Bill--this would be a perfect time for you

From Chris Brown:

WHITNER AUCTIONING OFF TRAINING CAMP DINNER WITH HIM: Donte Whitner in an effort to raise money for the CAAO (Consortium of African American Organizations) in his native Cleveland, is auctioning off a dinner with him at Bills training camp this summer to the highest bidder. Bidding opens this Saturday. This is a very unique experience so if you want in bid early and often.

Just think of all the cool stuff you could discuss!

Dinner link

[checks wallet]

I'll give $3.50, but only if you're paying for the dinner.

That should get us both a couple of snacks off the dollar menu at Wendy's.

No offense to Whitner, but I really would not have any interest in having dinner with him.

That got me thinking,

If you could have dinner with one Buffalo past or present player or coach, etc. who would it be?

For me that would be Bill Polian.

I'd love to hear his perspective on building the Bills into a powerhouse and then his later work building the Panthers and Colts.

It would also be interesting to hear his "honest" and "uncensored" view of our current franchise, from owner, to staff to players.

I would choose Modrak from current time or Ted Marchibroda.

Both really good choices, but I have talked with Ted Marchibroda on more than a few occasions. Down to earth guy with a good sense of humor. Some of the stories he tells would never make it to print because he would not want them to. One on one he will paint a picture of the Bills and the players from past eras that not many people know about... if he trusts you to keep what he says between the two of you.