Pats fans upset

in some ways they have a point about the media - the Pats get lots of coverage, so they get extensive public praise and criticism. The Bills barely get any mention at all, positive or negative. Actually I've encountered a few "good" Pats fans that have a very good knowledge of the game - it's too bad they're drowned out by bandwagon tards. And regardless, their team is evil incarnate.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

EDITOR'S NOTE: I only read the Patsy* thread cited here, but I was struck by how often they all refer to their "dynasty." It dawned on me that for all the time I spend listening and reading about the NFL, they are the ONLY ones who refer to the P*triots as a dynasty any more. Talking heads still suck their nuts, but you never hear them referred to as a "dynasty" by anyone who isn't a fan of theirs.

Dynasties don't lose Superbowls. Green Bay of the 60s, Pitt of 70s, 49ers of 80s, Cowboys of 90s - none lost Superbowls.

Not only that, a dynasty is usually extremely dominant, even in the Super Bowl. They don't have to resort to clutch kicks as time runs off the clock, because they are a dynasty and have blown out the opponent before half time.

I'll be curious to see how "invincible" the Pats will be now that everyone is wise to the cheating ways. If they go 8-8 that'll tell me a lot.

PTR

PTR, I hate the Pats as much as the next guy, but they did go 18-0 last season, I THINK without cheating..LOL

PTR, I hate the Pats as much as the next guy, but they did go 18-0 last season, I THINK without cheating..LOL

The Pats always seem to make the "right" play at the right time. Considering what is coming out, I have to believe they did much more than just tape defensive signals.

PTR

Dynasties don't lose Superbowls. Green Bay of the 60s, Pitt of 70s, 49ers of 80s, Cowboys of 90s - none lost Superbowls.

Correctly applied, a "dynasty" would only refer to a team who had won under successive coaching staffs and/or successive owners. The term is not appropriate where the coaching staff/owners are unchanged. The Cowboys could make the claim because the coaching staff changed, but the *s are not a dynasty.

I love the new rules. Eliminations prior to the start of the season. Another one bites the dust. (Too bad. I like PTR)

Okay, Deputy Fife, you're just jonesin' for that dinner, aren't ya? :lol:

Rules is rules. But this one could be hard to keep track of for the next eight months.

Surprisingly, some of those posters were quite kind to the talent on the Bills roster.... It will be hard enough to pry the division away from the Pats... but what I worry about is ALL the competition in the AFC.... This team would be better off in the NFC... I hope we can win 1 out of 2 against NE, but the wild card is going to be a very tough race...

Here are the teams that will most likely contend in the AFC: NE, Indy, Jax, Tenn, SD, Pitt, Cle... and I think Den. and possibly Hou. will be on the cusp... that's 9 teams, not considering any surprises, that will probably at least contend...

Buffalo will have to be on its "A" game with minimal injuries and an improved Trent Edwards to even begin to chisel away at the brick wall in front of them...

Call that a cynical opinion if you like.... I call it reality...

You call that reality? Maybe your reality. Sit right back and I'll tell you a tale about Trent's Reality. Trent Edwards' reality is one of hitting receivers in stride as they gallop to the endzone. It's a reality of throwing the ball all 'round the yard and slingin the hash. A reality of domination... pounding divisional opponents into submission. A reality of perrenial Pro Bowls culminating in a path to the Hall of Fame in stately Canton, OH. This is a reality that ends in a march on Niagara Square to celebrate our championships. And that... is reality.

I hope his selective memory helps him sleep at night

The selective memory helps, but when it comes to a good night's sleep, I'm sure he mostly relies on the three packs of Ho-Hos he has as a little "time to go nightie-nite" snack he has before retiring for the evening.