Enough draft talk, open letter to Dick Jauron...

This being your last chance to prove yourself as an NFL head coach, here's what you need to do:

The offensive team you currently have is not of the "three yards and a cloud of dust, grind it out" mold. You currently do NOT have the offensive line to do this. Only teams that have the top notch run blockers up front can get away with this plan of attack. This team doesn't have that. What this team WILL excel at is being a "pass first to set up the run" type of offense. You need to trust in your offensive playmakers...Edwards, Evans, Hardy, Parrish, Lynch, Jackson and Royal. Give Turk enough leash to throw the ball around to everyone early in games, get them all involved, score touchdowns. Keep defenses off balance, be unpredictable, throw the damn ball to Marshawn. Once you establish the passing game, Lynch will no doubt become the pro bowl runningback we all know he can be once the defenses stop stacking the line. Our offensive line will have a chance blocking seven, not eight guys in the box.

The defensive team you currently have is now ready to take that big step into the top ten of the league. I have faith that with you being a defense coach, you'll be able to make it happen barring injuries. That was a legit excuse last year. If all stay healthy, your Bills should be a top ten defensive unit. I trust that you can accomplish this.

The special teams have been one of the best in the league. I expect this trend to continue.

So there you have it, now go and get er done Dick or step aside. Time for this team to finally get back into the playoffs where they belong. This team has been an embarrassment for the last time, for a long time. We Bills fans are expecting the next great era of the Buffalo Bills to begin in 2008, and we can't wait for the fun ride to begin.

This being your last chance to prove yourself as an NFL head coach, here's what you need to do:

The offensive team you currently have is not of the "three yards and a cloud of dust, grind it out" mold. You currently do NOT have the offensive line to do this. Only teams that have the top notch run blockers up front can get away with this plan of attack. This team doesn't have that. What this team WILL excel at is being a "pass first to set up the run" type of offense. You need to trust in your offensive playmakers...Edwards, Evans, Hardy, Parrish, Lynch, Jackson and Royal. Give Turk enough leash to throw the ball around to everyone early in games, get them all involved, score touchdowns. Keep defenses off balance, be unpredictable, throw the damn ball to Marshawn. Once you establish the passing game, Lynch will no doubt become the pro bowl runningback we all know he can be once the defensives stop stacking the line. Our offensive line will have a chance blocking seven, not eight guys in the box.

The defensive team you currently have is now ready to take that big step into the top ten of the league. I have faith that with you being a defense coach, you'll be able to make it happen barring injuries. That was a legit excuse last year. If all stay healthy, your Bills should be a top ten defensive unit. I trust that you can accomplish this.

The special teams have been one of the best in the league. I expect this trend to continue.

So there you have it, now go and get er done Dick or step aside. Time for this team to finally get back into the playoffs where they belong. This team has been an embarrassment for the last time, for a long time. We Bills fans are expecting the next great era of the Buffalo Bills to begin in 2008, and we can't wait for the fun ride to begin.

Not bad.

since coaching a team of 3rd stringers and practice squad guys to a 7-9 record and losing multiple games by 1-point clearly proves nothing...

I know. But some people enjoy riding people out of town, it's like a thrill rush or something. IDK I think unless the Bills go worse than 8-8 he gets another year after this JMO.

since coaching a team of 3rd stringers and practice squad guys to a 7-9 record and losing multiple games by 1-point clearly proves nothing...

Please exaggerate a little bit more. BTW, they got that record by beating the NFL's little sisters of the poor.

I know. But some people enjoy riding people out of town, it's like a thrill rush or something. IDK I think unless the Bills go worse than 8-8 he gets another year after this JMO.

ummm, apparently you arent listening to 1billsfan. he says this is Dick's "last chance". like he ever gave him a "first chance" to begin with.

Please exaggerate a little bit more. BTW, they got that record by beating the NFL's little sisters of the poor.

we didnt have practice squad and backups playing for us all season? we went the whole year with our starters healthy? we didnt lose a handful of games on last second field goals? i couldve SWORN we were stuck with a backup WR starting at Safety...

what season was i watching then?

im not the one throwing around "last chance" exaggerations.

1billsfan, the worst part is, the rest of your post is high quality, and i cant/wont disagree with it.

but you throw around all this feces about Jauron and his last chance and it makes your obvious well-known hatred for him overshadow any good point you are making.

telling him "get r done Dick or step aside"... get what done? making the playoffs? so if we go 10-6 and miss the playoffs since we're not the top team in the AFC East and barely lose out on a wild card, you want him gone? am i reading that correctly?

1billsfan, the worst part is, the rest of your post is high quality, and i cant/wont disagree with it.

but you throw around all this feces about Jauron and his last chance and it makes your obvious well-known hatred for him overshadow any good point you are making.

telling him "get r done Dick or step aside"... get what done? making the playoffs? so if we go 10-6 and miss the playoffs since we're not the top team in the AFC East and barely lose out on a wild card, you want him gone? am i reading that correctly?

Dick Jauron has had a very long history of being a losing NFL head coach. 7 seasons worth in fact. Do you really believe that Jauron is some great football mind that simply has had a ridiculously long run of bad luck? How fast was JP run out of here and he got what, 3 seasons? Dick Jauron will be head coaching his eighth NFL team in 2008 and I see no reason why the Buffalo Bills or it's fans should be extending him any benefit of the doubt. Dick Jauron HIMSELF said that the NFL is a performance based business, when describing the starting QB situation...well, the same standard applies to the head coach. Just because you are a nice and classy guy does not mean you get to coach the Bills year after year, if in the end you fail to get your team to a playoff birth. I'm sorry, but that is how it is plain and simple.

Dick Jauron has had a very long history of being a losing NFL head coach. 7 seasons worth in fact. Do you really believe that Jauron is some great football mind that simply has had a ridiculously long run of bad luck? How fast was JP run out of here and he got what, 3 seasons? Dick Jauron will be head coaching his eighth NFL team in 2008 and I see no reason why the Buffalo Bills or it's fans should be extending him any benefit of the doubt. Dick Jauron HIMSELF said that the NFL is a performance based business, when describing the starting QB situation...well, the same standard applies to the head coach. Just because you are a nice and classy guy does not mean you get to coach the Bills year after year, if in the end you fail to get your team to a playoff birth. I'm sorry, but that is how it is plain and simple.

I'm sure you hated the hiring of Levy as our head coach too, he had a history of losing before he came here, I'm not saying he is going to ever be a winner, but that is a sad reson for not liking a coach IMO. You can dislike what he has done since he's been here but to say he shouldn't be our coach because of what he did in the past before he became the coach of the Bills is just stupid JMO you're entilted to yours of course. <_<

sooo... since youre upset that JP didnt get a fair chance, you dont feel the need to be a little more patient and rational about anyone else?

im not about to break down his seasons/situation with the Bears, because i know for a fact theyve been presented to you a million times. (Coach of the Year, new GM, etc)

and im too tired of arguing with people who come here to post what they think, and refuse to listen to anyone else even for a second, to try to explain to you about inheriting a team right as it starts a COMPLETE rebuild. you never gave him ONE CHANCE or "benefit of the doubt". why would i expect you to find some now?

fine, you win. someone inform Ralph Wilson and Dick Jauron that 1billsfan from twobillsdrive.com just put him in the hotseat.

fine, you win. someone inform Ralph Wilson and Dick Jauron that 1billsfan from twobillsdrive.com just put him in the hotseat.

<_<<_<

We still have holes on the offensive line- I think we all agree that Fowler isn't good enough. I am not high on Walker either- he just doesn't run block with authority. How many times did Lynch get hit in the backfield and have to make his own yards?

Switching Tripplett for McCargo in the starting lineup is an upgrade, but we don't know what we have in McCargo as a starter yet. Then swapping Tripplett on the bench for Johnson is at least a slight upgrade.

Stroud appears to be an upgrade, but he has yet to play a down for us- how much will he be on the field? He can't make us dominant by himself.

I think our starting defense will be very solid, but not dominant. I hope I am wrong, but everything is speculation at this point.

and im too tired of arguing with people who come here to post what they think, and refuse to listen to anyone else even for a second, to try to explain to you about inheriting a team right as it starts a COMPLETE rebuild.

Dude, he can like or dislike whoever he wants. I'm sure there are many others who feel the same way.

Why are you arguing with people who come here to post what they think? His posting probably acts like a cartharsis for hima as it does for me. That's what makes America great.

You see that's the problem I have here with this board. Why argue and make sarcastic remarks (not you in this case) when all he is doing is presenting his feelings. He didn't insult anyone or get personal. It's a message board. Tell him you disagree..why get frustrated.

For some reason, I believe Ralph's and Dick's response to that would be, "only one?" <_<

Stroud appears to be an upgrade, but he has yet to play a down for us- how much will he be on the field? He can't make us dominant by himself.

Umm, that's exactly what great players do -- they dominate. Stroud should be on the field for every defensive snap unless he's getting a blow, in which case I say good for him.

I think our starting defense will be very solid, but not dominant. I hope I am wrong, but everything is speculation at this point.

If everything is speculation at this point, there are a lot of folks on this message board who need to chill.

I HATE open letters. Such a waste of time.

What good would a closed letter have done? Would it have sparked debate?

1billsfan: Hey guys I crafted a letter for Coach Jauron.

Us: Cool, what did you tell him?

1billsfan: Sorry, it's a closed letter.

Us: Oh, OK.

Dude, he can like or dislike whoever he wants. I'm sure there are many others who feel the same way.

Why are you arguing with people who come here to post what they think? His posting probably acts like a cartharsis for hima as it does for me. That's what makes America great.

You see that's the problem I have here with this board. Why argue and make sarcastic remarks (not you in this case) when all he is doing is presenting his feelings. He didn't insult anyone or get personal. It's a message board. Tell him you disagree..why get frustrated.

you missed the second part of that statement about refusing to listen to anyone else for even a second. if you are going to post your opinions and then not bother to have an open enough mind listen to opposing views, then why bother coming here?

youre right, he can dislike whoever he wants. and thats fine. but after the 100th thread of the same opinion on the same topic from the same poster, and refusal to try to see both sides... its a little old and annoying.

and frankly, from what ive been told about the posts of yours (Mike) that the Mods removed from the McKelvin thread, and the ones that are left in there... who cares if you have a problem with the board? go act like an e-tough guy somewhere else.

draft weekend always brings out the worst in this board. i cant wait for it to fizzle out.

sooo... since youre upset that JP didnt get a fair chance, you dont feel the need to be a little more patient and rational about anyone else?

im not about to break down his seasons/situation with the Bears, because i know for a fact theyve been presented to you a million times. (Coach of the Year, new GM, etc)

and im too tired of arguing with people who come here to post what they think, and refuse to listen to anyone else even for a second, to try to explain to you about inheriting a team right as it starts a COMPLETE rebuild. you never gave him ONE CHANCE or "benefit of the doubt". why would i expect you to find some now?

I was fully supportive of Jauron until it was clear as day early on last season he wasn't going to give his starting QB the chance to fail or succeed. He never put the ball in the most important player's hands, but rather he took the air out of the ball and hoped the opposing team would make the mistake that would give the Bills the win. He never gave Lynch and Parrish the proper amount of chances to catch the ball and make plays. He gets a pass on defense, I fully understand how the injury situation effected our defense. But with the Bills humming along in the second half of 2006, to then draft Lynch and completely turn the offense into the most vanilla version ever trotted out onto an NFL field, it made my toleration of Dick Jauron and his "style" lower than low. I have never hated a Bills offensive system and approach more than I did last year. It's not even about Fairchild anymore, it is clear to me that Jauron is too fearful of a head coach to ever have a playoff caliber offense. For Trent Edwards sake, I hope he can change his ways. If he doesn't then the Bills may be looking for yet another QB to go along with their head coaching search. Jauron ran a neutered offense in 2007 and if he plans on going that route again he might as well submit his resignation because he won't survive the justifiably angry mob after we miss the playoffs yet again.

I was fully supportive of Jauron until it was clear as day early on last season he wasn't going to give his starting QB the chance to fail or succeed.

<_<

you missed the second part of that statement about refusing to listen to anyone else for even a second. if you are going to post your opinions and then not bother to have an open enough mind listen to opposing views, then why bother coming here?

youre right, he can dislike whoever he wants. and thats fine. but after the 100th thread of the same opinion on the same topic from the same poster, and refusal to try to see both sides... its a little old and annoying.

and frankly, from what ive been told about the posts of yours (Mike) that the Mods removed from the McKelvin thread, and the ones that are left in there... who cares if you have a problem with the board? go act like an e-tough guy somewhere else.

draft weekend always brings out the worst in this board. i cant wait for it to fizzle out.

First, let me clarify something. I wasn't acting e-tough. People were making personal insults of which I reacted to. If somebody calls me a douche bag, I'm going to respond. It is not I who is e-tough, it is some of the others who constantly insult people behind their keyboards if they don't like what they have to say. You know who these guy are, I presume.

Secondly, i reacted emotionally to the McKelvin pick by not liking it and making some sarcastic remarks--and stupid perhaps. But i didn't insult anyone and I certainly don't deserve to be called names. I realize I overreacted--I'm human.

Lastly, my post to you was to help, not disparage.

You are probably right I shouldn't stay on this board--people are here are plain nasty.

Well, by and large, that's a reiteration of the "conventional wisdom(?)" as it is here at TSW. Yet, one with memory might find that there was another HC who was of a conservative ilk that once ran a wishbone offense in the NFL, and later railed for league rules against the no-huddle offense. Then, by the good fortune of having the right talent and getting an OC who took advantage of that talent, managed to change his stripes and the birth of the K-Gun offense was born.

Is Jauron and Levy one in the same? NO, but sometimes the time, place and circumstances have more to do with one's philosophy than an inner prejudice to a single system or style. Is Jauron cautious, yes, but when he came here he inherited a pretty bad offensive line, a limited defense, and only better than average special teams. Risk taking? The offense wasn't a high reward offense that made taking risks an an option. The defense was not one that showed it was capable of changing a game or making the big stops when needed, further limiting the option of taking more risks offensively.

Now, the players and talent have improved. We have a new OC who hopefully will have the latitude to open things up a bit, and utilize the new talent added to the roster since Jauron's arrival. Couple this with a defense that hopefully will have better luck health wise, along with the new additions last year and this off season so that it will be a solid, and hopefully good, defense.

This year is the pivotal year for Jauron as HC for the Bills. This is the year the Bills take a big step forward, or it could be the beginning of the end for Jauorn in Buffalo. We shall see come September.

I was fully supportive of Jauron until it was clear as day early on last season he wasn't going to give his starting QB the chance to fail or succeed. He never put the ball in the most important player's hands, but rather he took the air out of the ball and hoped the opposing team would make the mistake that would give the Bills the win. He never gave Lynch and Parrish the proper amount of chances to catch the ball and make plays. He gets a pass on defense, I fully understand how the injury situation effected our defense. But with the Bills humming along in the second half of 2006, to then draft Lynch and completely turn the offense into the most vanilla version ever trotted out onto an NFL field, it made my toleration of Dick Jauron and his "style" lower than low. I have never hated a Bills offensive system and approach more than I did last year. It's not even about Fairchild anymore, it is clear to me that Jauron is too fearful of a head coach to ever have a playoff caliber offense. For Trent Edwards sake, I hope he can change his ways. If he doesn't then the Bills may be looking for yet another QB to go along with their head coaching search. Jauron ran a neutered offense in 2007 and if he plans on going that route again he might as well submit his resignation because he won't survive the justifiably angry mob after we miss the playoffs yet again.

If the offense looks like the same as last year then we have to say its Jaurons style; but at this point i'm putting the blame for such a vanilla offense on Fairchild. Hopefully with Trent coming in and staying in the starting role we have some consistency, and if Turk doesnt open it up after getting DJ's big tall reciever he wanted then its on DJ. For now, its waayyy to early to tell.

You think pretty highly of the talent level of the bills. I disagree that this team is a pass to set up the run offense. There is no receiving option at te. As far as the run blocking goes. That's what happens, when you strictly can't pass the ball, and are consistently facing 9 in the box every week. The addition of James Hardy, should hopefully allow the bills oline to see the more traditional 7 men in the box. This offense strictly won't thrive as a pass to run offense. The talent level isn't there. What I mean by that is. There's only one wr on this roster currently who has the ability to be productive in yards after catch. Roscoe Parrish, lacks basic route running ability, and is actually a detriment, to his qb in this sense. If they used him more on screens, and quick hitches he can do some damage. This should be a balance offense, with a preference towards running the ball. Which is pretty much what I expect it to be.

Top 10 defense? ughh they'll be lucky to be middle of the pack. The line talent, and playmaking lb ability isn't there. You're really asking a lot, of some improved corner depth, and the addition of 1 dt, who may not even be 100%. Are you relying on Chris Ellis, that much to improve the pass rush? Cause I'll be damned, if you really think Schobel + Kelsay/Denney give us anything above mediocre exterior rush ability. Maybe you're relying on McCargo's continued development. Ya know the guy who couldn't beat out Trips and Kyle Williams for a starting job last year. McCargo has natural talent, but he's highly inconsistent, and takes plays off. Are you banking on this unit as a whole to be some great tandem? What can you tell us about Spencer Johnson? Seen the vikings play a lot? Kyle Williams, in all likelihood is where he should be. As a 4th rotational dt. Good effort player, highly overmatched as a starter. The addition of Stroud even if hes at 75% of what he was, should be a massive improvement, over what we watched the past few seasons. Still one injury to this group, and we're just in a terrible situation.

The Lb unit. Poz has a lot of work to do yet. Yeah he played well in limited action, still has a long way to go. Crowell has his ups and downs. He's better in coverage, then chasing plays down. He's learned to time his blizting better. He's not always the surest of tacklers, and has trouble shedding thru blocks. Good player hardly great. Mitchell? He played well last year for the gmen behind, one of, if not the best dline in football, when he was with KC he was pretty damn bad. He's not the fastest of guys. He's prone to whiffing tackles. I'll be watching him closely this year.

The secondary should be improved. Greer should be moved to nickel corner, which will be perfect for him. He has the speed, and change of direction ability to match up with some of the best slot receivers in the game. Should be good to see him matched up against Welker, instead of Moss. I expect McKelvin and Mcgee this year to actually split kr duty, keeping Mcgee healthy throughout the season. The addition of James, and one of the rookies/youboty gives us really good depth at the corner position. Compared to last season, when it was just terrible. The safety depth worries me. It should be nice to have Ko Simpson back, to be one injury away, from starting George Wilson, Bryan Scott, or heaven help us, bringing back Jim Leonhard. The stuff nightmares are made of. Hopefully one of these corners we picked up, can play a little safety, and be a nickle and dime option.

Overall I'm seeing the talent to improve on their miserable ranking from the last 2 years, and be an overall better unit. I don't see the talent of a top 10 defense. It's a good group who should make some plays, but we're an elite pass rusher, and dt depth away from really being a good defense. Maybe in the 09 season. This is a year too early imho. We should win 8-10 games based on the teams we're playing, and to call out Jauron is being blind to the level of talent currently on this team. High expectations, are never a bad thing, and maybe I'm just jaded, but I'll be happy, if all the bills do this year is not lay down like whimpering dogs, to the pats.

You think pretty highly of the talent level of the bills. I disagree that this team is a pass to set up the run offense. There is no receiving option at te. As far as the run blocking goes. That's what happens, when you strictly can't pass the ball, and are consistently facing 9 in the box every week. The addition of James Hardy, should hopefully allow the bills oline to see the more traditional 7 men in the box. This offense strictly won't thrive as a pass to run offense. The talent level isn't there. What I mean by that is. There's only one wr on this roster currently who has the ability to be productive in yards after catch. Roscoe Parrish, lacks basic route running ability, and is actually a detriment, to his qb in this sense. If they used him more on screens, and quick hitches he can do some damage. This should be a balance offense, with a preference towards running the ball. Which is pretty much what I expect it to be.

Top 10 defense? ughh they'll be lucky to be middle of the pack. The line talent, and playmaking lb ability isn't there. You're really asking a lot, of some improved corner depth, and the addition of 1 dt, who may not even be 100%. Are you relying on Chris Ellis, that much to improve the pass rush? Cause I'll be damned, if you really think Schobel + Kelsay/Denney give us anything above mediocre exterior rush ability. Maybe you're relying on McCargo's continued development. Ya know the guy who couldn't beat out Trips and Kyle Williams for a starting job last year. McCargo has natural talent, but he's highly inconsistent, and takes plays off. Are you banking on this unit as a whole to be some great tandem? What can you tell us about Spencer Johnson? Seen the vikings play a lot? Kyle Williams, in all likelihood is where he should be. As a 4th rotational dt. Good effort player, highly overmatched as a starter. The addition of Stroud even if hes at 75% of what he was, should be a massive improvement, over what we watched the past few seasons. Still one injury to this group, and we're just in a terrible situation.

The Lb unit. Poz has a lot of work to do yet. Yeah he played well in limited action, still has a long way to go. Crowell has his ups and downs. He's better in coverage, then chasing plays down. He's learned to time his blizting better. He's not always the surest of tacklers, and has trouble shedding thru blocks. Good player hardly great. Mitchell? He played well last year for the gmen behind, one of, if not the best dline in football, when he was with KC he was pretty damn bad. He's not the fastest of guys. He's prone to whiffing tackles. I'll be watching him closely this year.

The secondary should be improved. Greer should be moved to nickel corner, which will be perfect for him. He has the speed, and change of direction ability to match up with some of the best slot receivers in the game. Should be good to see him matched up against Welker, instead of Moss. I expect McKelvin and Mcgee this year to actually split kr duty, keeping Mcgee healthy throughout the season. The addition of James, and one of the rookies/youboty gives us really good depth at the corner position. Compared to last season, when it was just terrible. The safety depth worries me. It should be nice to have Ko Simpson back, to be one injury away, from starting George Wilson, Bryan Scott, or heaven help us, bringing back Jim Leonhard. The stuff nightmares are made of. Hopefully one of these corners we picked up, can play a little safety, and be a nickle and dime option.

Overall I'm seeing the talent to improve on their miserable ranking from the last 2 years, and be an overall better unit. I don't see the talent of a top 10 defense. It's a good group who should make some plays, but we're an elite pass rusher, and dt depth away from really being a good defense. Maybe in the 09 season. This is a year too early imho. We should win 8-10 games based on the teams we're playing, and to call out Jauron is being blind to the level of talent currently on this team. High expectations, are never a bad thing, and maybe I'm just jaded, but I'll be happy, if all the bills do this year is not lay down like whimpering dogs, to the pats.

I agree with everything you said. We are still a middle of the pack team, but a middle of the pack team with some upside to it if we don't drown in ridiculous expectations

I'd agree with most of what you say, but when Stroud is healthy he is a dominant player.

If he returns to his 2005 form I can see our defense being good to very good.

I think a lot of people underrate Aaran Schobel. I believe he is in the top 5 in the league in sacks since 2003.

If he has a year like he did in 2006 along with a healthy Stroud our D-Line looks very solid.

Our defense has potential to be a top 15 unit, IMO.

agree. schobel had one down year (and still went to pro bowl) and everyone is down on him. if healthy, we will be fine. i believe in points scored against we were in the middle of the pack last year anyways....we just gave up a ton of yardage.

High Motor: One thing that you don't consider in your post is the maturation of many of the players on our defense. How do you know that guys like Whitner, Simpson, McCargo, and Poz won't become among the very best at their positions? I don't think you can look at our team in its current state and make accurate assumptions on how well they'll perform next year, cause a lot of these guys haven't hit their stride yet. What we lack in overall talent in terms of where they are now, we make up for in potential. Potentially, we have a pretty damn good defense. Our offense is obviously behind them in terms of effectiveness on the field, but the same is true of them, too. We have a very young team, and the potential exists for a lot of these guys to be very, very good.

The offensive team you currently have is not of the "three yards and a cloud of dust, grind it out" mold. You currently do NOT have the offensive line to do this. Only teams that have the top notch run blockers up front can get away with this plan of attack. This team doesn't have that. What this team WILL excel at is being a "pass first to set up the run" type of offense. You need to trust in your offensive playmakers...Edwards, Evans, Hardy, Parrish, Lynch, Jackson and Royal. Give Turk enough leash to throw the ball around to everyone early in games, get them all involved, score touchdowns. Keep defenses off balance, be unpredictable, throw the damn ball to Marshawn. Once you establish the passing game, Lynch will no doubt become the pro bowl runningback we all know he can be once the defenses stop stacking the line. Our offensive line will have a chance blocking seven, not eight guys in the box.

[/quote

Well said

I am extremely high on this Bills team. I see them and the Jaguars as the two wild card teams. Only the Pats, Colts, Chargers, Steelers, Jags will be better teams then them in the AFC. The Browns' schedule and super-high expectations will sink their playoff aspirations. I see the Bills and the Browns becoming the future powerhouses of the AFC, once the Pats and Colts start coming back down the mountain. I think the Bills are only a very good DE, C and Guard away from a bonified Superbowl run. What they need this year is to go into games with the attitude that that they know that they're the better team. The rebuilding process is over, it's playoff time this year. If they don't do get there, Jauron should fire himself with that schedule.

I am extremely high on this Bills team. I see them and the Jaguars as the two wild card teams. Only the Pats, Colts, Chargers, Steelers, Jags will be better teams then them in the AFC. The Browns' schedule and super-high expectations will sink their playoff aspirations. I see the Bills and the Browns becoming the future powerhouses of the AFC, once the Pats and Colts start coming back down the mountain. I think the Bills are only a very good DE, C and Guard away from a bonified Superbowl run. What they need this year is to go into games with the attitude that that they know that they're the better team. The rebuilding process is over, it's playoff time this year. If they don't do get there, Jauron should fire himself with that schedule.

I see the Bills needing to get their QB some experience, then add a top DE, DT, RT, TE and C. We aren't that far, but we aren't that close either. We also don't know what we have in Edwards yet, we can only project.

High Motor: One thing that you don't consider in your post is the maturation of many of the players on our defense. How do you know that guys like Whitner, Simpson, McCargo, and Poz won't become among the very best at their positions? I don't think you can look at our team in its current state and make accurate assumptions on how well they'll perform next year, cause a lot of these guys haven't hit their stride yet. What we lack in overall talent in terms of where they are now, we make up for in potential. Potentially, we have a pretty damn good defense. Our offense is obviously behind them in terms of effectiveness on the field, but the same is true of them, too. We have a very young team, and the potential exists for a lot of these guys to be very, very good.

I hope the bills prove me wrong. If they improve that much friggen fantastic. I just don't have that high of expectations. I think they'll be a solid group with some upside. Top 10 seems a little silly, considering theres still a lack of game changing talent in the front 7. They should definitely be improved vs the run, and get off the field on 3rd downs a bit more.

They should have a great shot at a wc based strictly on playing the NFC & AFC W. As far being a powerhouse team. They have some positions to upgrade as Adam alluded to a few posts ago. There's some potential for the bills to have a good team. Edwards needs seasoning, and a real te, and center, and the d needs a dominating pass rusher, if we're gonna take that next jump. As far as Jauron goes. I'm not a fan of blowing up coaching staffs again. It's a self defeating strategy, and why the bills are where they are. He doesn't have that upper echelon talent to compete with ne/indy/pitt/sd/jax yet. He does have a wc level team, who plays hard for him - games vs ne.

I see the Bills needing to get their QB some experience, then add a top DE, DT, RT, TE and C. We aren't that far, but we aren't that close either. We also don't know what we have in Edwards yet, we can only project.

I would say besides a proven QB, the biggest need is Center, then TE followed by DE-although Ellis might be the solution here. I don't see why we need another DT, nor do we need a RT. We lack tackle depth however, and I don't believe we really addressed. This is the one problem I have with this draft--why we didn't address the OL. The guy we chose is at least three years away.

This is the one problem I have with this draft--why we didn't address the OL.

because the front office did not feel that the talent was there when we picked. and did not want to waste picks.

its THAT simple.

i asked it a bunch of times last night, do you think Jauron is going to come to work today and go "AW CRAP, We forgot to talk about OLINE!"??

because the front office did not feel that the talent was there when we picked. and did not want to waste picks.

its THAT simple.

i asked it a bunch of times last night, do you think Jauron is going to come to work today and go "AW CRAP, We forgot to talk about OLINE!"??

If that ever happed I think I would laugh and then cry, prolly laugh some more and then cry again, etc. you get the picture.