,connective tissue, bursa)

If all 6 of those happen, I want $1 from all who mocked my stripper analogy, in word or privately (there had to be at least 20), so I can go get a lapdance. I'll even splurge for the 81 jersey to put on the girl, and I'll take a picture of us as I'm giving a double bird to everyone.

I'm guessing I'll be off the hook by September 30th at the latest.

Looks like you covered all your bases. Out of that list, I can see #6 happening, since I think his knees will be the target of a lot of defenders, given his height. Next would be #5, since he'll be catching jump balls in the endzone and leaving his ribs exposed. What that has to do with his character problems is anyone's guess.

But I'll create a "Dwight Drane was right" thread if any one from #1-3 happens, which are character issues. The number of passes he catches has less to do with him than the design of the offense and is a tall order for most rookie WR's (only 3 rookie WR's eclipsed 40 catches last year, with 2 of them by 7-8 catches).

Hey, the Bills WR's have a history at those places, and Hardy seems to have a history of doing some crazy things. Maybe you can make your wish a reality.

Well, aside from the fact that I am still laughing at the absurdity of your last post, and the responses to it, I will say this: my little brother did end up at the Sundowner last year one night and spotted Lee Evans and another player, sorry I forgot who. I'll guess I'll have to ask him if Lee gave him a lap dance. Oh and apparently one of his drunk/idiot friends tried to get Lee to help him find his coat. Does that count?

Also, I still don't know why Lee would go to the Sundowner given the other places around there. Christ, is GTR still open? I can't get the image of a fat chick at that place...well there are probably kids about so I'll just say it involved a shag rug.

It's been fun but it's Miller Time. I'll be sure to check this tomorrow for some more stripper wedding stories from you.

We also have the fact that Hardy didn't deny giving your brother a lap dance...

Well, aside from the fact that I am still laughing at the absurdity of your last post, and the responses to it, I will say this: my little brother did end up at the Sundowner last year one night and spotted Lee Evans and another player, sorry I forgot who. I'll guess I'll have to ask him if Lee gave him a lap dance. Oh and apparently one of his drunk/idiot friends tried to get Lee to help him find his coat. Does that count?

Also, I still don't know why Lee would go to the Sundowner given the other places around there. Christ, is GTR still open? I can't get the image of a fat chick at that place...well there are probably kids about so I'll just say it involved a shag rug.

It's been fun but it's Miller Time. I'll be sure to check this tomorrow for some more stripper wedding stories from you.

The Sundowner to the Bills WR's is like Guam to the US Government. Both are seen as having freedom for the most part, but every now and then the boys throw down a caucus or two to let them know who's boss.

I haven't been up there in ages myself. When I was up there last, Lee was a shy rookie who was afraid to ask for a phone number and would blush coming out of the back room.