Surprise

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I don't understand the game.

Good. We're in agreement.

But I do understand that most teams don't pay 2.5 million a year for a backup receiver. I think if Hardy is as good as we hope, Reed is gone. This is because, our other Smurf receiver Roscoe is a dangerous slot receiver and again you don't pay $2.5 million for someone to be a 4th receiver.

Go back up to your first sentence.

I say that McCargo has a breakout year this year. The defensive personell has improved since last year, but the scheme has stayed the same. I think that he'll be comfortable in there and, with the improved rotations, he'll have 10-14 sacks since Stroud will draw double teams on most plays. I think that the DE production will be much improved this year as well.

It will be the cyclical improvments to the DLine that will be most surprising for Buffalo this year, especially after the year they had last year.

No way Josh Reed gets cut from this team. He had a solid year last year and he has three years left on his contract extension. Also, he will be able to play in the slot, the position to which he is much more naturally suited. Reed will play very well, and could be the surprise of the year in terms of veterans.

Good point.

Yeah, but I know it wasn't because of Josh Reed's play. He had solid numbers for a number three receiver last year, and he has played out of his natural position for almost his entire time in Buffalo. Just to point out, perhaps everyone here forgot how many clutch plays he had for his team last season, including that monster catch over the middle that set up a winning field goal. Sorry, but Josh Reed has nothing to do with why this team has been below average over the past couple years at WR.

Another good point.

All you guys who keep saying that Reed is garbage and he should/will get cut are nuts. Reed is good (not great, not horrible) receiver when used properly. The proper use is in the slot where it gives him the most room to operate untouched. He's not a burner who's going to run by everyone like Lee and Roscoe. What he is, is a smart player who has a knack for getting open and making clutch catches. Plus, he always seems to get extra yards after the catch. He's not a game-breaker, but a steady contribution from him in our passing game could easily lead this team to a few more victories this year. No way he gets cut.

Back to the original thread topic...

Surprise player this year: Leodis McKelvin. He's going to be starting sooner rather than later and I'm predicting (boldly, if I say so myself...which I just did) 6+ picks this season. With at least 1 defensive TD.

If we are very lucky, Chris Kelsay will be the biggest surprise. If Stroud stays relatively healthy, I am predicting 10 sacks for CK. It makes sense. He is smack in the middle of his prime, and blockers will have to address Marcus, and perhaps a better McCargo. Schobel always has to be accounted for.

If the above is true, the Bills (with a healthy OL), will be a playoff contender at the very least. :thumbsup::beer:

If we are very lucky, Chris Kelsay will be the biggest surprise. If Stroud stays relatively healthy, I am predicting 10 sacks for CK. It makes sense. He is smack in the middle of his prime, and blockers will have to address Marcus, and perhaps a better McCargo. Schobel always has to be accounted for.

If the above is true, the Bills (with a healthy OL), will be a playoff contender at the very least. :thumbsup::beer:

That of course depends on WHEN he gets those sacks. If they're all in garbage time then that stat becomes meaningless. :beer:

I've always found Denney to be a better pass rusher.