Just saw Iron Man

Saw it today.

Very good movie, a lot better than I was expecting.

Jon Favreau put together a good piece of work. Good developed characters, good amount of humor, good storyline, and did not overdo it with special effects.

Robert Downey Jr, looks like he was born to play this role. He was fantastic.

Is it just me or did Jeff Bridges look like John Malkovich?

I am not a comic book aficionado, so the only things I knew about Iron Man were, his real name was Tony Stark, and that he had a cool suit. And the suit looks awesome, just like the comic book.

I stayed until the end of the credits. Nice.

Greatly designed and executed movie.

Downey did a great job playing Tony Stark - the directors and writers gave him scenes he could do well with.

Jeff Bridges was almost unrecognizable as Obadiah Stane / Iron Monger telling how good a job they did with his make-up.

Jim Rhodes was different than in the comics as Colonel Rhodes but it well fit within the story.

Definitely a A list superhero movie. They did not go too far off comics to make it a movie like X-Men which was greatly done except for plot/story having so many regulars killed off or Superman with the shield throwing.

I missed the final credits unfortunately. I saw the first part but I did missed the final surprise. It was on YouTube but it was taken off.

Greatly designed and executed movie.

Downey did a great job playing Tony Stark - the directors and writers gave him scenes he could do well with.

Jeff Bridges was almost unrecognizable as Obadiah Stane / Iron Monger telling how good a job they did with his make-up.

Jim Rhodes was different than in the comics as Colonel Rhodes but it well fit within the story.

Definitely a A list superhero movie. They did not go too far off comics to make it a movie like X-Men which was greatly done except for plot/story having so many regulars killed off or Superman with the shield throwing.

I missed the final credits unfortunately. I saw the first part but I did missed the final surprise. It was on YouTube but it was taken off.

That easter egg at the end is just the set up for either Iron Man 2 or a new Nick Fury movie.

PTR

That easter egg at the end is just the set up for either Iron Man 2 or a new Nick Fury movie.

PTR

itll be under the Iron Man franchise, but yeah, if/when the Avengers get involved we may see spinoffs for Thor and Capt America.

which would be amazing

Saw it today.

Very good movie, a lot better than I was expecting.

Jon Favreau put together a good piece of work. Good developed characters, good amount of humor, good storyline, and did not overdo it with special effects.

Robert Downey Jr, looks like he was born to play this role. He was fantastic.

Is it just me or did Jeff Bridges look like John Malkovich?

I am not a comic book aficionado, so the only things I knew about Iron Man were, his real name was Tony Stark, and that he had a cool suit. And the suit looks awesome, just like the comic book.

I stayed until the end of the credits. Nice.

I saw the movie today - I was really conflicted about seeing it, being a childhood fan from the 70's (and have 200 Iron Man comics in the garage), but the critics gave it thumbs :lol: so I spent my $8 - beginning was excellent - ending tailed off. I know they can only explain so much in 2.0 hrs. The FX are geared to a different generation.

I expected more and went away wanting. The comic book Tony Stark was/is an immensely complex character - Jim Rhodes will probably be explained in #2

So far, from all the Marvel Movies, Spidey II and FF II (Sivler Surfer) show the character development

Now, I see Hellboy II is coming - # 1 was :D - #2 is eagerly anticated

itll be under the Iron Man franchise, but yeah, if/when the Avengers get involved we may see spinoffs for Thor and Capt America.

which would be amazing

Saw it last night.......enjoyed muchly! :lol:

....and was a pretty good movie as well.

BTW, A Captain America movie is in production & is scheduled(at this point) for 2009.

which would be amazing

Since the gov't is involved, I expect that it would be based on the Ultimate Avengers version. If they wanted to make it really interesting, they could crossover and have the Avengers try to capture the Hulk.

I thought the movie was true to the character. The only part I didn't like was that the final villian/fight was pretty predictable.

And in general I really hate how much gets revealed in the movie trailers. The Batman and Hulk trailers don't leave much to the imagination. I realize that the internet makes it tough to keep secrets, but I liked when we would go in not knowing what was going to happen. The new Star Trek movie trailer has done a good job so far, only showing the building of the Enterprise with no character reveals.

Since the gov't is involved, I expect that it would be based on the Ultimate Avengers version. If they wanted to make it really interesting, they could crossover and have the Avengers try to capture the Hulk.

word is that RDJ/Stark has a role in the new Hulk movie...

I thought the movie was true to the character. The only part I didn't like was that the final villian/fight was pretty predictable.

but cmon, if youre over the age of 10, every comic book storyline is predictable

And in general I really hate how much gets revealed in the movie trailers. The Batman and Hulk trailers don't leave much to the imagination. I realize that the internet makes it tough to keep secrets, but I liked when we would go in not knowing what was going to happen. The new Star Trek movie trailer has done a good job so far, only showing the building of the Enterprise with no character reveals.

completely agreed. after the Hulk trailer i turned to my date and said "well at least we dont need to sit through that now"

but cmon, if youre over the age of 10, every comic book storyline is predictable

It was in part predictable because I remembered Obidah Stane being a bad guy in the comics. In Batman Begins I knew Ra's al Ghul was a villian, but I was suprised when it turned out it was really Liam Neason.

We gotten two pages in and no one has mentioned the other cool part of the flick ... the new Indy trailer!!!! :P

"You might want to cover your ears ... " :)

And the new Dark Knight trailer...I love this time of year, best distraction for offseason football