Just saw Iron Man

Most of the glut of superhero movies have been a disappointment. Spiderman was good and that's about it. So I went into Iron Man with low expectations. I'm glad to say that it's a GREAT movie! Robert Downey Jr. brilliant!! Great story, well presented. Maybe it's because Marvel produced this movie themselves that they took extra care to give it a strong storyline. Two huge thumbs up!

PTR

The X-Men series and Batman Begins were also pretty good, I thought.

Nice to hear a good review of this one. Thanks.

I'll agree that those two were good. Actually Hellboy was good too.

PTR

I'll agree that those two were good. Actually Hellboy was good too.

PTR

Hellboy was a better film than most give it credit for...I wasn't crazy about the Xmen films, but definitely enjoyed all three Spideys. The last Superman flick was a disappointment for me...there was quite a drop-off in charisma from C.Reeve to B.Routh, IMO. Can't wait to see Iron Man, Dark Knight, and Hellboy the deuce. :wallbash:

Most of the glut of superhero movies have been a disappointment. Spiderman was good and that's about it.

Spiderman 1 was good. 2 and 3 were godawful.

You didn't like Superman Returns?

Most of the glut of superhero movies have been a disappointment. Spiderman was good and that's about it. So I went into Iron Man with low expectations. I'm glad to say that it's a GREAT movie! Robert Downey Jr. brilliant!! Great story, well presented. Maybe it's because Marvel produced this movie themselves that they took extra care to give it a strong storyline. Two huge thumbs up!

PTR

Suprised you like spiderman over the X-men movies. I thought all 3 X-men were better than all of the spiderman movies. Also the Blade movies were good too(people forget he is from marvel comics back in the day) I am siked to see Tony Starks though!

Spiderman 1 was good. 2 and 3 were godawful.

You didn't like Superman Returns?

Looks like you & I may have similar tastes.

Comic book movies I thought were good(worth seeing).......recent times.

Spider-man 1

X-Men 1 & 2

Sin City

V for Vendetta

Batman Begins

Hellboy

I liked Hulk & DD as well but don't count these as good movies for the genre.

I'm seeing Iron Man tomorrow night......ooooh, can't wait......well I guess I can since I'm not going today but you know what I mean.

One thing about Iron Man that sucks, is the toy from burger king. My niece got one tonight, I put it together in 10 seconds and then 5 seconds later its back in pieces, half of which are now missing. Im sure they had lead in them somewhere so it might just be a blessing in disguise

One thing about Iron Man that sucks, is the toy from burger king. My niece got one tonight, I put it together in 10 seconds and then 5 seconds later its back in pieces, half of which are now missing. Im sure they had lead in them somewhere so it might just be a blessing in disguise

Burger King? I guess that's not a surprise considering...

PTR

Burger King? I guess that's not a surprise considering...

PTR

Oh I know, the last thing I want is for my 3 year old niece to put a piece of the damn toy in her mouth and have it lodge in there. How do you explain that to mom. I remember when the toys you got from those places were 1 solid piece of plastic that didn't move at all. And not that soft plastic that the WWF figures we're made out of. Even though those could do damage.

We're starting to witness the complete and total career rehabilitation of Robert Downey Jr.

He was born to play Tony Stark. It's the most inspired bit of casting since Johnny Depp as Capt. Jack. Teriffic movie...

He was born to play Tony Stark. It's the most inspired bit of casting since Johnny Depp as Capt. Jack. Teriffic movie...

He rocked as Iron Man. I actually bought his portrayal of a character more so than in any other movie. Essentially, I am saying, he did a better job of portraying Tony Stark better than even Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Everyone hurry up and see it so I don't have to worry about spoilers.