Did Marvin join infamous list?

I know the investigation into the shooting at Marvin Harrison's club is in the infant stages, but with the revelation that bullet casings at the crime scene are from the very talented wide receiver's gun, has Marvin earned a spot on the list of outstanding NFL players who've been involved in serious crimes? I think so.

A quick list I can put together includes:

Ray Lewis

Michael Vick

Pac-Man Jones

Rae Carruth

Lawrence Phillips

Jamal Lewis

Joey Porter

and O.J.

I didn't include Tank Johnson or Chris Henry because I don't really view them as ever being outstanding NFL players. Can anyone think of others belonging to this list?

If you didn't include Tank Johnson or Henry as "outstanding" players why would Rae Carruth and Lawrence Phillips be on that list....?

Good question, and I have reasons.

First, Carruth did lead all rookies in catches, yards and touchdowns in the only full season he played, actually only 14 games. Second, his crime was so heinous that he gets on my list no matter what.

As for Phillips, I don't have much of a defense other than I think he was one of the best college RBs of all time, and Dick Vermeil called Phillips the best running back he had ever coached. Phillips was an outstanding player, but his behaviour and attitude problems kept him from showing it in the NFL.

Good question, and I have reasons.

First, Carruth did lead all rookies in catches, yards and touchdowns in the only full season he played, actually only 14 games. Second, his crime was so heinous that he gets on my list no matter what.

As for Phillips, I don't have much of a defense other than I think he was one of the best college RBs of all time, and Dick Vermeil called Phillips the best running back he had ever coached. Phillips was an outstanding player, but his behaviour and attitude problems kept him from showing it in the NFL.

Gotcha, your post about Carruth's crime just made me go back and read over exactly what happened again since it's been so long. What an unbelievable thing to do to any woman, let alone the woman that is carrying your two children.

I know the investigation into the shooting at Marvin Harrison's club is in the infant stages, but with the revelation that bullet casings at the crime scene are from the very talented wide receiver's gun, has Marvin earned a spot on the list of outstanding NFL players who've been involved in serious crimes? I think so.

Ray Lewis

Michael Vick

Pac-Man Jones

Rae Carruth

Lawrence Phillips

Jamal Lewis

Joey Porter

and O.J.

I didn't include Tank Johnson or Chris Henry because I don't really view them as ever being outstanding NFL players. Can anyone think of others belonging to this list?

OJ & Carruth should top the list just ahead of Lewis

OJ & Carruth should top the list just ahead of Lewis

Perhaps you should do some research on Ray Lewis before you suggest he belongs anywhere NEAR the likes of OJ and Carruth.

Perhaps you should do some research on Ray Lewis before you suggest he belongs anywhere NEAR the likes of OJ and Carruth.

Oh, okay. Ray Lewis was the only person that actually admitted to involvement in that double murder. He also reached a settlement to pay one of the victims families over a million dollars before it went to a civil trial. There's the research.

What is so heinous about drive- by's :P

Uh, the "drive-by" victims were his ex-girlfriend who was eight months pregnant and the couple's unborn twins. Yeah, I am not sure how you define heinous, but that fits mine.

His posse was involved in the DEATH of a person from my understanding. Why don't you enlighten us all & fill us in on the details- LINK?

Oh, okay. Ray Lewis was the only person that actually admitted to involvement in that double murder. He also reached a settlement to pay one of the victims families over a million dollars before it went to a civil trial. There's the research.

I still believe he actually used the knife, he was not an innocent bystander.

Read this article. I don't care whether you believe every word or not, but the "points" you made are not valid.

SI Vault

He had the potential to be great, but I don't think he did anything in his short time in the NFL so far to consider him outstanding like the original post says

He did lead the league in return yards and TD returns.

Ray Lewis

Michael Vick

Pac-Man Jones

Rae Carruth

Lawrence Phillips

Jamal Lewis

Joey Porter

and O.J.

I agree to OJ being on your list ONLY if it's because of the Vegas incident. As far as the other thing, he was innocent!

Ray Lewis

Michael Vick

Pac-Man Jones

Rae Carruth

Lawrence Phillips

Jamal Lewis

Joey Porter

and O.J.

With some research we can expand the list by 50-fold I'm sure. The commish has a lot of job security given the behavior of so many NFL players.