Back from NYC

Hey everyone, back from the Draft. As always had a great time in NYC, and at the Draft. I have to admit the 1st round did go by much faster, but still would have liked to have had the first 3 rounds on day 1. Absolutely loved hearing the Jets fans cry and moan when the Raiders took Darren McFadden. And enjoyed the constant booing of the Patriots whenever they were on the clock.

As far as the Bills are concerned, I think they had a solid draft. I could'nt believe it when Leodis McKelvin fell to us, even though I was hoping for DRC, I like McKelvin just as much. When the 2nd round hit, I felt like a kid in a candy store. Amazing that so many WR's & TE's were still available for the Bills to choose from. When James Hardy's name was announced, me and several other Bills fans went ballistic. From that point on the rest of the Bills draft was the icing on the cake. I really liked the picks of Chris Ellis and Alvin Bowen, and I like what I have read about Reggie Corner, Xavier Omon, & Derek Fine. I see a lot of these rookies doing Special Teams, but the Bills need to adress that area.

So bring on mini-camp, and let the countdown to the 2008 season begin.

On a sidenote, this was the last year that the NFL and Radio City had agreed upon to host the NFL Draft. There is word out that Roger Goodell wants to bring the NFL Draft to other cities. At the same time there is a chance that Radio City could get the Draft next year as well.

Personally I hope it stays in NYC, but I know there are some here who want the Draft to go on the road. So there you have it.

Hey everyone, back from the Draft. As always had a great time in NYC, and at the Draft. I have to admit the 1st round did go by much faster, but still would have liked to have had the first 3 rounds on day 1. Absolutely loved hearing the Jets fans cry and moan when the Raiders took Darren McFadden. And enjoyed the constant booing of the Patriots whenever they were on the clock.

As far as the Bills are concerned, I think they had a solid draft. I could'nt believe it when Leodis McKelvin fell to us, even though I was hoping for DRC, I like McKelvin just as much. When the 2nd round hit, I felt like a kid in a candy store. Amazing that so many WR's & TE's were still available for the Bills to choose from. When James Hardy's name was announced, me and several other Bills fans went ballistic. From that point on the rest of the Bills draft was the icing on the cake. I really liked the picks of Chris Ellis and Alvin Bowen, and I like what I have read about Reggie Corner, Xavier Omon, & Derek Fine. I see a lot of these rookies doing Special Teams, but the Bills need to adress that area.

So bring on mini-camp, and let the countdown to the 2008 season begin.

On a sidenote, this was the last year that the NFL and Radio City had agreed upon to host the NFL Draft. There is word out that Roger Goodell wants to bring the NFL Draft to other cities. At the same time there is a chance that Radio City could get the Draft next year as well.

Personally I hope it stays in NYC, but I know there are some here who want the Draft to go on the road. So there you have it.

Sounds like a good time. Myself and a couple friends are considering a trip to the draft next year, assuming it's still in NYC. How early did you get in line? what time would you recommend? Was it chaotic finding a seat or place to stand once entering Radio City? Thanks...

it was great...i got in line at 10 and waited til 1030 the next morning for wrist bands....alot of bills fans this year....i had a bigger cheer when the raiders took mcfadden then when we drafted.....all the looks on the jets fans were priceless.....had alot of diff fans around me and i made it clear i wanted sweed or hardy with that 2nd pick....then there we were with the choice.....the james hardy pick cheers were actually very loud....cant wait for next year...pumped for opening day

Sounds like a blast! I hope it stays in NYC too- I love hearing Jets fans boo! Glad you had fun- hopefully I can meet up with you one next draft wherever it is. And once again, props to you Mark- traveling all the way from San Jose to cheer the Bills on in the draft!

Personally I hope it stays in NYC, but I know there are some here who want the Draft to go on the road.

I think it should to to Toronto! :lol::thumbsup::D

Sounds like a good time. Myself and a couple friends are considering a trip to the draft next year, assuming it's still in NYC. How early did you get in line? what time would you recommend? Was it chaotic finding a seat or place to stand once entering Radio City? Thanks...

Assuming it is in NYC next year, I would get in line as early as you possibly can. I went to Radio City on Friday to check it out and there were people waiting in line to get the wrist bands since 2:30 p.m., they camped out all night. Then more fans got there at 5 a.m. Saturday morning. I get my ticket in the mail so I do'nt have to worry about it. So my best advice to you is get in NYC by Friday, and see how Radio City is looking in the evening. If you want to camp out, go for it, otherwise get there no later than 6 a.m. It'll be a long wait, but you'll guarantee getting in. Besides it's not boring waiting in line, you'll be in line with a bunch of football fans talking about football.