Did Marvin join infamous list?

I hope not, I really liked Marvin Harrison even when he played ball at Syracuse. This saddens me, he was not the celebrating type when he scored, he may have spiked the ball here and there. But he always played hard and never got in anyones face or showed them up.

Mixing players who commited / covered up crimes with those who commited / covered up crimes after they got of NFL does not make sense. There are plenty of ex-players who commit crimes who can be compared with OJ if that is your goal.

Read this article. I don't care whether you believe every word or not, but the "points" you made are not valid.

SI Vault

Wow. Okay. How does this article change the "points" that I made? Whether he held the knife or not, he literally plead guilty to obstruction of justice for this incident and was the only person to actually be convicted of involvement. And that article you linked to contained this...

In '04 Lewis settled civil suits with members of both victims' families for roughly $2 million.

So I fail to see how my points weren't valid. :thumbsup:

Wow. Okay. How does this article change the "points" that I made? Whether he held the knife or not, he literally plead guilty to obstruction of justice for this incident and was the only person to actually be convicted of involvement. And that article you linked to contained this...

So I fail to see how my points weren't valid. :thumbsup:

Obstruction of justice for telling his guys to keep quiet. That ain't murder; not even close.

Do you REALLY believe that every time someone settles a case, they're admitting guilt? Very naive of you. Ray Lewis made a decision that would allow him to move past the incident. Believe me, Ray could afford a couple of mil. People, corporations, and insurance companies settle cases simply to make them go away ALL THE TIME.

Ray was guilty of hanging out with bad people; that's pretty much it. If you think that puts him in the same category as murderers, I don't think anything I write will change your mind.

I agree to OJ being on your list ONLY if it's because of the Vegas incident. As far as the other thing, he was innocent!

"Not guilty" in criminal court, "guilty" in civil.

To somehow be able to deny his guilt boggles the mind. Shameful.

Obstruction of justice for telling his guys to keep quiet. That ain't murder; not even close.

Do you REALLY believe that every time someone settles a case, they're admitting guilt? Very naive of you. Ray Lewis made a decision that would allow him to move past the incident. Believe me, Ray could afford a couple of mil. People, corporations, and insurance companies settle cases simply to make them go away ALL THE TIME.

Ray was guilty of hanging out with bad people; that's pretty much it. If you think that puts him in the same category as murderers, I don't think anything I write will change your mind.

With that kind of convoluted logic, Pac Man should not have been suspended. All he did was commit a few misdemeanors & throw some money in the air.

With that kind of convoluted logic, Pac Man should not have been suspended. All he did was commit a few misdemeanors & throw some money in the air.

I thought he repeatedly slammed a strippers head into the ground violently

Mixing players who commited / covered up crimes with those who commited / covered up crimes after they got of NFL does not make sense. There are plenty of ex-players who commit crimes who can be compared with OJ if that is your goal.

Can we mix up committing the crimes and helping to cover them up? The Bills could double dip in this regard, if so. OJ Simpson murders two people and has Al Cowlings drives the white Bronco on a wild goose chase.

I hope not, I really liked Marvin Harrison even when he played ball at Syracuse. This saddens me, he was not the celebrating type when he scored, he may have spiked the ball here and there. But he always played hard and never got in anyones face or showed them up.

I agree -- I have always thought of Marvin Harrison was one of the great class acts in the NFL. That said, it appears his judgement needs to be questioned now. Why would a guy with so much going for him and with so much to lose buy a carwash, garage and nightclub in one of the worse ghettos in the United States? He would pat down incoming nightclub goers himself at times!

For how many years?

My point is just that his career has been so short, I wouldn't say he is a top tier player just yet, until he can stay at an elite level for more then one season.

I'm not talking about putting the guy in the Hall of Fame. I simply said he deserves to be the list because he was an outstanding player and got in serious trouble. Any one who leads the league in a respectable category is outstanding, by definition, even if only for one year, in which case he was an outstanding player for at least one season.