Best Case Scenario

My take on Jauron:

1] In all the years of coaching, this coming season for the Bills will be the most talent he has ever had on a team, and that talent is around the middle of the pack. He has never coached a team with any real talent. So it's impossible to say what kind of coach he will be with any talent.

2] NFL head coaches have to be able to do MANY things well all at the same time. Most of them are good at one or two of them, a few of the best are good at most all of them. In short, they are 1] win, 2] motivate their players and get the best out of them, 3] game plan for the upcoming game, 4] make in game decisions and changes. (Some coaches are also responsible for stocking their teams, and Jauron is a person who has a lot of say but not all)

Looking at it this way, Jauron has only shown so far to be able to motivate his players and get the best out of them. He has not been able to win, he is not a master-game planner, and he has not really shown that he consistently makes good in game decisions and changes. A lot of that has to do with the talent he was given, and what he has proven is that he can get the most out of a team with marginal talent. That's why he still has a job and that's why he deserves a chance this year.

But what he is clearly good at doesn't matter any more, because he has some talent, and he now must prove he can do the other essential things that a coach must do: win, game plan, and make good in game decisions that lead to wins. All three of those things are unknowns at this point. But IMO must be proven this year.

One could argue, and I am one who believes this, that he has shown a decent ability to game plan because he got the Bills to play above their talent level and in a position to win games they probably shouldn't have won. In some respects that's true. But it's only half the equation, and that conservative style won't beat you good teams on a consistent basis and won't get you far in the playoffs unless you have a completely dominant defense. So while his game planning did well with what he had to work with, he still hasn't shown any ability to get a team to just go out and beat the other team. It may not be his fault but you cannot assume he can do it, because nothing in his history has shown that ability. The jury is out for him and he needs to prove it early this September.

3] In regard to respect around the league, Jauron seems to be very highly regarded, but that IMO has nothing to do with his qualities as a head coach. It has only to do with his qualities as a man. Players love to play for him because he treats them with respect. Management loves him because he's a smart, solid, experienced professional. The press loves him for the most part because he's a good guy and he respects them (although they can never get much out of him). So when all these accolades come out about what a great reputation he has around the league, it is very well earned, but really has little to do with his coaching abilities.

Great post, Kelly. Well said. We shall see what Jauron does this year. It will tell the tale, imo.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why on earth would you only mention the last 7 seasons? The man took a virtual expansion team deep into the playoffs. Here is his career record.

I trust that you are not comparing Jauron to Coughlin in terms of coaching ability. You aren't, right? :w00t::rolleyes:

If you read the post, you must have seen I was responding to this:

how else could you explain how a guy with a .437 coaching record over seven seasons can still have a head coaching job.

I pointed out that Coughlin has 6 more regular season wins than Jauron over the last seven year period. Coughlin was on very thin ice with the NYC media and fans at the start of last season. Funny how your IQ and reputation can get rehabilitated by finally getting above average QB play, getting a little help in the team health dept. and having Brady coming up with a bum ankle.

I've said my piece on this anti-DJ issue. The prune faced contingent of TSW seems to value bitching and moaning ubber allis, which gets old real fast.

I've said my piece on this anti-DJ issue. The prune faced contingent of TSW seems to value bitching and moaning ubber allis, which gets old real fast.

Oh please, spare us the drama-filled hyperbole. I'm just telling you how I see it, if it hurts your feelings that I think Jauron stinks as an NFL head coach then you're just going to have to pull yourself together and get over it man. The ones who agree with me are tired of hearing how Jauron is the next Tom Coughlin or Bill Belichick. Those guys are tough head coaches coaches that train their teams hard, have very few injured players and coach to win, not to not lose their games. Three things Jauron knows nothing about. There are good coaches like Belichick and Coughlin, then there's the pushovers like Dick Jauron. He's the classic nice guy finishing last. All I know is if this team lays down like they did twice against the Pats and the last three games of 2007, then Jauron should and hopefully will have punched his ticket out of Buffalo. He stinks, yes I said it. Let's see him prove the apparently few doubters like me wrong. I'd love to see it, but sadly I don't see that happening. Just ask a Bears fan if they have ever missed Jauron.

Oh please, spare us the drama-filled hyperbole. I'm just telling you how I see it, if it hurts your feelings that I think Jauron stinks as an NFL head coach then you're just going to have to pull yourself together and get over it man. The ones who agree with me are tired of hearing how Jauron is the next Tom Coughlin or Bill Belichick. Those guys are tough head coaches coaches that train their teams hard, have very few injured players and coach to win, not to not lose their games. Three things Jauron knows nothing about. There are good coaches like Belichick and Coughlin, then there's the pushovers like Dick Jauron. He's the classic nice guy finishing last. All I know is if this team lays down like they did twice against the Pats and the last three games of 2007, then Jauron should and hopefully will have punched his ticket out of Buffalo. He stinks, yes I said it. Let's see him prove the apparently few doubters like me wrong. I'd love to see it, but sadly I don't see that happening. Just ask a Bears fan if they have ever missed Jauron.

And there are people who think that taking the position that the HC for any team is coaching to lose games is completely ridiculous. You have clearly stated that you don't like Jauron. Fine. You haven't really given a good reason why you took that position except to bluster and blow hot air with "facts" that are clearly in dispute. Over the last seven years Coughlin has a WORSE record as a head coach than Jauron. That's a fact. During those years, Coughlin has BETTER TALENT than Jauron. That's a fact. Perhaps before we judge that a guy is terrible, he should be given an opportunity to coach with players who are talented enough to make the playoffs. This year, Buffalo may finally have that kind of talent. Let's see how he does with a fully healed and talented roster before we make judgment calls and thrown the FO and the team into another three years of chaos by bringing in a new coach, new staff, and most significantly an entirely new system for them to have to learn. No coach turns an unbelievably crappy team around in two years. No one. It takes at least three years to get a team back to fighting shape. We are finally there and Jauron deserves his shot. Stop whining until you actually have something tangible to complain about.

Tony Dungy.

You haven't really given a good reason why you took that position

I can give you several reasons though I keep tellin myself I'm done with this nonsensical argument:

Wins

Losses

Steve Fairchild

QB roulette

Overall philosophy

He's cuter than I am

I can give you several reasons though I keep tellin myself I'm done with this nonsensical argument:

Wins

Losses

Steve Fairchild

QB roulette

Overall philosophy

He's cuter than I am

And I think that everyone here agrees that the second part of the statement I made, which you are quoting, covers the reasons you stated before. :rolleyes::w00t:

And there are people who think that taking the position that the HC for any team is coaching to lose games is completely ridiculous. You have clearly stated that you don't like Jauron. Fine. You haven't really given a good reason why you took that position except to bluster and blow hot air with "facts" that are clearly in dispute. Over the last seven years Coughlin has a WORSE record as a head coach than Jauron. That's a fact. During those years, Coughlin has BETTER TALENT than Jauron. That's a fact. Perhaps before we judge that a guy is terrible, he should be given an opportunity to coach with players who are talented enough to make the playoffs. This year, Buffalo may finally have that kind of talent. Let's see how he does with a fully healed and talented roster before we make judgment calls and thrown the FO and the team into another three years of chaos by bringing in a new coach, new staff, and most significantly an entirely new system for them to have to learn. No coach turns an unbelievably crappy team around in two years. No one. It takes at least three years to get a team back to fighting shape. We are finally there and Jauron deserves his shot. Stop whining until you actually have something tangible to complain about.

You didn't read it correctly. I said he wasn't coaching to win like Coughlin and Belichick clearly do, but rather he coaches to "not lose" the game. I never suggested he coaches to lose games. As for Coughlin, you're leaving out the tremendous amount of cache he had earned in Jacksonville coaching his teams to 11-5, 11-5, and 14-2 consecutively before the wheels fell off and was fired after three losing seasons. Jauron has never had that kind of sustained success, his only claimed is the magic-dust year he won 13 games with a team that had what was widely considered the most fortunate lucky bounce season ever. Coughlin had a proven track record that Jauron still can't touch, even after his fall from grace with the Jaguars. Dick is going to get his chance this year, but if I don't see a major change in attitude when we face the good teams of the league, then I will be here giving Jauron both barrels full of criticism. Last year made me angry watching how we were coached, this year he has to actually earn his freaking job and light a fire under our player's asses when they face the Pats. I could give a crap about beating the sh_tty NFL teams, that should be a given and no big deal to this team. Stop your pity party for Jauron, the guy's lived a charmed life considering his now very long head coaching career and having a very lackluster .437 record.

Oh please, spare us the drama-filled hyperbole. I'm just telling you how I see it, if it hurts your feelings that I think Jauron stinks as an NFL head coach then you're just going to have to pull yourself together and get over it man.

Thanks. I'm going to turn on Dr. Phil right now.... :rolleyes:

You didn't read it correctly. I said he wasn't coaching to win like Coughlin and Belichick clearly do, but rather he coaches to "not lose" the game. I never suggested he coaches to lose games. As for Coughlin, you're leaving out the tremendous amount of cache he had earned in Jacksonville coaching his teams to 11-5, 11-5, and 14-2 consecutively before the wheels fell off and was fired after three losing seasons. Jauron has never had that kind of sustained success, his only claimed is the magic-dust year he won 13 games with a team that had what was widely considered the most fortunate lucky bounce season ever. Coughlin had a proven track record that Jauron still can't touch, even after his fall from grace with the Jaguars. Dick is going to get his chance this year, but if I don't see a major change in attitude when we face the good teams of the league, then I will be here giving Jauron both barrels full of criticism. Last year made me angry watching how we were coached, this year he has to actually earn his freaking job and light a fire under our player's asses when they face the Pats. I could give a crap about beating the sh_tty NFL teams, that should be a given and no big deal to this team. Stop your pity party for Jauron, the guy's lived a charmed life considering his now very long head coaching career and having a very lackluster .437 record.

Shouldn't the difference in competitive balance between the NFC East and the AFC East be self-evident to anyone that actually watches the games?

To be accurate, you did state that Jauron coached to lose games. However, I understand your point. I like how when Jauron has a season where his team was 8-0 in games decided by 7 points or less, that was a magic dust season, that could never have been attributed to his coaching ability.

I also don't think that the team laid down against those opponents. The Patriots won all of their games last year and the only one that was close was the giants. They made a habit of crushing opponents by 20+ points almost week in and week out. Buffalo never quit in the Browns or Eagle's games either. They played hard to the end. Jauron got PS players to compete against the best in the business and I give him cudos for that. I also don't think their competitive fire is what needs motivation. Had Buffalo been playing with a full deck on D last year I think we win a number of those close games that we ended up losing. This year, I think, Buffalo will be much improved.

Lastly, you statement that you don't give a crap about beating bad teams is oxymoronic. You would be horrified if we lost to one, for good reason. However, beating bad teams consistently demonstrates two things. One, that you aren't a sh-t team, but rather are at least mediocre. Better teams beat the teams they are supposed too. During the Mularkey and Williams eras, it was always a question whether the team would even beat the bottom feeders. Now, I don't have that concern. I am happy no matter who we beat. And he's only been a head coach for six total years. He has had stints as a coordinator during the interim. And for the record, most coaches don't have a great winning percentage their first six years in the league. Belicheat, Billick, Dungy, Gruden all of them took time to get their feet wet as a head coach. Jauron has started to turn this team around and the FO has done a very good job at getting him the talent he needs to succeed. Buffalo should stick with him for at least this season and maybe one more and I think that will pay dividends. By then, he will have more than enough talent for this team to be successful, and if we're not, then I'll agree that it's time to let him go. A coaching carousel is worse than a QB carousel and this franchise has been getting on and off that ride for too long.

The won/loss record is one of your so-called "'facts' in dispute"? :rolleyes:

And, now you proclaim to speak for everyone.

Actually, yes. People have cited his W/L record to say that he is a bad coach, including yourself. As I stated to you before, W/L is not the only thing that demonstrates a good coach. You have to look at the reality behind that record. The fact that Jauron had no team in Chicago and did put together one very good coaching effort in the 13-3 season makes me question the reason he has that record. Oh, that's right, because he has been called in to take over teams that have been terrible. Jauron got the wheels back on the franchise in Chicago, and not too many years after he left they were in the SB. I'm NOT SAYING THAT IS ATTRIBUTABLE TO JAURON, so please don't say that I am. What I am insinuating is that perhaps part of his effort to turn the team around, played a partial role in the team's later success.

Seeing as how you and Beerball are the only two on this page who seem to hate Jauron, and that you are now beating a dead horse with an argument that is clearly on unstable footing, yes, I think I can say that most everyone is tired of the pessimism on this board, and would much rather prefer to hear it when it can be based on more than a set of whining and crying facts that we don't have last years SB winning coach and wouldn't it be grand if we did. Funny how when Coughlin was in NY and terrible, everyone thought he was a joke of a coach. Then he wins the SB and he's suddenly the standard by which all other current coaches should be judged. Yeah, because his season this year couldn't possibly have been one based on magic-dust? :w00t:

Shouldn't the difference in competitive balance between the NFC East and the AFC East be self-evident to anyone that actually watches the games?

And ten years ago, the opposite was true. That's football, folks, the tide changes over time. Right now, the AFC East is down and dominated, but that seems to be changing. The NFC East is strong with three teams that could be in the playoffs again next year. But the fact is, the NFC is the far weaker conference, and if the Giants and Redskins were AFC teams, they would not have even made the playoffs last year.

But the fact is, the NFC is the far weaker conference, and if the Giants and Redskins were AFC teams, they would not have even made the playoffs last year.

You can't say that with any certainty whatsoever. The Titans got in and the Giants were a much better team than the Titans.

You can't say that with any certainty whatsoever. The Titans got in and the Giants were a much better team than the Titans.

No statement about the current affairs in the NFL is certain. I'll grant you that. But across the board, the AFC has better competition week in and week out. If the Giants had Tennessee's schedule from last year, they wouldn't have made the playoffs, IMO. I also think that a couple of very solid teams in the AFC had off years last year as well. I do, however, think I could say with some certainty, that if Buffalo had been in any NFC conference besides the NFC east last year, we could have won ten games and made it to the playoffs with the way the team played down the stretch. Just my opinion.

No statement about the current affairs in the NFL is certain. I'll grant you that. But across the board, the AFC has better competition week in and week out. If the Giants had Tennessee's schedule from last year, they wouldn't have made the playoffs, IMO. I also think that a couple of very solid teams in the AFC had off years last year as well. I do, however, think I could say with some certainty, that if Buffalo had been in any NFC conference besides the NFC east last year, we could have won ten games and made it to the playoffs with the way the team played down the stretch. Just my opinion.

I don't think the schedules differed at all. They both played about real five tough games total.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/2007.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/oti/2007.htm

And I think that everyone here agrees that the second part of the statement I made, which you are quoting, covers the reasons you stated before. :rolleyes::w00t:

Won loss record is disputed?

Having Steve Fairchild call play for the final games last year is in dispute?

All thumbs handling of our QBs last year is in dispute?

Common axle, you certainly can do better than that.

OK, let me ask you to give me a list...Please list all games that the Bills have won during Jauron's reign where you were skeptical of our chances going in.

OK, let me ask you to give me a list...Please list all games that the Bills have won during Jauron's reign where you were skeptical of our chances going in.

all of them except maybe the dolphins games. and even then i know better than to EXPECT a win.

Won loss record is disputed?

Having Steve Fairchild call play for the final games last year is in dispute?

All thumbs handling of our QBs last year is in dispute?

Common axle, you certainly can do better than that.

The reason for the win/loss record IS disputed. You blame Jauron entirely, I think there are a lot of other factors that have contributed to it.

The Fairchild playcalling fiasco, in your opinion is completely Jauron's fault. I believe that was a call made by the front office and Jauron was saddled with him. His comments last year indicated for the bulk of the season that he wasn't pleased with the playcalling, but nothing was done. Whose fault was it really? I don't know, maybe a bit of both, but not entirely Jauron's IMO. Clearly a dispute.

The "all thumbs handling" that you describe is also up for debate. I thought Jauron did a very good job managing the situation. When JP got hurt, TE was put in and he played very well. He then got hurt, and JP came in for four weeks. TE may have been ready for J-Ville, but Jauron decided to wait and let him heal and to give JP his last chance at keeping the starting job. JP proved he couldn't cut it and the Bills put TE back in and stuck with him. They have since stated that TE is the starter for next year. I think they did a very effective job with the situation, working out three problems. One, seeing if TE could play, two finally seeing that JP could not cut it as a starter, and three making a solid decision on the future of the position by naming TE the starter and seeing if he could hack it last year. There are still questions, but at least we have a plan going forward. Seems like a sound decision IMO. Again, clearly a dispute.

No matter how good a team is, I don't EXPECT us to win. On any given Sunday, one team can beat another. That's the parody problem in the league now. I will say that regardless of your position, whether we won games we weren't supposed to, Jauron has kept this team competitive against opponents that we weren't even supposed to be competitive against. NE being the exception, but ALMOST no one was competitive against them last year, so I would toss that one out. Buffalo was a good team last year and they are getting better by most accounts. Let's see where we are at the end of the season before we start trying to run another coach out of town.

My take on Jauron:

1] In all the years of coaching, this coming season for the Bills will be the most talent he has ever had on a team, and that talent is around the middle of the pack. He has never coached a team with any real talent. So it's impossible to say what kind of coach he will be with any talent.

2] NFL head coaches have to be able to do MANY things well all at the same time. Most of them are good at one or two of them, a few of the best are good at most all of them. In short, they are 1] win, 2] motivate their players and get the best out of them, 3] game plan for the upcoming game, 4] make in game decisions and changes. (Some coaches are also responsible for stocking their teams, and Jauron is a person who has a lot of say but not all)

Looking at it this way, Jauron has only shown so far to be able to motivate his players and get the best out of them. He has not been able to win, he is not a master-game planner, and he has not really shown that he consistently makes good in game decisions and changes. A lot of that has to do with the talent he was given, and what he has proven is that he can get the most out of a team with marginal talent. That's why he still has a job and that's why he deserves a chance this year.

But what he is clearly good at doesn't matter any more, because he has some talent, and he now must prove he can do the other essential things that a coach must do: win, game plan, and make good in game decisions that lead to wins. All three of those things are unknowns at this point. But IMO must be proven this year.

One could argue, and I am one who believes this, that he has shown a decent ability to game plan because he got the Bills to play above their talent level and in a position to win games they probably shouldn't have won. In some respects that's true. But it's only half the equation, and that conservative style won't beat you good teams on a consistent basis and won't get you far in the playoffs unless you have a completely dominant defense. So while his game planning did well with what he had to work with, he still hasn't shown any ability to get a team to just go out and beat the other team. It may not be his fault but you cannot assume he can do it, because nothing in his history has shown that ability. The jury is out for him and he needs to prove it early this September.

3] In regard to respect around the league, Jauron seems to be very highly regarded, but that IMO has nothing to do with his qualities as a head coach. It has only to do with his qualities as a man. Players love to play for him because he treats them with respect. Management loves him because he's a smart, solid, experienced professional. The press loves him for the most part because he's a good guy and he respects them (although they can never get much out of him). So when all these accolades come out about what a great reputation he has around the league, it is very well earned, but really has little to do with his coaching abilities.

Very nice post Kelly......though I don't agree with every aspect the crux of it is IMO spot on.

The jury should be still out regarding DJ.

............The ones who agree with me are tired of hearing how Jauron is the next Tom Coughlin or Bill Belichick.........

Who's saying this? Seems to me that people who are not convinced that DJ is a dud of a coach are simply defending their views ......not promoting him as the next 'great' coach at all.

And ten years ago, the opposite was true.

And this absolutely nothing to to do with today's Bills and front office.

I find it rather ironic that you keep comparing Jauron to Coughlin. Jauron's best professional success came when he worked for Tom Coughlin (other than the "Mike Brown saves us again" season). In fact, Dick Jauron would, arguably, never have been considered for a head coaching job without the strong start Coughlin displayed with an expansion team. And since there are some that want to marginalize that achievement, it should be said again: that was an expansion team. Compare what they did out of the gates to the Browns, Texans, and Panthers. Sure, mistakes were made, but Coughlin did an incredible job and the small market Jaguars continue to be a formidable football organization.

Who's saying this? Seems to me that people who are not convinced that DJ is a dud of a coach are simply defending their views ......not promoting him as the next 'great' coach at all.

He's not the next great coach. He is the great coach. He just needs a chance to show it. Damn front office and bad players keep dragging him down. :blink:

I find it rather ironic that you keep comparing Jauron to Coughlin. Jauron's best professional success came when he worked for Tom Coughlin (other than the "Mike Brown saves us again" season). In fact, Dick Jauron would, arguably, never have been considered for a head coaching job without the strong start Coughlin displayed with an expansion team. And since there are some that want to marginalize that achievement, it should be said again: that was an expansion team. Compare what they did out of the gates to the Browns, Texans, and Panthers. Sure, mistakes were made, but Coughlin did an incredible job and the small market Jaguars continue to be a formidable football organization.

He's not the next great coach. He is the great coach. He just needs a chance to show it. Damn front office and bad players keep dragging him down. :blink:

And every head coach had to work for someone else. So what? My point isn't to say that comparing them game for game and say oh, well they are the same. My point is that when Coughlin was coaching solid teams in J-Ville, he did fairly well, but when he has been in NY with crappy teams he hasn't done good. Then this year, lightning struck and now he's the "best coach ever" and our coach should be like him. The point is, if you give a coach decent players to put on the field, almost anyone can win ten games. Belicheat couldn't tell his ass from his elbow in Cleveland and the fans ran him out after two or three years. Also note that those winning seasons in J-Ville started in Coughlin's THIRD year in J-Ville, 1997. He had coached two mediocre teams in 1995 and 1996 their first two years in existence. And while Jacksonville had good regular seasons, they did not play well in the playoffs. I also like the fact the YOU continue to call Jauron's good campaign a fluke, but continue to credit Coughlin one hit wonder as something expected. Anyone in NY would have told you before last season that they wanted the guy gone, that he was wasting the talented team they had in NY and that he couldn't coach. What a difference a year can make for the overall perception of a coach and the job he does.

And by the way, even the greatest coaches have a hard time winning when their team doesn't perform. Bill Parcells sure did a heck of job in coaching the Jets those three years. And Jimmy Johnson was fabulous with those Dolphins teams of the late 90's. And Herm Edwards has been a real hit down there in KC. Even Joe Gibbs had to give up because he couldn't get a less than mediocre Washington team to better than a 9-7 record in his coaching return. I guess those guys should have never been coaching either.

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT COMPARING JAURON TO ANY OF THESE COACHES. HE IS CLEARLY NOT (YET) EVEN CLOSE TO BEING THAT CALIBER OF A COACH. MY POINT IS ONLY THAT EVEN GOOD COACHES HAVE TROUBLE WINNING WHEN THEY DON'T HAVE TALENTED PLAYERS ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS COMMENT OUT OF CONTEXT.

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT COMPARING JAURON TO ANY OF THESE COACHES. HE IS CLEARLY NOT (YET) EVEN CLOSE TO BEING THAT CALIBER OF A COACH. MY POINT IS ONLY THAT EVEN GOOD COACHES HAVE TROUBLE WINNING WHEN THEY DON'T HAVE TALENTED PLAYERS ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS COMMENT OUT OF CONTEXT.

:blink:

Good luck with that one....

This is the result of years of bad drafting. Being a great coach doesn't always translate to a winning record. It really depends on where you are, and what you have to work with.

Look at Levy before the Bills and Torre before the Yankees- they were not different coache, they just had better players....they ALREADY were great coaches

This is the result of years of bad drafting. Being a great coach doesn't always translate to a winning record. It really depends on where you are, and what you have to work with.

It's not really so starkly black and white. Great coaches get the most out of the players they have. These hypothetical great players don't just get beamed into the organization by Scotty. It's disingenuous to say that great leadership comes from having a "perfect team". With a perfect team, a wooden post could be a great leader.

The reason for the win/loss record IS disputed. You blame Jauron entirely,

Common now dood, find my quote where i say that. Your silly about this and that is fine by me, but don't put words in my keyboard. I have a very balanced outlook regarding this team.

It's not really so starkly black and white. Great coaches get the most out of the players they have. These hypothetical great players don't just get beamed into the organization by Scotty. It's disingenuous to say that great leadership comes from having a "perfect team". With a perfect team, a wooden post could be a great leader.

And I would say that getting as far as we did last year on a team with 12 guys on IR and a lineup filled with PS players on defense, that Jauron got the most out of the players he had left. No, it wasn't the outcome that we all wanted, but Jauron got the players to play their hearts out every week. IMO, if Buffalo had had all of its starters on the field on D, we win at least two more games last year. I'm not saying Jauron needs the perfect team to succeed, but one that isn't injury plagued and filled with PS players would be a start. Let's see how this season goes before we start judging whether or not he should get another year.

Common now dood, find my quote where i say that. Your silly about this and that is fine by me, but don't put words in my keyboard. I have a very balanced outlook regarding this team.

I don't think looking objectively at the situation and realizing that Jauron hasn't had enough time with this team to make a determination about his coaching abilities makes me "silly about this." And for a guy that has a "balanced outlook regarding this team" you sure do put a lot of blame on an HC who has been operating in difficult quarters during his first two seasons with the Bills. I would say that if the Bills have a terrible year this season without a lot of injuries, then you have more significant grounds for pointing to Jauron. Particularly if the playcalling isn't any better and the D is the same or worse. Fine, then I'll happily say that Jauron has failed. But at this point there is nothing upon which to base such an argument. What he did in Chicago is not what he is doing now. Different team, different conference, different time. Looking at what he has done in his first two seasons in Buffalo he has really started to get this team on the right track. Many are suggesting that the Bills may be contenders for the playoffs this year, a preseaon prognostication that I haven't heard from anyone in a long time. Could we see where Jauron is with the roster he has helped build when the end of the season comes around before we start predicting doom and gloom and start running yet another coach out of town?

And I would say that getting as far as we did last year on a team with 12 guys on IR and a lineup filled with PS players on defense, that Jauron got the most out of the players he had left. No, it wasn't the outcome that we all wanted, but Jauron got the players to play their hearts out every week. IMO, if Buffalo had had all of its starters on the field on D, we win at least two more games last year. I'm not saying Jauron needs the perfect team to succeed, but one that isn't injury plagued and filled with PS players would be a start. Let's see how this season goes before we start judging whether or not he should get another year.

That would be a touching sob story if it weren't for the fact that the Jets and Dolphins were about inept offensively as an NFL team could get. They were ranked 26th and 28th respectively. That's four of Jauron's wins right there. Sorry but us stopping them was not the miracle you are making it out to be. As for the practice squad level comments, I'd argue that the replacements played as good or better than the starters at the beginning of the year. Greer is way better than Webster, was Poz going to play that much better than Digiorgio did last year? No. Wilson played as good of free safety as the still very average Simpson has ever had for this team. Kelsay sucks, so a wooden door would have played as well as him. Stop making last year into this epic season of attrition. It wasn't. I saw with my own two eyes this team badly being outcoached when not facing the NFL's version of the little sisters of the poor. I'm still angered by Jauron's lack of imagination and unpredictability in his gameplanning. We all hope our opinions on this matter are wrong, but his history tells us another story. Last year was the final straw for me, I gave him a chance to show me what he has in terms of head coaching ability and came to the conclusion that the Chicago Bears were right in firing him. He doesn't have what it takes. You all are waiting for the perfect team for him to coach, THAT'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN HERE! We need a coach that can get the most out of a flawed team. Not someone who pads his feeble coaching wins stats on the NFL's most inept teams then gets killed when facing a well coached team.

That would be a touching sob story if it weren't for the fact that the Jets and Dolphins were about inept offensively as an NFL team could get. They were ranked 26th and 28th respectively. That's four of Jauron's wins right there.

and we were what? 30th? so the Bills were the weaker team.

shouldnt they have beaten us each time?